The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Starting very early on this thread so we can start preparing and discussing. Anyone doing this paper in Summer post on here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing this exam :smile:
im doing plate tectonics, weather and associated hazards, world cities, and development and globalisation
glad to have found a thread on it :smile: no one on here seems to do geography haha
which units are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by racheyroo
im doing plate tectonics, weather and associated hazards, world cities, and development and globalisation
glad to have found a thread on it :smile: no one on here seems to do geography haha

Hey!
I do plate tectonics, world cities and conflicts but I have studied weather too..hated weather so much!
I know, I've noticed alot of people doing other exam boards like edexcel and Ocr so thought I'd create a thread for this year's AQA exam :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by racheyroo

IM DOING THE SAME TOPICS!!!!!! sorry i got excited for a minute for no reason :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by V95
IM DOING THE SAME TOPICS!!!!!! sorry i got excited for a minute for no reason :colondollar:

God knows how you're doing weather! It's so hard..nothing went in when I was learning it!
Reply 5
Original post by popnit
Hey!
I do plate tectonics, world cities and conflicts but I have studied weather too..hated weather so much!
I know, I've noticed alot of people doing other exam boards like edexcel and Ocr so thought I'd create a thread for this year's AQA exam :smile:

yeah im not liking weather, were about half way through it but its so dull
yeah :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by popnit
God knows how you're doing weather! It's so hard..nothing went in when I was learning it!

well tbh i might not go to the lessons now - (they're currently learning weather). my teacher said i can just focus on three topics (tectonics, world cities and development and globalisation) so i'm probably gonna do that!

i really hate weather. all of the warm front, cold front and occluded front nonsense really mindf***s me haha
Reply 7
Original post by V95
well tbh i might not go to the lessons now - (they're currently learning weather). my teacher said i can just focus on three topics (tectonics, world cities and development and globalisation) so i'm probably gonna do that!

i really hate weather. all of the warm front, cold front and occluded front nonsense really mindf***s me haha

Yeah good move..probably the only time it's acceptable to not turn up to lesson :P But they're right, you only need 3 not 4 so just sod weather. Yeah I know!!! It's so boring yet difficult. Have you started revising for June?
Reply 8
Original post by popnit
Yeah good move..probably the only time it's acceptable to not turn up to lesson :P But they're right, you only need 3 not 4 so just sod weather. Yeah I know!!! It's so boring yet difficult. Have you started revising for June?

yeahhh exactly! i had to learn all of it for unit 4 though because apparently they can ask about them in the skills part as 'synoptic maps' are in the syllabus! oh how did you do in unit 4? :smile:

i've just started making model answers for plate tectonics past paper short answer questions! i'm not looking forward to learning the case studies :frown: i haven't done much revision overall though, wbu?
Reply 9
Original post by V95
yeahhh exactly! i had to learn all of it for unit 4 though because apparently they can ask about them in the skills part as 'synoptic maps' are in the syllabus! oh how did you do in unit 4? :smile:

i've just started making model answers for plate tectonics past paper short answer questions! i'm not looking forward to learning the case studies :frown: i haven't done much revision overall though, wbu?

I'm a retake student so I did unit 4 last year, got a high B so I've just left it..cba with it again lol!
Oh okay that's good atleast you've started. I'm just refreshing plate tectonics atm. Gonna start on the case studies soon. There's sooo many!!
Reply 10
Original post by popnit
I'm a retake student so I did unit 4 last year, got a high B so I've just left it..cba with it again lol!
Oh okay that's good atleast you've started. I'm just refreshing plate tectonics atm. Gonna start on the case studies soon. There's sooo many!!

oh ok, are you going for an A overall? the case studies are the worst, we have like a list of 20 for each of the topics :frown:(
Reply 11
Original post by V95
oh ok, are you going for an A overall? the case studies are the worst, we have like a list of 20 for each of the topics :frown:(

Hoping so, I got a B. If I don't get an A it won't be the end of the world. What did you get in unit 4? I know! It's mad. World cities is the worst..there's loads in that but I enjoy that topic the most.
Reply 12
Original post by popnit
Hoping so, I got a B. If I don't get an A it won't be the end of the world. What did you get in unit 4? I know! It's mad. World cities is the worst..there's loads in that but I enjoy that topic the most.

i'm sure you'll get an A :smile: i got 74/80 so i just scrapped an A* (72)! tbh i didn't mind word cities as i found a lot of it to be common sense! i really like globalisation though, i hope we get a 40 marker on trade blocs - i'll be over the moon!!!
Reply 13
Original post by V95
i'm sure you'll get an A :smile: i got 74/80 so i just scrapped an A* (72)! tbh i didn't mind word cities as i found a lot of it to be common sense! i really like globalisation though, i hope we get a 40 marker on trade blocs - i'll be over the moon!!!

Thanks, well done!! Yeahh I know what you mean. I didn't do development, I did conflicts which was interesting but really detailed with dates and names of leaders etc hah!
hey thought I might join this thread - is it to share revision tips and stuff? :smile:
Original post by V95

we only have like 6 for each topic?!?!?!
Reply 16
Original post by Daniel George
hey thought I might join this thread - is it to share revision tips and stuff? :smile:

Yeah we can do that's a great idea! How's prep going for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by popnit
Yeah we can do that's a great idea! How's prep going for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sounds great yes :biggrin:! would be good! its okay, at the moment I am just note taking and getting prep - I've started making revision posters for tectonics and have gone over a couple of questions trying to find the best way to tackle 40 markers :smile: so structure etc...How about yourself? :redface:
Reply 18
has anyone started revising? how much are you doing each day and how are you revising?

can you please give me some tips on how to revise? i forgotten how i did from AS!! :frown:
Reply 19
Okay thats good. Yeah same really..taking notes on tectonics..gonna move on to world cities once I've done. The 40 markers are the worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending