The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180

Hey where did you find this? I cant find it on the AQA website!
Original post by erniiee
Hey where did you find this? I cant find it on the AQA website!

I found the 2011 paper and just changed the 11 in the URL to 12 and it worked :L
Reply 182
Original post by Beth_L_G
I found the 2011 paper and just changed the 11 in the URL to 12 and it worked :L

haha brilliant thanks!
Reply 183
Original post by liquid394
Depends what it is on

It's to do with Photosynthesis.
Reply 184
Hey everyone! Just wondering which of these formulas for Standard deviation is correct?

SD.gif

standard_deviation_formulae.png

The first one for the second image? :s
Reply 185
Hey guys, has anyone done the aqa bio ISA where you have to count the number of stomata? what did your table look like? i'm really confused :s-smilie:
Reply 186

you are a genius, thank you! :smile:
Can anyone tell me the price per unit for

A. Resits
B. remark
C. Getting script back

A. Resits
B. remark
C. Getting script back

It varies from different schools (I think). Because some schools cover some of the costs, hence they show a lower price than other schools :/

How did Unit 4 go for you?

I need my script for unit 1, can't believe what happened there :/
Original post by James A
It varies from different schools (I think). Because some schools cover some of the costs, hence they show a lower price than other schools :/

How did Unit 4 go for you?

I need my script for unit 1, can't believe what happened there :/

Got a C in unit 4 so I want it remarked

A. Resits
B. remark
C. Getting script back

For A the entry fees (£12.90) are detailed here but your exam centre can charge whatever they like.
http://web.aqa.org.uk/exams-office/entries/entry-fees.php?id=01
B&C here
http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-POST-RESULTS-FEES.PDF
Original post by gdunne42
For A the entry fees (£12.90) are detailed here but your exam centre can charge whatever they like.
http://web.aqa.org.uk/exams-office/entries/entry-fees.php?id=01
B&C here
http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-POST-RESULTS-FEES.PDF

Thanks. I know my school charges 23 for resits though! I feel ripped off :tongue:
Reply 192
Original post by JoshL123
Hey everyone! Just wondering which of these formulas for Standard deviation is correct?

SD.gif

The first image I think :smile:
Original post by JoshL123

SD.gif

You use the first one if you're looking at a sample and you use the second one if you're looking at the whole population.

In exams, it's almost certain it's going to be the first one. :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by Meedo The Trusty 1
You use the first one if you're looking at a sample and you use the second one if you're looking at the whole population.

In exams, it's almost certain it's going to be the first one. :smile:

Original post by Gcayte
The first image I think :smile:

Thank you!
DNA technology is such a long topic.... interesting nonetheless
Reply 196
Original post by frogs r everywhere
DNA technology is such a long topic.... interesting nonetheless

I know, I'm enjoying it but finding it quite difficult, it's a big step up from AS Level! :redface:
any tips on the empa? Thanks :flower2:
Reply 198
hi guys i need some honest advice has to how likely (and how hard) it's going to be for me to get an A in biology?
My scores for far AS biol1: 84 (a), biol2: 114(a) biol3x: 46(b) A2 biol4: 72 (B)

i need an A for medicine and was predicted an A*- is is going to be impossible for me to get an A*? also seen as i'm literally on the A boundary for AS does this mean its going to be really hard to get an A??

SO SO worried that im not going to get my A :frown: :frown:
Original post by emah123
hi guys i need some honest advice has to how likely (and how hard) it's going to be for me to get an A in biology?
My scores for far AS biol1: 84 (a), biol2: 114(a) biol3x: 46(b) A2 biol4: 72 (B)

i need an A for medicine and was predicted an A*- is is going to be impossible for me to get an A*? also seen as i'm literally on the A boundary for AS does this mean its going to be really hard to get an A??

SO SO worried that im not going to get my A :frown: :frown:

Well you need 164/200 to get an A.. which is approx 82% in your case. If I were you i would retake BIOl4. Keep calm, and you can do it! (I'm a medic applicant too and feel your pain)
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending