The Student Room Group

Plan B

Well, my question is if you could go from one sector of employment to the other which one would you switch to?

Suppose your given the choice to go back in time and change the sector of employment you made for your career, which one would you switch to?

I am currently in Finance and Accountancy and if I could go back I would choose Dentistry.

What about you?
Original post by Enoxial
Well, my question is if you could go from one sector of employment to the other which one would you switch to?

Suppose your given the choice to go back in time and change the sector of employment you made for your career, which one would you switch to?

I am currently in Finance and Accountancy and if I could go back I would choose Dentistry.

What about you?

I'm in finance and I guess I would have liked teaching Maths, Economics or Physics. Shame the potential earnings are in completely different leagues.
Reply 2
Original post by Tokyoround
I'm in finance and I guess I would have liked teaching Maths, Economics or Physics. Shame the potential earnings are in completely different leagues.

Can I know the reason for that if you don't mind?
Original post by Enoxial
Can I know the reason for that if you don't mind?

I think I would have quite enjoyed teaching, passing on my knowledge and all that good stuff but, greed/prestige got the better of me. Teachers are never going to earn as much you can in finance, even a senior head of a successful private school won't be on as much as a senior big 4 partner, or MD in a bank.
Reply 4
I think I would have quite enjoyed teaching, passing on my knowledge and all that good stuff but, greed/prestige got the better of me. Teachers are never going to earn as much you can in finance, even a senior head of a successful private school won't be on as much as a senior big 4 partner, or MD in a bank.

Why not give tuitions in part time or at weekends?
I was thinking of giving tuitions when I have free time i.e in weekends.
(Yeah I like teaching too :biggrin:)

Same here. I'd have liked teaching maths for a living, but the money and development just isn't good enough. It seems to be something you do once money is no concern.

If I win the lottery, I'll become a teacher.
Reply 6
Original post by Enoxial
Why not give tuitions in part time or at weekends?
I was thinking of giving tuitions when I have free time i.e in weekends.
(Yeah I like teaching too :biggrin:)

Free time? :teehee:

Are you sure you're in finance? lol
Reply 7
Original post by M1011
Free time? :teehee:

Are you sure you're in finance? lol

I meant when I do get a job :P
Probably from July :rolleyes:
I think a desire to teach is actually a common theme amongst finance professionals. A lot of the BPP/Kaplan etc. tutors are ex-accountants. I know of people who have left us after qualifying to do the same. Even my language tutor is an ex big 4 accountant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending