The Student Room Group

Sick of being lonely

I am sick of being lonely, i just want someone to love me, i just want to feel like eveyone else feels when they have a boyfriend
But as per ususal no one will ever love being because im fat (been told this wayy to many times to count on one hand)
Does anyone have any advice for me apart from lose weight (which is what i am doing)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am sick of being lonely, i just want someone to love me, i just want to feel like eveyone else feels when they have a boyfriend
But as per ususal no one will ever love being because im fat (been told this wayy to many times to count on one hand)
Does anyone have any advice for me apart from lose weight (which is what i am doing)

Not everyone is in a relationship! There are plenty of people who feel as you do. I know it's hard OP. I am single and it's hard when you see couples holding hands, kissing and other PDA, friends talking about how happy they are and their future plans with their partner. I listen and smile and am happy for them but am also bitter that I am alone and I can't see that changing any time soon. I am the girl that everyone sees as a friend. I am not particularly distinctive/sexy or appealing in an obvious sense. I've only had one relationship and that was a disaster to say the least and I'm on my own right now. It is hard.

All I can say is just focus on YOU atm, your own happiness is in your control. Focus on being happy and making yourself happy. And be patient. That's what I keep telling myself. One day he'll come into my life....

Good luck OP :smile:
Reply 2
aww :hugs: but as the above poster said, just focus on making urself happy for now, it will be hard to love u if u don't love urself. Do things for yourself and be happy and maybe before u've lost all the weight u need to, u'll find someone :smile: just stay positive :biggrin:
Reply 3
You're a female (I assume unless you are gay and you can ignore what i'm about to say) once you lose that weight (and unless you are obese) guys will/should be lining up to try and meet you. You have it on easy mode. Now whether the guys that want you are attractive enough for you is a different matter...

It requires **** all effort on your part. Pick a nice dress, wear make up and lose maybe at most 10 pounds and hey presto you'll have a boyfriend in no time.
Reply 4
start giving out 10 minute sessions of love, then she will be looooooveddddd
Reply 5
Original post by Chobo
You're a female (I assume unless you are gay and you can ignore what i'm about to say) once you lose that weight (and unless you are obese) guys will/should be lining up to try and meet you. You have it on easy mode. Now whether the guys that want you are attractive enough for you is a different matter...

It requires **** all effort on your part. Pick a nice dress, wear make up and lose maybe at most 10 pounds and hey presto you'll have a boyfriend in no time.

ohh but if your obese you wont be able to get a boyfriend?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
ohh but if your obese you wont be able to get a boyfriend?

Not saying that you won't get a boyfriend but your chances will go down to the same as an average looking guy.
Reply 7
Get over the idea that you wont find a partner because you're fat?

Even if you were morbidly, grotesquely corpulent - the biggest thing stopping you is the thought that you have no chance to begin with :sly:
Reply 8
Original post by Chobo

Do you know anything? You're saying all a girl has to do to get into a relationship is be thin. So personality means absolutely nothing?

*Facepalm*
Original post by YThursday
Do you know anything? You're saying all a girl has to do to get into a relationship is be thin. So personality means absolutely nothing?

*Facepalm*

hush now. Wishful thinking aside, its natural for humans to be attracted to the best they can get. Not saying its right or fair but can you honestly say youd go out with a girl whos leggings look like they are packed with mince? (just an example)
Original post by AwsomePossum
hush now. Wishful thinking aside, its natural for humans to be attracted to the best they can get. Not saying its right or fair but can you honestly say youd go out with a girl whos leggings look like they are packed with mince? (just an example)

No, I'm not saying that I would. I'm saying that just because someone is thin it doesn't give them an automatic pass to be in a relationship.
Reply 11

*Facepalm*

I didn't ****ing say that. I said if she wants it to be easy and have guys cueing up for her she should do it (which apparently....she is!). Guys are ****ing desperate and any old fat girl can get a guy.
No, I'm not saying that I would. I'm saying that just because someone is thin it doesn't give them an automatic pass to be in a relationship.

indeed so. but the commonly accepted ideal male/female is not fat or thin. Therefore someone who conforms to this sterotype is more likely to get the green light to slay as much pussy/ gobble as much cock as they like. Takes hard work dear when i was a bit of a tubby tubster i wasnt getting much but then i went to the gym and it was eaaasssyyyy( fanny that is)
Original post by Chobo
I didn't ****ing say that. I said if she wants it to be easy and have guys cueing up for her she should do it (which apparently....she is!). Guys are ****ing desperate and any old fat girl can get a guy.

"Once you lose that weight guys will/should be lining up to try and meet you. You have it on easy mode.
It requires **** all effort on your part. Pick a nice dress, wear make up and lose maybe at most 10 pounds and hey presto you'll have a boyfriend in no time."

You did say that. You said that all she has to do is lose weight. Nothing about personality.
Original post by AwsomePossum
indeed so. but the commonly accepted ideal male/female is not fat or thin. Therefore someone who conforms to this sterotype is more likely to get the green light to slay as much pussy/ gobble as much cock as they like. Takes hard work dear when i was a bit of a tubby tubster i wasnt getting much but then i went to the gym and it was eaaasssyyyy( fanny that is)

I think there is an important distinction to be made between this and being in a loving relationship which is what the OP posted about.
Reply 15
"Once you lose that weight guys will/should be lining up to try and meet you. You have it on easy mode.
It requires **** all effort on your part. Pick a nice dress, wear make up and lose maybe at most 10 pounds and hey presto you'll have a boyfriend in no time."

You did say that. You said that all she has to do is lose weight. Nothing about personality.

Yes. The fact you're missing here is that she has to lose weight if she wants more men approaching her, that's all she has do to.

If she however wants to make the first move then she doesn't even need to lose weight.
Reply 16
Ignore all those who say bad things about you! If you want to lose weight just for yourself, then it's okay but it's not worth to do that just because someone doesn't like you :smile: I've been told many times that I'm ugly etc but I'm not running to do a plastic surgery to look hawt.

You'll find your guy who will be worth to have you as a girlfriend :wink: And as person above said, you don't need to lose weight if you want a relationship.
I think there is an important distinction to be made between this and being in a loving relationship which is what the OP posted about.

point still stands people go for the best they can. Its life :frown:
Glad you're losing weight OP, for the sake of your health if not a relationship. I had very similar problems to you and I know how horrible it is being lonely because you feel bad about your self-image.

Out of interest, are you just doing cardio or have you tried weight lifting? Strength training honestly changed my life. More girls should do it - the whole idea of ending up muscular like a guy will is a myth :smile:

Edit: A said above though, now is a good time to work on your social skills (not saying they are bad, just that they can always be improved). Fat or skinny, charismatic girls are more likely to get a boyfriend (or an intelligent one anyway) than attractive girls with the personality of a potato.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Chobo

Hahaha, the typical bitter male TSR user. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending