The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I used to work in McDonalds.

With that experience, I am fully on side of the intervener. When you are an employee, you really can't do anything. If the person lodges a complaint against you, you're awful job could get a whole lot worse (or non-existent). Hell, after working there a while, you might just get broken into taking the idiocy anyway.

Anyone who reads Not Always Right will have come across numerous accounts of a shop assistant thanking an intervening customer, who says things to a problematic customer that they're not able to.
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
:facepalm:

The crime is not "being drunk", it's "being drunk and disorderly".

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/80/section/91

Oh my word - so when you said the guy was acting in self defence earlier you literally meant defending himself from the crime of being drunk and disorderly?

Haha, how can you think there is a defence of using reasonable force in self defence against a mere crime of drunk and disorderly? It doesn't even follow; that because someone is acting like a drunken moron I have the right to defend myself without there being any kind of threat or violence to defend against?! That's a ridiculous argument both from a logical and legal point of view.

Moreover, since you clearly thought youself so smart by directing me to the CJA, would you care to point out where in the statutory provisions of that offence I might find this right to self defence by use of force? LOL.
I don't think either of the involved parties are represent appropriate behaviour. If the employees had enough of a problem with them, they perhaps should have asked the girls to leave, and, failing that, called the police. As it was, the situation simply escalated and nothing was achieved.
They can do what they want tbh. Not acceptable but the guy doesn't have the right to do that to them. Although I couldn't care, drunk girls like that piss me off tbh. I know I'm disorderly when I'm drunk but I don't go that far. No consideration for other people whatsoever.
Original post by So Instinct
So to conclude, a bunch of annoying bitches and the guy who touched them.

Bet the guy just wanted a feel tbh. :sexface:
Original post by Kenocide
:eek:

Spoiler

OMD :mad2:

Spoiler

Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Good good :biggrin: It's so hard to interpret tone from the internet. :rolleyes:

:fan: Tell me about it
Original post by BambieWambie
You're such a slut!!

:facepalm:

Spoiler

Reply 108
While I have no problem with the guy pointing out that the girls there were nasty pigs, he was obviously overstepping his boundaries. This is especially since it doesn't seem that he works with or is affiliated with McDonalds. Whether or not the girls were disorderly, surely he should have NEVER held or touched any of them, particularly pulling the girl off the table onto the floor. This IS the definition of situation that could get out of hand, although thankfully it did not. If he was disgusted at the behaviour, he should have called the cops rather than trying to do it himself.
Reply 109
Original post by dgeorge
While I have no problem with the guy pointing out that the girls there were nasty pigs, he was obviously overstepping his boundaries. This is especially since it doesn't seem that he works with or is affiliated with McDonalds. Whether or not the girls were disorderly, surely he should have NEVER held or touched any of them, particularly pulling the girl off the table onto the floor. This IS the definition of situation that could get out of hand, although thankfully it did not. If he was disgusted at the behaviour, he should have called the cops rather than trying to do it himself.

Maybe he was taught not to run to mommy as a kid, but solve problems on his own. You know, like most people.
Reply 110
Original post by ESPORTIVA

I agree, most men are scared to stand up to women.
Reply 111
Original post by danny111
Maybe he was taught not to run to mommy as a kid, but solve problems on his own. You know, like most people.

Yeah but there's this cool thing called the law, which dictates the ways in which you can and cannot solve problems. So whether or not you want to "solve a problem" you can be charged with assault if you choose to do stupid stuff like pulling people off a counter onto the floor, WHETHER THEY DESERVE IT OR NOT.

What he did, whether or not he was "morally" correct, was quite ILLEGAL and he could end up in PRISON for doing so.

Seriously, are you 12?
I'm not sure what their sexual habits has to do with them acting like idiots. I resent calling any girl a slut. Kick them out by all means though.
Reply 113
Original post by dgeorge
Yeah but there's this cool thing called the law, which dictates the ways in which you can and cannot solve problems. So whether or not you want to "solve a problem" you can be charged with assault if you choose to do stupid stuff like pulling people off a counter onto the floor, WHETHER THEY DESERVE IT OR NOT.

What he did, whether or not he was "morally" correct, was quite ILLEGAL and he could end up in PRISON for doing so.

Seriously, are you 12?

Chill out, dawg.

And I'm 13 :h:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by dgeorge

Seriously, are you 12?

She could of fallen head first, past the counter, and onto the floor, hitting her head and causing permanent brain damage. She was going that way.

So, he pretty much saved her from that.

Not that it would of made much difference to be fair.
Original post by ESPORTIVA

More men who man handle girls who in eyes are "kids"? They are acting like idiotic, very drunk young people, I don't see how anything they've done is slutty. This guy is an complete moron and has no right to get involved, if the staff have a problem with the girls they can ask them to leave, if they refuse then call the police, it's nothing to do with him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by danny111
Chill out, dawg.

And I'm 13 :h:

My Bad. :wink:

I'm chilled now

:smile:
Reply 117
Original post by Kage
She could of fallen head first, past the counter, and onto the floor, hitting her head and causing permanent brain damage. She was going that way.

Not that it would of made much difference to be fair.

Sorry, but that it is a pathetic reason to have done what she did.

He physically pulled her off of the counter - suppose she had lost her balance THEN and hit her head on the floor?

My point was simply, don't try to take matters into your own hands. From a personal account, sometimes stepping in only makes a situation worse. If he felt that she was a nuisance, I'm sure that he could have either called the police, or look for an officer. There were better ways to deal with this, but this guy did not take that option
Reply 118
Original post by dgeorge
Sorry, but that it is a pathetic reason to have done what she did.

He physically pulled her off of the counter - suppose she had lost her balance THEN and hit her head on the floor?

My point was simply, don't try to take matters into your own hands. From a personal account, sometimes stepping in only makes a situation worse. If he felt that she was a nuisance, I'm sure that he could have either called the police, or look for an officer. There were better ways to deal with this, but this guy did not take that option

Her fault for being so drunk that she can't stand on her own two feet.

She wasn't causing enough harm to call the police, as they wouldn't do a thing!

I don't agree with his actions, and wouldn't do the same myself, but she could have fallen head first at that point, and him dragging her off saved her :tongue: Or could have done. Another 10 seconds, and who knows.

Perhaps, he could see her going too. You can't really see from the camera.

If I see someone on a railing or something, leaning over it with her legs up in the air, I won't try and pull her down. Thats just stupid.
Reply 119
Original post by dgeorge
My Bad. :wink:

I'm chilled now

:smile:

Life's much better chilled, isn't it.

And I actually agree with you, my point was just that many people already disliked tattle tales as kids and I think it isn't surprising this carried over to adult life. Plus, calling the police over something like this seems petty.

Latest

Trending

Trending