The Student Room Group

I feel like i'd end up all alone

I just want to know if anyone else out there feels the same way. I have never had a best friend. I have friends and just the usual acquaintances but then I get bored of people easily. I know it's wrong but I don't feel comfortable opening up to people. I have had girlfriends, or more like activity buddies who I feel almost nothing for emotionally. I really really want to fall in love and the whole shebang but for some reason, I don't feel as though that is ever going to happen. If you have ever heard "Everybody wants somebody" by Patrick Stump, that explains how I feel/think I feel most times but I don't even know what being in love feels like so... I'm not the greatest looking guy but I feel like I will rather end up alone than settle for less than I deserve. Sincerely, I know I have a problem it's not exactly like I am unhappy with my decisions. I have tried to work on letting my guard down with people and establishing real relationships but like I said earlier, I just get bored. I have seen a number of shrinks but that's no good because I just lie to them and it's so annoying that they can't even tell that I am lying. Sorry for the entire sermon but basically, I just want to know if anyone else feels the same way or something similar.
Reply 1
Why do you lie to a counselor? I think that is a problem you need to address. I've seen some and they aren't magicians. If you don't tell them the full extent of the problem, they can only help a certain amount.

When you say you let your guard down with people, do they respond in the same way?
I definitely agree with djpailo. You definitely need to be able to talk honestly to a counselor. I feel that you may be too afraid of telling them the truth because you feel that the counselor themself may not like you or you? Sorry if this may offend you, but I myself used to have problems opening up to counselors and it was mainly because I felt that if they didn't like me based on what I had told them, I felt I would over-complicate the situation and just add even more variables to my problems.

"I'm not the greatest looking guy but I feel like I will rather end up alone than settle for less than I deserve."

Ask yourself: What excactly it is that you deserve.

No offence intended. I hope you are ok. xx
Reply 3
Exactly same situation but I am a girl. Problem is I need so much me time it is impossible to keep a relation going. Lately I have been driving more and more people away. I get annoyed trying to keep a conversation going and find small talk a waste of time and I cant be bothered with most people and get really irritated with constant need to text and call. Not to mention that my social skills suck.

Basically not looking for anyone not only because there is so much effort but I doubt anyone deserves someone as troublesome as me. I appear great at first then you realise I have trouble written all over. I do stupid stuff all the time then feel sorry for the trouble I am causing everyone. I never want to fall in love, i think I came close to this feeling, it sucks your soul and gives you deluded thoughts of the other person.

Just saying, you could be me.

Cheer up and concentrate on the important things in life.
Reply 4
Original post by flemining
Exactly same situation but I am a girl. Problem is I need so much me time it is impossible to keep a relation going. Lately I have been driving more and more people away. I get annoyed trying to keep a conversation going and find small talk a waste of time and I cant be bothered with most people and get really irritated with constant need to text and call. Not to mention that my social skills suck.

Basically not looking for anyone not only because there is so much effort but I doubt anyone deserves someone as troublesome as me. I appear great at first then you realise I have trouble written all over. I do stupid stuff all the time then feel sorry for the trouble I am causing everyone. I never want to fall in love, i think I came close to this feeling, it sucks your soul and gives you deluded thoughts of the other person.

Just saying, you could be me.

Cheer up and concentrate on the important things in life.

Lol. I do want to fall in love. But like you said, I also get annoyed trying to keep a conversation going and as for small talk, GRRrrr!!! It's like what a load of BS. Idk, I just feel like if it's supposed to be, it should feel right. I'm happy by myself but I know it's not the best. At least i'm glad that i'm not the only one like this :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Lol. I do want to fall in love. But like you said, I also get annoyed trying to keep a conversation going and as for small talk, GRRrrr!!! It's like what a load of BS. Idk, I just feel like if it's supposed to be, it should feel right. I'm happy by myself but I know it's not the best. At least i'm glad that i'm not the only one like this :biggrin:

Glad to be of use :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending