The Student Room Group

Films that everybody else likes , but you don't

I'll get things started.

The Christopher Nolan Batman films. 3 dreary hours of cheesy dialogue. I just find them rather boring. In the newest one Michael Caine (Alfred) gives away the ending to the film right at the beginning. Although I do suppose the scene in the second one where the Joker tries to blow up the hospital was pretty funny.

Napoleon Dynamite too, just not funny at all
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Agreed on Napoleon Dynamite, I can't for the life of me figure out what makes that film so well liked.
Something about the awkwardness of it is just really funny to some people (myself included). It is easy to see how, to many people, the film could lack anything engaging at all but I suppose that is the nature of the whole enterprise really.

To answer the OP: the film I liked least that everyone else seems to love is The King's Speech. I stopped watching half way through which is pretty rare but I will definitely give it another try at some point just in case. Lol.
Reply 3
Inglorious Basterds. So dull.

EDIT: It's funny, every time you agree with someone by repping them, you make their post less relevant to the thread; every time you neg someone because you like the film they mentioned, you validate their post. This thread is about films you dislike that everyone else likes - if your suggestion gets more agreement than disagreement, you've just named a film that everyone dislikes and your post is irrelevant.
(edited 11 years ago)
I also didn't like Napoleon Dynamite

I'd like to add the Lord of the Rings films... :mwuaha:
Reply 5
I personally don't find 'The Hangover' funny and a lot of people describe it as some amazingly funny film I just don't see it :erm:
Reply 6
Toy Story 3

[video="youtube;1pIh0k7dSEM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pIh0k7dSEM[/video]

watch video before negging/attacking me
Original post by JordanS94
I personally don't find 'The Hangover' funny and a lot of people describe it as some amazingly funny film I just don't see it :erm:

Yeah I didn't like this either.

I liked Napoleon Dynamite though.
Reply 8
(500) Days Of Summer.

Utter ****e but throw a few Smiths references in and you're away with the hipsters.
Reply 9
Original post by iamthestig

I'd like to add the Lord of the Rings films... :mwuaha:

Take it back!
I've not seen a single film that's been mentioned so far.:redface:
I just read the tittle of this thread as having something to do with 'flimsy cat poo'. I need glasses.

I have nothing else to add.
Reply 12
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
I'll get things started.

The Christopher Nolan Batman films. 3 dreary hours of cheesy dialogue. Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises are boring IMO. In the newest one Michael Caine (Alfred) gives away the ending tot he film right at the start.

Completely agree.

And I'll add Superbad to that.

Napoleon Dynamite too, just not funny at all

Completely disagree
common one but don't get why people are addicted to the twilight films, they're really boring!
Reply 14
The Dark Knight
Many mafia gangster films
Will Ferrell films
Pulp Fiction
Greent Street
Original post by Tabzqt
Toy Story 3

watch video before negging/attacking me

is this guy actually pointing out flaws in a movie where toys are in fact real living things? Really?
Reply 16
The tree of life.

Oh my that film made me mad. I asked if I could have my money back half way though, couldn't 'if I just didn't like the film'. It wasn't a bloody film it was a pile of trash.

I also agree on Napoleon Dynamite, I remember being in a room full of people laughing at it just thinking - why is this funny?
Original post by Short Story Long
I just read the tittle of this thread as having something to do with 'flimsy cat poo'. I need glasses.

I have nothing else to add.

I found that funnier than I should have.
Inception, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Avatar, Avengers, All 8 of the HP films (yeah I said it bitches), I Am Legend and The Pursuit of Happyness.

The films mentioned above (expect probably Avatar and the Avengers) aren't 'poo' per se but just very overrated. There are so much more poignant, thought provoking and breathtaking films out there that are virtually unheard of.

Edit: I've pretty much said what everyone else has said so why I'm a getting a cascade of negs? Have I personally victimised you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
The Hangover

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending