The Student Room Group

Btec to a levels

hi guys need abit of adive my btec level 2 engineering course is equivalent to 5 gcse's and so i was wondering next year can i do A levels which you need 5 gcse's for or are colleges funny about this? im also doing gcse english which im predicted a b, and we also have done maths and science which im going to get a distinction for, cheers guys
Original post by rolfe2013
hi guys need abit of adive my btec level 2 engineering course is equivalent to 5 gcse's and so i was wondering next year can i do A levels which you need 5 gcse's for or are colleges funny about this? im also doing gcse english which im predicted a b, and we also have done maths and science which im going to get a tdistinction for, cheers guys

Can't see it being a problem. Most take gcse equivalents. My advice would be to check
with the college you want to apply for first to save you time incase they dont accept it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
Can't see it being a problem. Most take gcse equivalents. My advice would be to check
with the college you want to apply for first to save you time incase they dont accept it :smile:

i emailed the college i already attend its just because im doing engineering and in that we have a maths and science unit where we cover abit of physics and i love it so much i want to change to a level physics chem and maths :smile:
i emailed the college i already attend its just because im doing engineering and in that we have a maths and science unit where we cover abit of physics and i love it so much i want to change to a level physics chem and maths :smile:

Well it looks like you already have some experience in it and a passion for it. Get that application in, kid and good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
Well it looks like you already have some experience in it and a passion for it. Get that application in, kid and good luck! :biggrin:

haha yeah i think im abit to passionate, ive already started revising for a course im not taking until September :smile: im handing in the application tomorrow just hope i can take the course.
haha yeah i think im abit to passionate, ive already started revising for a course im not taking until September :smile: im handing in the application tomorrow just hope i can take the course.

Awh i hope you can too! :') you deserve it!
Reply 6
Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad you think so :smile: if my college wont allow it il just change college :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest