The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes!! I think I've been listening to K-Pop since about 2009. My favourite band are SHINee (I am obsessed!), and I've liked B.A.P since their debut, they were amazing for rookies :redface:
I'm mostly into the boy groups like Bigbang, Super Junior, CNBlue, TVXQ, MBLAQ, B1A4, NU'EST... I also don't mind Infinite, B2ST and U-Kiss, although I've only heard a few songs, however I like what I have heard from them!
I also like 2NE1, as well as SNSD, Dal Shabet and recently Lee Hi (I like her new song 'It's Over', I wasn't much for '1,2,3,4'). I really like Hip-Hop too, Dynamic Duo, Leessang and Epik High are my favourites.

I also love Korean drama's too! My favourites would probably be Secret Garden, Big, Rooftop Prince, Lie To Me, Coffee Prince, Goong, Boys Over Flowers, Heartstrings, My girlfriend is a Gumiho, You're Beautiful and To The Beautiful You. That seem's like quite a lot, but I've seen quite a lot of drama's! I'm currently watching Innocent Man (Nice Guy).

Do you watch any variety shows or anything like that? I love Running Man if you know that, I watch it every week, and Family Outing (season 1) was really good!
Reply 2
Oh wow. You listen to a lot of Kpop! Running Man. I know its really popular but I'm just not into variety shows. I watched the Idol episode though. (I truly support Monday couple though**) :smile:
And omg, you have watched sooo many dramas! But I tell you, Nice Guy is amazing! Have you watched Soong Joong Ki's 'The Werewolf boy' movie? I loved it although it was a sad movie.
Reply 3
Oh wow. You listen to a lot of Kpop! Running Man. I know its really popular but I'm just not into variety shows. I watched the Idol episode though. (I truly support Monday couple though**) :smile:
And omg, you have watched sooo many dramas! But I tell you, Nice Guy is amazing! Have you watched Soong Joong Ki's 'The Werewolf boy' movie? I loved it although it was a sad movie.
Reply 4
Original post by walkers38

I haven't seen that film (I've only seen a few Korean movies) but I'll maybe try and watch it sometime. I only knew about nice guy because of Joong Ki and Kwang Soo (due to being a fan of Running Man). I'm enjoying it so far, it's very different to the other drama's I've seen!
Yeah I do! Has anyone here watched 'to the beautiful you'? It's awesome! :biggrin:
KPop is awesome. But you guys should listen to C-Pop as well. Mainly taiwan singers/groups.
Reply 7
Original post by celina10
Yeah I do! Has anyone here watched 'to the beautiful you'? It's awesome! :biggrin:

I loved that drama! MinSul shipper here :smile: And the OSTs are great too especially the one by Taemin and the other one Stand Up - J-min.
I'm reading this while wearing a BIGBANG t-shirt, haha. I saw them live in December - INCREDIBLE. <3

I've been listening to Korean pop for around 5 years. I like boy groups mainly - B2ST, BIGBANG, Boyfriend, D-NA, DBSK, JYJ, LED Apple, MBLAQ, SHINee, SuJu, TEEN TOP, etc. I've only seen a couple of the dramas (namely Boys Over Flowers and You're Beautiful). I much prefer their horror/thriller films - e.g. The Doll Master, Death Bell, I'm A Cyborg (But That's Ok), Old Boy, Thirst, etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Arirang
I listen to a load of different bands and tbh for years now I've almost listened to Kpop exclusively - I don't know who a lot of people in UK charts are anymore. I like B.A.P, all of BB's solo stuff, After School, SHINee, SNSD and T-Ara. ~

Yeh same, been listening to KPOP since 2005 ish, then got got into cpop in around 2008/9. I can't name a single english song released in the past 3 years. (apart from the really famous ones that everyone tells you about)

btw there is a thread here guys- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1090396&page=94&p=41746416#post41746416
I was wondering if any TSRers listen to Kpop or watch Kdramas. I super love them. 2NE1, Bigbang, B.A.P and so on :smile::cool: Share your story of Kpop and how you started listening to it. What groups do you listen to, etc.

i started listening to k-pop almost two years ago, and then i think one of my favourite groups was Super Junior, although i love it and think it's great i just can't get myself into it that much, for me an important part of music is also knowing the words especially when i want to sing along, so i eventually stopped listening as i couldn't get into it much. but i started watching a few k-dramas recently and i love them! they've mostly been the romance ones though (Heartstrings, Playful Kiss and Dream High are the ones i've seen so far!) :biggrin:
I loved that drama! MinSul shipper here :smile: And the OSTs are great too especially the one by Taemin and the other one Stand Up - J-min.

Yeah me too, although my sister preferred the pairing with Eun Gyeol (,I think I spelled it right). And also Closer and the one by Onew was pretty good too. I really miss it, I watched in under a week, I'm so impatient. :P I wish I watched it slowly.
Reply 12
I generally keep it under my hat but I am a massive Girl Generation fan :wink:
Can someone give an answer why kpop is so addictive and engrossing? One group leads to another and before you realise, you can name all the people in a certain group, even if they are in a nine. :u:

Favourite groups: BAP, Big Bang, MBLAQ, 2NE1, Kara, Ailee and more...
Other music I like which I classify as Korean but non-kpop: Verbal Jint, MFBTY, BuskerBusker

Original post by CharliiW
X
Do you watch any variety shows or anything like that? I love Running Man if you know that, I watch it every week, and Family Outing (season 1) was really good!

Running Man is awesome, it's probably my favourite television show across any language. I don't watch it religiously but it's just about the only show I can guarantee to make me laugh out loud.
Reply 14
I LOVE KPOP (although I've only been listening to it since August last year)

The groups I like are: SHINee (I am obsessed with them), EXO, Bigbang, SNSD, B.A.P, f(x) and FT Island.

I have seen To The Beautiful You and Boys Over Flowers and I am currently watching Playful Kiss.
I'm a proud VIP and BlackJack ^^

Looking forward to 2ne1's comeback and the new BIGBANG subunit xD
Original post by thewayoftheninja
I'm a proud VIP and BlackJack ^^

Looking forward to 2ne1's comeback and the new BIGBANG subunit xD

Big Bang have a subunit coming out? :eek:
Original post by Oxy-moron Prodigy
Big Bang have a subunit coming out? :eek:

Apparently there will be one :ahee: ...after CL/2ne1 ~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by celina10

xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
xx
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest