The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Georgie
Congrats on those! You beat me in everything :rolleyes:

What did you get?
Reply 1941
Original post by DJMayes
Got full marks in C3, M1, M3, and Physics, 96% in S2 and 92% in M2.

Damn those are some good marks. I only got 88% in M3 (expected), 96% in FP1 (???) and full in Physics.
I'm a gap year student (with an unconditional offer) and I got a 'D' overall in my Critical Thinking resit today after being predicted an 'A' on UCAS (I got a 'b' on unit 1 and a 'u' on unit 2). Its not important to my future, and my offer did not include it (obviously), but I feel like a fraud somehow... Am I a fraud? I know this is a strange question but I've been obsessing over it all day. I feel like a bit of a joke. Am I exaggerating Critical Thinking's importance? I didn't revise for it really (2hrs tops), because after I got my offer I realised I didn't need to and for a month I just let things slide (I thought I could because you only get one gap year and you only get into Cambridge once), but now I feel like a fraud. I never went to any of the lessons at college either when I was there because I chose to focus on my other subjects (we had to do CT or General Studies). Will Cambridge care?
Original post by bibliophile39
I'm a gap year student (with an unconditional offer) and I got a 'D' overall in my Critical Thinking resit today after being predicted an 'A' on UCAS (I got a 'b' on unit 1 and a 'u' on unit 2). Its not important to my future, and my offer did not include it (obviously), but I feel like a fraud somehow... Am I a fraud? I know this is a strange question but I've been obsessing over it all day. I feel like a bit of a joke. Am I exaggerating Critical Thinking's importance? I didn't revise for it really (2hrs tops), because after I got my offer I realised I didn't need to and for a month I just let things slide (I thought I could because you only get one gap year and you only get into Cambridge once), but now I feel like a fraud. I never went to any of the lessons at college either when I was there because I chose to focus on my other subjects (we had to do CT or General Studies). Will Cambridge care?

Nope :smile:. Well done on your unconditional. See ya in October :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Not at all. Cambridge couldn't care less about CT or GS. You could've got a U overall and they wouldn't be all that fussed.
Original post by JustMe?
Bio - eventually neuoscience if it all goes well! Two A*s? Ouch. Got A*AA and an a in AS further maths :P How'd you do Jan exams wise?

I got A*A*A and a D (hahaha) so I'm almost there. How about you?
Reply 1946
Original post by DJMayes
What did you get?

99 for C3, 92 for S2, 84 for D2 (good enough for my maths A*), and 95% in physics.
I'm pretty happy really - I got exactly what I needed. And didn't like S2 or D2 enough to do more than that :tongue:
Finally firmed Cam :smile: Kinda strange not having to wait for [email protected] emails saying: "Something has changed on your UCAS application; please log in to UCAS Track to view the changes." anymore, feels kinda relaxing :P
Reply 1948
Original post by dddrozario
I got A*A*A and a D (hahaha) so I'm almost there. How about you?

A*A*A*A*, guess I just got to bring it home in the summer!
Who has an offer for Economics and/or Kings?
Reply 1950
Original post by DJMayes

You should be happy - they're awesome marks. How're you feeling about the Further a*?

Well my D2 can go in maths for the A* in that no problem, and I've still got M2/FP2/FP3 to go so hopefully two of those can average out to >90% with my S2 mark! I've finished M2 already and I've moved on to self teaching M3 so hopefully that exam will be one of my best, and I enjoy both FP2 & 3 so I'm feeling pretty hopeful for those too really. So pretty good!
How are you getting on with the rest?
Reply 1951

I got a D in one of my AS levels before I applied, in maths of all subjects, and they didn't care so I'm sure with something like critical thinking for an unconditional offer, it is beyond irrelevant and you needn't worry :smile:
Well my D2 can go in maths for the A* in that no problem
you know that the Maths A* is an average of 90 in C3 and C4 only?
Reply 1953
Original post by fluteflute
you know that the Maths A* is an average of 90 in C3 and C4 only?

Yeah I do, but I'd still need an A in the third A2 module wouldn't I?
I meant that I was glad I could use D2 for maths (by getting an A even though I hated it) so I still have M2 for a shot at an A* for further maths :smile:
Yeah I do, but I'd still need an A in the third A2 module wouldn't I?
I meant that I was glad I could use D2 for maths (by getting an A even though I hated it) so I still have M2 for a shot at an A* for further maths :smile:
Sort of, you have to average an A across the six modules that are used to form each A level :smile:
Reply 1955
Sort of, you have to average an A across the six modules that are used to form each A level :smile:

Ah okay, probably could've got away with much lower then but still good to know! Just to check, for an A* in further maths you need to average an A across all 6 modules and 90 across the 3 A2 modules, right? Is that all?
Ah okay, probably could've got away with much lower then but still good to know! Just to check, for an A* in further maths you need to average an A across all 6 modules and 90 across the 3 A2 modules, right? Is that all?
Yeah that's right :smile:
Reply 1957
Yeah that's right :smile:

Cool, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Win Butler's Son
Offer from Sidney Sussex for NatSci (biological) via phone after being pooled. Anyone else on their way to Sidney?

Wow I was exactly the same - natsci biological after being pooled - we probably had our pool interviews on the same day!! you weren't the guy I chatted to on the stairs after you'd finished your interview were you??? what offer did you get?
Original post by hull_tiger
Who has an offer for Economics and/or Kings?

Medicine at King's here. Grades willing, of course. Has anyone else here got a medicine offer from King's?

Latest

Trending

Trending