The Student Room Group

Late uni application?

Hi everyone, after finishing my A-Levels last year, I decided to try to get a full time job instead of uni. After searching for months I have found nothing.
I have recently decided that I want to attend university this year, but I've missed this year's application deadline!
Is there any way I can apply late and still get a place?
Original post by lauramd94
Hi everyone, after finishing my A-Levels last year, I decided to try to get a full time job instead of uni. After searching for months I have found nothing.
I have recently decided that I want to attend university this year, but I've missed this year's application deadline!
Is there any way I can apply late and still get a place?

You can still apply through UCAS, it'll just be classed as a late application. This means that universities don't have to consider you for courses, but more than likely they will :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for the help, I'll start applying through UCAS asap! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lauramd94
Thanks for the help, I'll start applying through UCAS asap! :smile:

Make sure you contact the unis you're interested in before applying to check that they have spaces

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 4
I did not apply until february and i have had 3 offers so far. I just rang the universitys to make sure they would consider late applications. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Redrose90
I did not apply until february and i have had 3 offers so far. I just rang the universitys to make sure they would consider late applications. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

What unis got back to you?
How long did you have to wait before you heard anything back? I sent mine in on the 11th of March so I'm worried D:
Reply 6
I commented on this question in the Portsmouth thread I think. I applied at the end of February and got offers from all five of my choices so you can definitely still get in :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
I applied late and got an offer the same day the uni received it - of course they placed a condition on it that I can't meet by the deadline so they're now 'reviewing' this decision but, just check with the uni first, make sure they have places available and will consider a late application.
Reply 8
Original post by k-stew
What unis got back to you?
How long did you have to wait before you heard anything back? I sent mine in on the 11th of March so I'm worried D:

Ive heard back from university of sheffield, sheffield hallam, leeds met, university of derby. Im just waiting to hear from university of york.

I heard back from 3 of them within 10 days of sending my application off, the forth took about 3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Whitley
I commented on this question in the Portsmouth thread I think. I applied at the end of February and got offers from all five of my choices so you can definitely still get in :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yup I posted the same question in the applicant threads of the unis I'm applying to.. Portsmouth, Plymouth and Southampton.

Phew! Congrats! :smile: My grades are just average though so I'm nervous that I won't get any offers :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending