The Student Room Group

Which newspaper is the best?

Poll

Which Newspaper do you think is the best?

The best can mean in terms of content, political alliances or anything else in your opinion which makes it stand out amongst the rest, feel free to discuss your views below!

PS. The best newspaper does not have to be the one you read. eg. I read The Sun on days which my newsagents sells out of The Guardian, which I believe to be much better than The Sun

(please dont just pick the sun for page 3)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 002
The best can mean in terms of content, political alliances or anything else in your opinion which makes it stand out amongst the rest, feel free to discuss your views below!

PS. The best newspaper does not have to be the one you read. eg. I read The Sun on days which my newsagents sells out of The Guardian, which I believe to be much better than The Sun

(please dont just pick the sun for page 3)

Took the words right out of my mouth :redface:
I was just about to post a topic on it :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
76 views but only 6 votes?! Come on people, vote!
Original post by 002
76 views but only 6 votes?! Come on people, vote!

Theyre all afraid of admitting that they read The Sun because they can't afford to buy a decent newspaper. Ps, where's the Daily Sport?
Reply 4
I'd say the Independent :smile: And the i as an offshoot of that is a great initiative, got lots of people at my school reading newspapers for the first time.
Reply 5
Original post by Historian123
Theyre all afraid of admitting that they read The Sun because they can't afford to buy a decent newspaper. Ps, where's the Daily Sport?

As stated in my OP, I read the Sun, tbh it's not that bad in terms of their football coverage. Sorry about forgetting the Sport, there is always one!
When I'm not at uni, and want something to read, I'll usually get the I, since it's only 20p. Or the Independent for long train journeys.

When at uni, I get the Indy too, which is 40p at campus prices, but usually I end up getting the Torygraph a couple of times a week when they do newspaper & chocolate for 50p :tongue:
Reply 7
I've yet to find the British equivalent of my favourite German newspaper DIE ZEIT - weekly paper, broadsheet, lengthy, detailed, well researched features, voicing opinions from both political spectra (sightly left/liberal to slightly right/conservative).

Apart from that, I like the Guardian and the Times. I'd just prefer more political content and reports about international affairs over 20+ pages about cultural stuff ...
Reply 8
1 The Wall Street
2 USA Today
3 The New York Times
4 Los Angeles Times
5 San Jose Mercury News
6 The Washington Post
7 Daily News
8 New York Post
9 Chicago Tribune
10 Chicago Sun-Times
According to my research and by the volume of circulation.:colondollar:
Reply 9
[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=coO2IgdLDag[/video]

Rofl! This is why the Sun is such a down market paper with ads like this! It is a newspaper right?!
The Guardian is just a mouthpiece for out of touch, willfully blind Islington set. Good standard of journalism however, such a waste of talent.
Reply 11
Seriously, who picked the sun? Are you mad?
Reply 12
Original post by JDMUFC
Seriously, who picked the sun? Are you mad?

People are allowed to express their own preferences you know, just because they like a different newspaper to you dosent mean that you can criticise them for it.

Before you quote me on the video and use of the term downmarket, just remember that I am only expressing my opinion, and haven't critisised any other member who may like the Sun.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
The Guardian just spews a load of liberal bs.
Reply 14
I like The Times. Partly because David Aaronovitch is my favourite journalist.
Reply 15
I voted for The Guardian.
Reply 16
Thanks for the plus rating. DON'T BUY THE SUN!!!!!
Reply 17
I buy and read the Sun when I want a paper because its cheap and cheerful no thrills which is what I am looking for, I know it almost certainly isn't the best paper available but that doesn't bother me at all, sometimes I will just read the standard or metro instead
Reply 18
The Daily Telegraph is the best. While you have loony journalists in every newspaper, the Telegraph is populated with the least. It's political and economic commentary is excellent - the comments section (on the online newpaper anyway...) is profound with common-sensical views and is unafraid to attack even its own journalists for controversial points of view.

TSR is full of liberals, which explains the Guardian's popularity here.
Reply 19
Original post by jcarz
The Daily Telegraph is the best. While you have loony journalists in every newspaper, the Telegraph is populated with the least. It's political and economic commentary is excellent - the comments section (on the online newpaper anyway...) is profound with common-sensical views and is unafraid to attack even its own journalists for controversial points of view.

TSR is full of liberals, which explains the Guardian's popularity here.

Are you crazy

TSR is full of right wing loonies - and I've been here long enough to know that

Quick Reply

Latest