The Student Room Group

AQA AS Computing unit 2 17th January 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Treeroy
I did most of the paper fine - but I didn't see the back page! Missed several marks for not knowing there were questions at the end. The crazy thing is that I finished 10 minutes early, and sat there waiting for the end, before realising. I was hoping for an A, but I think a B is more realistic.

what did u get?
Reply 101
Original post by Farid Jalil
That was a really nice paper but they had the odd annoying question that caught me out but I think I have a good chance of an A as I didn't think I lost 14+ marks but idk :smile: I loved that 8 mark question first one I didn't struggle on!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

what did you get?
Reply 102
Original post by a10
what did u get?

Got an E. I got As and Bs on all of the past papers; it was a real surprise.
Reply 103
Original post by Treeroy
Got an E. I got As and Bs on all of the past papers; it was a real surprise.

Computing is all about writing the right vocabulary I found the are really strict on that! You can always resit in the summer tho this is the last year of resits so make sure u smash the summer one :wink:

I got a high B so close to the A needed 2marks and I would have got it :/
Reply 104
Original post by a10
Computing is all about writing the right vocabulary I found the are really strict on that! You can always resit in the summer tho this is the last year of resits so make sure u smash the summer one :wink:

I got a high B so close to the A needed 2marks and I would have got it :/

I was 3 marks off an A, I'm going to resit in summer :smile:.
Reply 105
Original post by Nabbles
I was 3 marks off an A, I'm going to resit in summer :smile:.

Really? Why? just concentrate on comp 1 programming exam all we need to get is a high C then we have B grades already! For te A grade however we will need middle A grades to secure it so about 100ums/120
Reply 106
Good too hear decent exam results - My computing tutor tried to get me off the course because I was "Slacking" (before the exam), and he didn't think I would even achieve an E :L...

But 2 marks of an A, so B Overall! - Well done all
Reply 107
Original post by a10
Really? Why? just concentrate on comp 1 programming exam all we need to get is a high C then we have B grades already! For te A grade however we will need middle A grades to secure it so about 100ums/120

Maybe I won't resit. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to. For an A I wouldn't need a very A in comp 1.
Reply 108
Original post by Nabbles
Maybe I won't resit. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to. For an A I wouldn't need a very A in comp 1.

yeah you would need a mid A for an A overall thats 100ums/120ums

I'll be happy with a B as im not doing A2 anyway its an AS for me as i start university in September.
Reply 109
Original post by MilesGone
Good too hear decent exam results - My computing tutor tried to get me off the course because I was "Slacking" (before the exam), and he didn't think I would even achieve an E :L...

But 2 marks of an A, so B Overall! - Well done all

well done bro :wink: we wer all so close to the A lool.
Reply 110
I got a B aswell, I don't want to resit tho for an A, i'd rather just concentrate on COMP1. However, COMP1 is going to be a tough one to secure atleast 100+ UMS marks out of 120.
Reply 111
Original post by VisionAim
I got a B aswell, I don't want to resit tho for an A, i'd rather just concentrate on COMP1. However, COMP1 is going to be a tough one to secure atleast 100+ UMS marks out of 120.

i agree COMP 1 will be hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending