The Student Room Group

Birmingham bus stabbing death: Man, 22, arrested on suspicion of murder of 16 ...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ed-
It's funny how everyone turns to caveman principles as soon as something bad happens.

I've always held these beliefs and I believe they are the solution for people like the person in question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hummi_C
Gets locked up in our prisons? That really isn't that bad, prison isn't what it used to be, it's just like having a shabby apartment :/

And OP, I agree with the comments, there's nothing stupid there...

Getting locked up in a cell for most of the day and having every aspect of your life controlled for life isnt that bad? Okay some prisons abroad are much stricter in comparison but that doesnt make UK prisons not that bad.
terrible and sad only 16.
Reply 23
Original post by ed-
You're an idiot.
If you want a better response maybe you should have elaborated.

It's funny how everyone turns to caveman principles as soon as something bad happens.

Actually, you are an idiot. A smug self satisfied one.
Reply 24
Original post by College_Dropout
Getting locked up in a cell for most of the day and having every aspect of your life controlled for life isnt that bad? Okay some prisons abroad are much stricter in comparison but that doesnt make UK prisons not that bad.

Okay let's say this guy is having massive financial problems, can't get a roof over his head and can't afford food.. In our prisons, you get 3 square meals a day, and sit in a centrally heated room. Fair enough you can't go out and would be bored a lot of the time, but boredom is hardly an apt punishment for stabbing an innocent girl!
Reply 25
Original post by Hummi_C
Okay let's say this guy is having massive financial problems, can't get a roof over his head and can't afford food.. In our prisons, you get 3 square meals a day, and sit in a centrally heated room. Fair enough you can't go out and would be bored a lot of the time, but boredom is hardly an apt punishment for stabbing an innocent girl!

Damn right. Singapore has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and it has a mandatory capital punishment policy.
Reply 26
Original post by rolos12345
Actually, you are an idiot. A smug self satisfied one.

I prefer logical...
Original post by Hummi_C

So starving and freezing them to death would be apt punishment? Say if this guy is a millionaire with a mansion and eats at top restaurants everyday?
Reply 28
The 100yds between where he killed her and where they found him...I road my bike through that bit during the time they was after him(basically a bunch of underpasses)...there was no police around apart from they had blocked the road off. Seems a bit strange looking back.
Utterly disgusting piece of trash deserves torture.

RIP you poor innocent girl :frown:
The man has been sectioned under the mental health act. I thought he might have been a mental illness sufferer when they found him right near the scene of the crime.

Tragic case of wrong place at the wrong time and questions need to be asked about how the man slipped through the relevant authorities nets.
Reply 31
Original post by original_username
The man has been sectioned under the mental health act. I thought he might have been a mental illness sufferer when they found him right near the scene of the crime.

Tragic case of wrong place at the wrong time and questions need to be asked about how the man slipped through the relevant authorities nets.

He is the right age (just about) to be someone with first-onset psychosis. In which case, it is very possible he had no contact with medical, psychiatric or legal services whatsoever.

Unfortunately the nets don't (and can't) cover all young people who may develop psychosis. Unless someone's family/friends can pick up on the changes and refer them, a lot of people become frankly psychotic before being picked up (by the police) for unusual behaviour in a public place / reports from neighbours etc. NOTE: it is extremely rare for someone to present with violent behaviour, it's just very unlucky for an individual (and anyone they hurt) if this is the way their psychosis takes them.

I think if this person is psychotic, it is important to remember how clouded and confused they might be, and the sort of horrible delusions, thought distortions and hallucinations they might be experiencing which drive their behaviour.

Although this person might not have such an extenuating psychosis, at this stage keeping an open mind is best, imo.
Original post by Pigling
He is the right age (just about) to be someone with first-onset psychosis. In which case, it is very possible he had no contact with medical, psychiatric or legal services whatsoever.

Unfortunately the nets don't (and can't) cover all young people who may develop psychosis. Unless someone's family/friends can pick up on the changes and refer them, a lot of people become frankly psychotic before being picked up (by the police) for unusual behaviour in a public place / reports from neighbours etc. NOTE: it is extremely rare for someone to present with violent behaviour, it's just very unlucky for an individual (and anyone they hurt) if this is the way their psychosis takes them.

I think if this person is psychotic, it is important to remember how clouded and confused they might be, and the sort of horrible delusions, thought distortions and hallucinations they might be experiencing which drive their behaviour.

Although this person might not have such an extenuating psychosis, at this stage keeping an open mind is best, imo.

Completely agree with all of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by original_username
Completely agree with all of that

I thought you would as I agreed with your post :p:
Reply 34
love to hear how liberals defend this
Reply 35
Original post by Jareth
Just another white victim of diversity along with even more Asian grooming rings
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/06/police-arrest-eight-men-suspect-grooming-rape

What has being severely mental ill, as the perpetrator was in this case (he has now been sectioned) got to do with race?
It's ok goooooooooooooooise, he will get rehabilitation in prison and when he comes out he will be a happy member of society.
/leftardism.
Reply 37
Original post by Jack93o
love to hear how liberals defend this

It isn't a case of being "liberal" but of having a basic understanding of mental health. If you think you couldn't develop psychosis then you are wrong.
Reply 38
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
It's ok goooooooooooooooise, he will get rehabilitation in prison and when he comes out he will be a happy member of society.
/leftardism.

I am not aware of this viewpoint being expressed by anyone, anywhere. Please provide a quotation.
Reply 39
Original post by Rock Fan
I hate to say it but I bet he gets a soft sentence and will be out within a year or two.

LOL

Do you know anything about murders and sentencing?

Murder = mandatory life sentence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending