The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4300
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yep, great series, though a little depressing. One of my top 50 of all time. :yes:

So glad I've finally found someone else whose seen and liked it! But you're right though, seriously depressing especially certain stories (Moji).Heard the manga was a lot more depressing/better but haven't read it yet:frown:
Hey guys,

I'm looking for manga recommendation's. Something epic and long lasting with lots of character development would be great!

Also, I started Rozen Maiden but found it extremely annoying after just 2 episodes. :nothing:
Does it get better?

Original post by Hanvyj

I'm going to sea for a few weeks with no internet access :O so I need to download a lot of stuffs to keep my sane

Here's some movie recommendations: Princess Mononoke, Perfect Blue, Redline. All really good! :smile:
Original post by Onoderas
So glad I've finally found someone else whose seen and liked it! But you're right though, seriously depressing especially certain stories (Moji).Heard the manga was a lot more depressing/better but haven't read it yet:frown:

Yeah, I've only watched the anime myself. The whole time I was watching Madoka Magica, all I could think was that it was pretty much Bokurano with magical girls instead of mechs. :p:
Reply 4303
Yeah, I've only watched the anime myself. The whole time I was watching Madoka Magica, all I could think was that it was pretty much Bokurano with magical girls instead of mechs. :p:

Haha yes my thoughts exactly! Love them both so much though, although Bokurano probably got to me more with the fact that they were all so young and the events they've been through were just awful. That series just likes to crush every bit of hope!
Original post by confuzzled92
Hey guys,

I'm looking for manga recommendation's. Something epic and long lasting with lots of character development would be great!

Also, I started Rozen Maiden but found it extremely annoying after just 2 episodes. :nothing:
Does it get better?

I'm no expert on manga, particularly long lasting series, but on the off chance I'd recommend the following:

Gunslinger Girl

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle

Rave Master

Hope something there takes your interest. :smile:

As for Rozen Maiden, I'd say it does get better once the antagonist is introduced (in episode 3 I believe), so maybe give it another couple of eps. Still, if you don't particularly like the main characters or setting so far, maybe it just isn't your kind of series. :dontknow:
Reply 4305

Original post by confuzzled92

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. I don't mind the depressing ones :smile:
Thanks for the reccs, I'll check out the Tsubasa Chronicle manga.

As for Rozen Maiden, I'd say it does get better once the antagonist is introduced (in episode 3 I believe), so maybe give it another couple of eps. Still, if you don't particularly like the main characters or setting so far, maybe it just isn't your kind of series. :dontknow:

It's only Hina Ichigo and Jun's sister that I find unbearable. I guess I'll stick to it for a few more eps, since I've heard it starts off slow :tongue:
Reply 4307
Shinsekai Yori is definitely my favourite airing at the moment (next to Boku wa). I love Chihayafuru 2 as well but for some reason, I'm not finding it the same in terms of enjoyment as season 1 was. Still think it's an amazing series though.

By the way has anyone else ever seen/read Bokurano? No one seems to know about it :frown:

I love you. <3 SSY is one of the best I've seen in a while. It's a shame not that many people watch it.

Anyway, I just joined here and I was quite happy to see an anime section. =P And might I ask, what's up with the Tako Luka in the OP? xD
Original post by Fizzay
I love you. <3 SSY is one of the best I've seen in a while. It's a shame not that many people watch it.

Anyway, I just joined here and I was quite happy to see an anime section. =P And might I ask, what's up with the Tako Luka in the OP? xD

I'm also watching Shin Sekai Yori. :yes: It took a while to build up, but right now I'd agree it's one of the best series airing.

As for the OP... Most people are more shocked by Hard Mellow. :p:
Reply 4309
Original post by Fizzay

Anyway, I just joined here and I was quite happy to see an anime section.

SSY is so good! Glad to find someone else watching it :smile: Just don't want it to end soon though :frown:. But you're right more people need to watch it! Even if I miss Mamoru so much :frown:

Also hey! Welcome to the anime section:tongue:
Original post by Fizzay

SSY is a solid series, I think people tend to not like it because of the intense world building it does. It's more driven by the world and plot rather than the characters imo. It's also one of those shows that could make a great book.
Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
Just found season 2, on episode 2 now, and on episode 10 on stiens gate, I was up literally for 2 nights in a row playing fate/stay night VN, if you have not already checked it out, I suggest you DO! :smile:.

Steins;Gate is AMAZING! <3
Original post by HayleyChuu
Steins;Gate is AMAZING! <3

Finsihed stiens;gate that same night heheh, also on episode 16 of fate0 lol.
Reply 4313
Being lancer is suffering.

That is all.
nice end to the latest Sakurasou ep :h: but

Spoiler

Original post by eugenius 8
nice end to the latest Sakurasou ep :h: but

May watch this :smile: any thoughts on whether I should?
Original post by nixonsjellybeans

I wouldn't, i watched till like ep 18 and thought wtf have i been watching there girl is not lively at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4317

You should.

It starts as a pretty generic love triangle but quickly goes into much more personal conflicts like growing up and talent v hard work.
Original post by CosmicVengeance
I wouldn't, i watched till like ep 18 and thought wtf have i been watching there girl is not lively at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm it a tad slow paced?

Original post by Carecup
You should.

It starts as a pretty generic love triangle but quickly goes into much more personal conflicts like growing up and talent v hard work.

Conflicting argument eh? :biggrin: Sounds like something i'd watch to be fair so may trial it with the first 5 episodes or so :smile:

yes you should, its pretty good :smile:

Latest