The Student Room Group

Gap year-haven't heard from 2 med uni's yet

Been browsing this site for a while.
currently on a gap year and applied to medicine.

2 preinterview rejection
1 interview
1 still waiting-process nearly over so :s-smilie:

quite annoyed because its my second time applying and I thought my application was strong. Ukcat was poor though. I already have my AAA.

if I don't get in again this year, don't know what to do. I had a good PS, I'm a carer at a care home and volunteer and got more work experience
my parents want me out. I'm 19.
Dont wanna do another course and apply as a grad-competitive
don't wanna go abroad because its hard for int'l doctors to get training post here plus I like the teaching here

Everyone I know has an offer already whether they're in school or gap year.
My extended family and teachers from my old school and from work all want to know which uni I'm going to.....awkward.

Could I call up med schools on results day if they have a place?
it will be so oversubscribed and some have waiting list but no harm in trying.
Reply 1
Yes, I would definitely call up your med schools on results day.I know one person who got in last year. She called up Southampton and they gave her an offer. I doubt its the same at other unis but its worth a shot.

I tried last year (I am also a gap year medic), but didn't get a place.
Good luck with your med school application. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by manu01
Yes, I would definitely call up your med schools on results day.I know one person who got in last year. She called up Southampton and they gave her an offer. I doubt its the same at other unis but its worth a shot.

I tried last year (I am also a gap year medic), but didn't get a place.
Good luck with your med school application. :biggrin:

Thanks
Was the girl put on a waiting list prior to being offered a place or a pre interview rejection? Did she even apply to Southampton :tongue:
Reply 3
Anymore replies?
Reply 4
Original post by WaltersC
Thanks
Was the girl put on a waiting list prior to being offered a place or a pre interview rejection? Did she even apply to Southampton :tongue:

She applied to Southampton but I am not sure whether or not she was put on a waiting list. I think you might as well give the unis a call.
Also don't give up, who are you waiting for? (if you don't mind me asking)
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending