The Student Room Group

Thick black glasses

Hi everyone, new to the forum! :biggrin:

Thought I should ask here since a lot of students wear these: where is the best place to buy thick black prescription glasses in the UK? I've tried to get them online but most sites are in the US and would cost about £70 plus extra for postage. I'm not bothered about designer brands or anything like that.

If anyone could give me some on advice on a good place to buy them, or where you got your own, that would be great. Thanks!

These are the sort of glasses I'm meaning by the way:

nerd_glasses.jpg

EDIT: Just realised I should have put this in the clothes sub-forum, apologies! :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

You can get them for about 70p on Amazon, lol
Reply 2
[video="youtube;lVmmYMwFj1I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I?t=25s[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
70p for PRESCRIPTION glasses, I think not. The style is called wayfarer so maybe that could help your search
Like EVERYWHERE. Boots opticians and Specsavers for sure.
Edit: were you looking to buy them online only?
Reply 5
specsavers! i got the Gok Wan ones when they had an offer over christmas but they're normally about £99 check there
Reply 6
Try tesco optcitions they do frames with standard prescription cheaply I recently got a pair kind of similar to those but smaller lenes for £15 as spares.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
The students who wear them aka hipsters mostly have 20-20 vision. lolz
Reply 8
They're called "Wayfarer" and they were made popular by Ray-Ban.

Ray-Bans can be quite expansive so look around and make sure you try them on first! They don't suit everyone! Trust me on that!

Jesse
Reply 9
it may be possible to buy any glasses/sunglasses and ask your optician to change the lenses- mine did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Specsavers is good, especially if you are eligible for an NHS voucher
Original post by sausageez
specsavers! i got the Gok Wan ones when they had an offer over christmas but they're normally about £99 check there

I got gok wans too! They are like dark brown
Original post by alexandraa
I got gok wans too! They are like dark brown

i got these ones in tortoiseshell, i love them :biggrin:

Wow I really like them!! Mine are these

I hope my prescription changes soon and I can get a new pair :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Wow I really like them!! Mine are these

I hope my prescription changes soon and I can get a new pair :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

aw that's cute :smile: i nearly bought 2 pairs cos they had them on sale for half price :tongue: i don't think i want to change mine just yet, i absolutely adore them :biggrin:
aw that's cute :smile: i nearly bought 2 pairs cos they had them on sale for half price :tongue: i don't think i want to change mine just yet, i absolutely adore them :biggrin:

Each time my prescription changes I get a new pair on the nhs for free :biggrin:
Each time my prescription changes I get a new pair on the nhs for free :biggrin:

ah u're lucky, i have to pay for mine *boo* :tongue:
Reply 17

Do they have a blue tinge on the inside of the frame? If so I have this pair too!

I'm hoping to get a couple more pairs of Gok Wan glasses for my birthday if they're still bogof, because I'm in love with his range.
Reply 18
oh brother! you are so last season! get with the times geek chic! uh uh geek freak yu uh! You wanna suit up buddy, nothing beats a suit.
Original post by Floalley
Do they have a blue tinge on the inside of the frame? If so I have this pair too!

I'm hoping to get a couple more pairs of Gok Wan glasses for my birthday if they're still bogof, because I'm in love with his range.

no, mine is just that tortoiseshell colour with different shades of brown. aw do! they're pretty cool eh? they're my first ever fashionable pair of glasses :biggrin: i've finally come to embrace my short-sightedness :tongue: i never used to wear my glasses cos i hated the frames :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest