The Student Room Group

Can I go to a good university with these grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by amineamine2
Aw lol I'm waiting for Warwick to reply to me too and I've got an offer from Birmingham as well, but for Law. I think it's down to your personal statement if u get in or not. Your subjects and grades are fine and they do link in with History. You seem like a good candidate.

Thanks for the reply, i really do need some advise apart from my friends and family who are obviously biased haha

good luck with warwick!!:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by ByronicHero
There is nothing wrong with having done X amount of qualifications in and of itself - the point he was making, I believe, is that it has not necessarily advantaged you. Life is too short to worry endlessly about these things.

I know, and I dont consider it an advantage but either way I don't see it as a disadvantage as I meet their requirements...
the way he said it made it sound very negative but i do recognise i'm a bit irritable right now haha
Original post by belenhv
I know, and I dont consider it an advantage but either way I don't see it as a disadvantage as I meet their requirements...
the way he said it made it sound very negative but i do recognise i'm a bit irritable right now haha

Just relax. Asking people on here is unlikely to provide you with much useful information and Warwick will reply when they want to reply.

Good luck anyway, they gave me an offer when I applied and I have CCC at GCSE.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by belenhv
Thanks for the reply, i really do need some advise apart from my friends and family who are obviously biased haha

good luck with warwick!!:smile:

You're welcome :smile:
I understand, I think you having four A-levels (a2) is an advantage too as most people only got 3. I think the only negative part is that they might be similar to each other, like Spanish and Italian, and that it's your first language too.
But still they are more than good enough for Warwick in terms of what they want at A-level. Good luck you too.
Reply 24
no chance in hell, seek vocational courses urgently.
Reply 25
Hold on i was a bit quick there, maybe bolton uni? or at the max Uni of Gloucestershire! gd luck!
Reply 26
Original post by Danya1
Not really, in todays competitive society, you need all A* but not to worry, if you can get like A's at a level then you stand a chance, especially if you pick relevant subjects like economics an maths.

Lol, ur such a douche :facepalm: :douche:
I hate how some (obviously not the majority) universities judge you on your GCSE grades. People can change immensely in terms of intellectual capability and past performances do not reflect accurately a person's present potential.
Reply 28
Original post by Well Well....
My a level grades are AAA in Biology, Chemistry and ECONOMICS which is relevant. I dont really what uni I go too, I was just wondering if I have a shot at a respectable one.

yupp

Quick Reply

Latest