The Student Room Group

Unsure of what to do...

Basically recently my boyfriend seems to be more interested in his friends than me and can say really hurtful things sometimes and it just seems impossible to speak to him, he just doesn't listen!

Do you have any advice on what to do?
Reply 1
yeah, dump his ass. he sounds like he's a jerk anyway. i imagine you are both relatively young and people change as they get older. you may love him or whatever but do you see him being the guy you end up with forever? if not then dump him and be happy on your own or with someone else.
Reply 2
Original post by mdevil3
yeah, dump his ass. he sounds like he's a jerk anyway. i imagine you are both relatively young and people change as they get older. you may love him or whatever but do you see him being the guy you end up with forever? if not then dump him and be happy on your own or with someone else.

Maybe stop telling people what to do and get on with your own life
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Basically recently my boyfriend seems to be more interested in his friends than me and can say really hurtful things sometimes and it just seems impossible to speak to him, he just doesn't listen!

Has anything happened in his life to cause him to react in this way? Maybe he just wants a bit of space. Not sure, you need to give us more background. If he has done this throughout a 2 year relationship for instance, then I think many people would say to dump him, but if there was a recent bereavement, I think just give him time etc
Reply 4
Original post by DR. Pepper
Maybe stop telling people what to do and get on with your own life

maybe read the OP dumb ass and see the bit which says 'any advice on what to do'.
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah you should completely ignore him for a period. You will look desirable. He will come running to you. After that its up to you whether you want to initiate anything :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Yeah you should completely ignore him for a period. You will look desirable. He will come running to you. After that its up to you whether you want to initiate anything :tongue:

I'd probably agree most with this ^. If your boyfriend always expects you to be there he can take your for granted. I'd focus on other things you want to do, give him space, and gauge his reaction.
Anon cause my bf is here.

Yes, ignore him for some good time and get on with your life.
But be careful. 2-3 weeks only, not more. Enough so he knows your value, not long enough so he learns how to live without you.

I did that once. It worked perfectly well. If he misses you, and wants you to stay, then he might really love you. Sometimes it happens that we take people who're there for us for granted, to you too, might've happened.

But don't overdo it though. Make him miss you. Don't hurt him. I mean, don't indulge in extremities like trying to make him jealous with another guy, etc. Just carry on with your normal life. Good luck.
If he's the sort that blurts out hurtful things without thinking twice, then he won't change, trust me love. Best to get rid of him and find a guy who's nice from the start.

Some people's brains are just engineered to be douchebags, best to stay away from them.
Reply 9
If you're unhappy, say it's over. Obviously you have to give him some space for his friends, but he's he's being ohrid to you, then there's no point in making yourself miserable. Move on xoxo
I thought one's partner was supposed to be their best friend, too? Not seeing that here. Dump his sorry ass and go after someone who'd treat you right.
Reply 11
Original post by mdevil3
maybe read the OP dumb ass and see the bit which says 'any advice on what to do'.

You were telling her to dump him but at the end of the day its her life and if she wanted to dump him she'd have done it by now, she doesn't need you interfering
Reply 12
Original post by DR. Pepper
You were telling her to dump him but at the end of the day its her life and if she wanted to dump him she'd have done it by now, she doesn't need you interfering

if she didn't want other peoples opinions then she wouldnt have asked for advice on the internet. why dont you tell the other people who also advised that she dump him to stop 'interfering'?
Reply 13
[QUOTE=mdevil3;41765341]if she didn't want other peoples opinions then she wouldnt have asked for advice on the internet. why dont you tell the other people who also advised that she dump him to stop 'interfering'?

Okay, fair point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending