The Student Room Group

Girl invited me to stay with her on holiday... Should I go?

Recently started seeing this girl i've known for years and we've been seeing eachother when we can as i'm at uni still and she works.

We haven't really spoke about relationship talk as we seem to just enjoy eachothers company, we do fancy eachother though.

Tonight she asked if i want to stay at her dad's place abroad with her... Does this mean she's very interested or can she still see us as being casual?

Also is there a way of getting it out of her what she thinks we are? bit of fun or something else?

any help would be great!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
who else is going on this holiday?
Reply 2
Free holiday.. Why not?
Reply 3
well she said she has friends staying earlier in easter and then asked if i wanna stay after. It's not technically free as I have to pay for flights lol
Reply 4
free accommodation though hey? i say go for it, what's the worst that can happen?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
well she said she has friends staying earlier in easter and then asked if i wanna stay after. It's not technically free as I have to pay for flights lol

So it'd be just you and her? That could be just for a bit of fun, you'll have to go and find oot
I'm going to say what everyone else is thinking...

... Get in there my son.
Go. Bro.
Reply 8
Sounds like you need not put any effort into it at all, she is setting it all up for you two.. Go with her and enjoy whatever happens :wink:
Just ask her?
Reply 10
Sounds like she's setting things up :smile: Go for it!
Take your wellies 'cause you're gonna be knee deep...
Reply 12
What's not to like about this proposition ..
Reply 13
Where you going?
Things like this usually start out as a bit of fun. However, if you play your cards right, then it could turn into something more serious, like a relationship. The key is to not overcomplicate things and go with the flow for now. She wouldn't invite you if she's not interested. But perhaps she herself isn't yet sure where things are at between you two. The holiday might be a great chance to find out. I would suggest accepting the invitation, because I can't see a girl asking someone to spend a holiday with her unless she really likes him and enjoys his company. I wouldn't ask her yet how to define your "relationship". If things click on the holiday and you two have a good time, then it may be right to pose the question about becoming exclusive. At the early stages, its nice just to enjoy each other's company. Once things get a bit more serious, then you can start defining your relationship. Be careful though that you don't send her mixed signals - just continue the way you've been doing till date.
Reply 15
Hi... Go for it....
Reply 16
Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
Just ask her?

We all know girls aren't this simple.
Reply 17
Don't start ruining things by asking why she's inviting you... Go, get drunk, then ask why she invited you.
Reply 18
Original post by skumgummi
We all know girls aren't this simple.

Some of us are :tongue: I'd appreciate a guy asking me and get it sorted rather than him wondering.
If you want to be in a relationship with her rather than just casual, ask her - not in an intimidating "be my girlfriend!!" way but more like, do you want to make this exclusive. Personally I wouldn't ask someone to join me on holiday if I didn't want to be exclusive so your chances are good :smile:
Question is.......what do you want out of the relationship?

Is this question a way of asking if she is serious or not? Are you afraid of rejection - that she sees you as casual and not serious?

Or are you worried she may get the wrong impression, when you want nothing more than a friendship with the bonus of jiggy jiggy?

Quick Reply

Latest