The Student Room Group

Labour Party's Medhi Hassan calling non-Muslims 'animals' in secret filming.

[video="youtube;h4hpfqFt-0Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hpfqFt-0Q[/video]

I suppose Medhi. Somebody who continually talks about bigotry..may prove a little point that those who are most obsessed with the topic, generally are bigots behind closed doors themselves. Maybe he, and the likes of Dianne Abbott, aren't against bigotry, but using that notion to attack a particular group they dislike.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Chapter9
[video="youtube;h4hpfqFt-0Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hpfqFt-0Q[/video]

I suppose Medhi. Somebody who continually talks about bigotry..may prove a little point that those who are most obsessed with the topic, generally are bigots behind closed doors themselves.

Indeed. It is the great moral irony. He who fights with monsters should ensure that he himself does not become one.
Sounded like a comedian. Well he follows a very similar line of a comedian both talk BS.
Reply 3
Guess people are only bigots when they disagree with him.
Wow. I used to respect this guy
Reply 5
In what way is he associated to the labour party? Misleading polarising title much??
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 419
In what way is he associated to the labour party? Missleading polarising title much??

Because he's Muslim he MUST be associated with labour. Isn't that obvious (/sarcasm)
Lol he's not part of the Labour party.
hold on a minute he never called non Muslims animals he said they act like animals to fulfil their short term aims. Lets be honest drunk people half naked who cant stand are acting like animals using the excuse of "Just having fun"
Original post by Martyn*
Indeed. It is the great moral irony. He who fights with monsters should ensure that he himself does not become one.

Firstly, Mehdi Hasan is a journalist who writes for the Huffington post. Secondly my interpretation of that is he isn't saying non-Muslims are animals rather than they live their lives as animals. Which is slightly different. I guess he is referring to those acts he see's that aren't so moral like falling out of clubs and bars whilst paralytic and doing drugs etc etc.
Also he makes a good point at the end about Nuclear weapons.
Reply 10
Original post by Legal drugdealer
hold on a minute he never called non Muslims animals he said they act like animals to fulfil their short term aims. Lets be honest drunk people half naked who cant stand are acting like animals using the excuse of "Just having fun"

lol, get a grip. If non Muslims are such animals why does the west have the highest standard of living in the world, while most Muslims live in third world hell holes. Your analogy is ridiculous.
Original post by Frube
lol, get a grip. If non Muslims are such animals why does the west have the highest standard of living in the world, while most Muslims live in third world hell holes. Your analogy is ridiculous.

Did i call non muslims animals? no i didnt. I said some act like animals when they do certain activities and sometimes there are muslims acting like this well if you still class them as muslims if so they are hypocrits

Why does the western world have the highest standard of living? this is a whole difffrent topic and in short ill say lets see how that turns out in 10 years or so.
Reply 12
Did i call non muslims animals? no i didnt. I said some act like animals when they do certain activities and sometimes there are muslims acting like this well if you still class them as muslims if so they are hypocrits

Why does the western world have the highest standard of living? this is a whole difffrent topic and in short ill say lets see how that turns out in 10 years or so.

In 10 years the west will be exploring space and curing cancer. While most Muslim country's will be eating off the floor or killing each other. Who's the animals?
Original post by 419
In what way is he associated to the labour party? Misleading polarising title much??

If you listen to him for more than 5 minutes, it's quite clear he is a Labourite, but he's not officially a member (AFAIK).
Reply 14
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
If you listen to him for more than 5 minutes, it's quite clear he is a Labourite, but he's not officially a member (AFAIK).

Even if true, still doesn't explain nor liberates the use of 'Labour party's....' in the title.

Would've thought mods would've acted and corrected this by now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 419
Even if true, still doesn't explain nor liberates the use of 'Labour party's....' in the title.

Not only this he twisted the words and clearly made several false statements where are the mods?
Original post by 419

yeh I agree.
Reply 17
Original post by thunder_chunky
Firstly, Mehdi Hasan is a journalist who writes for the Huffington post. Secondly my interpretation of that is he isn't saying non-Muslims are animals rather than they live their lives as animals. Which is slightly different. I guess he is referring to those acts he see's that aren't so moral like falling out of clubs and bars whilst paralytic and doing drugs etc etc.
Also he makes a good point at the end about Nuclear weapons.

Arguing the literal meaning of his language doesn't change the meaning of his comments. He is clearly and undeniably generalising all non muslims as immoral. Firstly this is completely untrue and secondly shows a worrying level of prejudice against non muslims.
Oh, you're a muslim? Tell me how it feels to be talking about non-muslims all the time.

What a condescending ****er. I've always been displeased with his presence in my country.

hold on a minute he never called non Muslims animals he said they act like animals to fulfil their short term aims.

Yeah, you're right. Totally non-generalising at all, just like saying all muslims act like terrorists.

Even if he had said only muslims think about the long term aims, it's still prejudice. If I had said this about muslims I'd be called a racist, so **** this prick and his belief system.
(edited 11 years ago)
I really dislike this guy. I was first introduced to him while watching debates about religion, he has a very mindless attitude to Islam in relation to the rest of the population I found.

That's the same bigoted attitude he presented. Treating non-muslims as morally bankrupt alchoholics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending