The Student Room Group

Who else is still waiting for offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Applied in October, still waiting for Edinburgh, St Andrews and Exeter
Original post by AmyLH
Applied in October, still waiting for Durham :frown:

You know what annoys me the most about still waiting on Durham, the fact their post-application open days are early next week and I think it's highly unlikely I'll be given an offer and elected a college within such a short space of time. I hate to be missing out on such an occasion as everyone rants and raves about how good they are :frown:
Goldsmiths are the only ones who are taking the piss with me.
I don't want to go there but the suspense of whether or not I'm going to be accepted is killing me. I just want to knooow so I can rejeeect.
Reply 43
I'm still waiting for Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Edinburgh Napier and Dundee...
But at least I've got one offer, so I can relax a bit :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by angelooo
I'm waiting for Aberdeen. Getting so impatient that I phoned them this morning to find out when I can expect a reply, they just said that they were making daily decisions on my course and would have a decision with me soon enough but the volume of applications was exceptionally high this year. Great.

what did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking? aberdeen is also my first choice and I'm still waiting, too
Still waiting on Aberdeen and Heriot Watt. I got a letter from Aberdeen today asking me to complete a form and send back to arrange disability services in advance(I have discalculia) but I haven't got an offer from them...:confused: Not sure what that means. Utter silence from Heriot Watt.
Had an interview at Edinburgh dying to go there but still waiting for a offer! Can't tolerate this much longer!
Anybody waiting for Edinburgh?
Reply 47
Original post by emilypsychology
You know what annoys me the most about still waiting on Durham, the fact their post-application open days are early next week and I think it's highly unlikely I'll be given an offer and elected a college within such a short space of time. I hate to be missing out on such an occasion as everyone rants and raves about how good they are :frown:

Aww :frown: I probably couldn't have afforded to go anyway, so it makes no difference to me but I feel for you :redface:
Reply 48
Original post by Kate Kaci V.
what did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking? aberdeen is also my first choice and I'm still waiting, too

Accountancy & Finance. What did you apply for? I'm so impatient now, I actually feel sick thinking about how long they're taking hahaha.
Original post by sarzed
My friend got her Stirling English offer tonight so they are coming out! :smile: she's waiting on Dundee though :/

Yikes! Will be watching my inbox more continuously then! haha :P
Reply 50
I applied for Hertfordshire in January for adult nursing and still havnt heard back from them, I have a friend who applied for a different course but at the same time and got an interview a few weeks ago, does anyone know the dates for when the interview process stops or when if you have an interview for the same course how long it took to hear back from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Accountancy & Finance. What did you apply for? I'm so impatient now, I actually feel sick thinking about how long they're taking hahaha.

:biggrin: I applied for Economics, so that's the same department. Yeah, they're taking ages, I'm waiting more that three months
Reply 52
Original post by Kate Kaci V.
:biggrin: I applied for Economics, so that's the same department. Yeah, they're taking ages, I'm waiting more that three months

Oh awesome, you're the nearest I've found to someone on here applying to my course/uni haha. At least I know there will be 1 other person in the department haha! I've been waiting around 3 months too, it's so irritating. Scottish unis are so slow and Aberdeen is taking it even slower because they messed up with admissions last year. As long as I find out before I go on holiday, then I'll be quite happy :smile:.
Reply 53
still waiting on bristol for economics and i applied in october, really want to go there but I think it may be a rejection because i think theres been post offer days already:frown:
Reply 54
Can anyone help, I'm in a big mess at the moment. I lied about my uni options to parents. Instead of putting a 5th choice safety option (Nottingham Trent), I gambled on Sheffield University. However I was rejected by them and am now contemplating what to tell my parents. Do I say I got rejected by Trent(which would be highly unlikely had I applied)? Or do I say I got an offer from Trent but then obviously tell them I'm not accepting it? (Although this could backfire if they ask about open days etc.!) please help! Any advice would do lol!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 55
Original post by TK95
Can anyone help, I'm in a big mess at the moment. I lied about my uni options to parents. Instead of putting a 5th choice safety option (Nottingham Trent), I gambled on Sheffield University. However I was rejected by them and am now contemplating what to tell my parents. Do I say I got rejected by Trent(which would be highly unlikely had I applied)? Or do I say I got an offer from Trent but then obviously tell them I'm not accepting it? (Although this could backfire if they ask about open days etc.!) please help! Any advice would do lol!

I'd just tell them, why did you lie about it anyway? Have you got any other offers through or were you counting on your gamble?
Reply 56
At the time of applying my grades weren't brilliant so my dad told me to a lower uni just in case. but Tbh I didn't want any regrets so I just went all out with the unis I set my heart on. I do have offers elsewhere so I probably wouldn't have gone Trent anyway. It's just the fact that I've kept this lie for so long, makes it harder to now tell the truth lol

Reply 57
I'm still waiting to hear back. They said end of March. I keep jumping everytime I get an email on my phone. It's driving me insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile
People have started getting offers that were interviewed on my interview date- hoping that it doesn't mean I've been rejected!
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 59
I'd just tell them, why did you lie about it anyway? Have you got any other offers through or were you counting on your gamble?

At the time of applying my grades weren't brilliant so my dad told me to a lower uni just in case. but Tbh I didn't want any regrets so I just went all out with the unis I set my heart on. I do have offers elsewhere so I probably wouldn't have gone Trent anyway. It's just the fact that I've kept this lie for so long, makes it harder to now tell the truth lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending