The Student Room Group

Got 9 A levels Exams in summer?? possible to gain A's in everything

Basically I got like 5 AS exams and 4 A2 Exams. I got 5 Maths, 3 Chemistry and 1 Business Studies. Is it realistically possible to gain A in every single one. If yes how much revision do I have to do every day??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
9 is nothing lol I have 14...
Original post by lolables

Tell me about it 13!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
dont know how you guys are copping.cause im so stressed out
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Tell me about it 13!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's very possible. The amount of revision per day depends on a lot of factors - how much you've done already, how good your memory is etc. However, I would estimate five hours per day, not including breaks, is decent. Everyone has their own limit. Don't try to do eight hours a day because you'll burn out (or I would, anyway). You may be able to do more, but don't plan for it.

I would calculate how much time five hours a day gives you, and plan your revision accordingly. Having done Maths and Chemistry (not business studies, sorry), my general advice would be;

- Maths: Practice is everything. Spend hardly any time on theory and learn as you go along. Do every question in the book, using the examples, or every other question if you have time.
- Chemistry: The opposite. Do some past papers, but spend time making colourful notes and diagrams, and try to understand exactly what is going on. Practice the calculations questions like you would maths, though. The key with chemistry is attention to detail - just before the exam, make data sheets, suuch as a map of the organic reactions, and memorise the entire thing.

- On a slightly more general note, take frequent breaks and drink plenty of water. Water makes an amazing difference.
- Don't rush, as you won't learn. It's better to learn most of it well and rush the rest than to not learn anything properly.
- Finally, don't panic if you miss a day, or a few hours. You'll naturally have good and bad days, and you'll make it up somewhere.

This may all be stuff you know already, but it worked for me, so hopefully it's of some use. Good luck with it :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
SAAME iv got 9 too.i have got 6 AS exams and 3 A2 (2 of those are resits cos i messed up like a right old DOOFUS during January exams)!!
My first exam is on the 22nd of May (psych1 resit) and my last one is june 17th(psych 4).So when and how should i start revising???
Considering im in A2 and STILL have nnot discovered a legit enough revision technique yet is pretty shameful!

W0T 1Z M4 LYF3.
Reply 6
Original post by dhoni123
Basically I got like 5 AS exams and 4 A2 Exams. I got 5 Maths, 3 Chemistry and 1 Business Studies. Is it realistically possible to gain A in every single one. If yes how much revision do I have to do every day??

i am doing 4 chem,
3bio
3business

I have started revising chemistry : mainly the mathy equations, and calculations, methods stuff that i cant forget in 3 months time like redox, once i have learned them.

Bio: I have decided to read,look over and focus on topics that i am struggling with and require high understanding.And make big summaries and note.

Business: I have realized it's mainly English based and good use of terms and being able to argue,analyse and evaluate work.8/10 english students in our business class got A in last module as they were able to use application, anaylsis, effect and evaluation.

I plan on getting A in most, we can do it lool
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Tell me about it 13!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lolables

I am just curious... but how on earth have you got this many exams? !! :eek:
Original post by dhoni123
dont know how you guys are copping.cause im so stressed out

Go on get revising.com and make a revision timetable

Also depends on the type of exam you have
I have mainly maths exams which is more practice so maybe at least 2 of exam a week so once you learn the method you can do most questions

Chemistry and Biology at the moment its all content content exam practice should be closer exam period so if your doing by topic do all the exam questions on it.

Psychology - Im getting all my essays written now to memorise later on .

Revision Tips

Have aims for each revision session with time limits
Always go over what you learnt before in terms of notes even if you just read it.
Go to bed on time
Always try and get someone else to mark your exam paper- like a friend doing the same subject. Whether you think you're a harsh marker is irrelevant its good to see how other people write their answers and exam technique is soooo essential!!!
Original post by thegreenchildren
I am just curious... but how on earth have you got this many exams? !! :eek:

Retakes and I picked up an extra As at A2 (only accounts for one exam)
Original post by Rumaanaa
SAAME iv got 9 too.i have got 6 AS exams and 3 A2 (2 of those are resits cos i messed up like a right old DOOFUS during January exams)!!
My first exam is on the 22nd of May (psych1 resit) and my last one is june 17th(psych 4).So when and how should i start revising???
Considering im in A2 and STILL have nnot discovered a legit enough revision technique yet is pretty shameful!

W0T 1Z M4 LYF3.

weird how our exams start and end on the same day loool! i also am retaking psych 1 in june and also do A2 psych, the june 2 hour exam is on my 18thhhh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
its reaaaally possible to get all A in the maths ones, thats for sure. just go on examsolutions.
im resitting EVRY single one of my psych exams mann!properr sucksss..what did u get in psych3 bdw?we had a bloody rogue marker,people who were predicted a*s and as got bloody D's.i was one of them!
our papershave been sent off for a re-mark tho so hopefully i get the A/B that i worked my butt off for :tongue: aha look on the bright side,its a morning exam so youl have the rest of the day to celebrate AND theirl be no exams for you after that day!!id be buzzin me!!

:bl::bl:

its on the g543 exam which is the 10th june not 17th :frown: ooh that sucks. AS psych was SOOOOO much easier ! hopefully you get it girl! btw what is the best way to revise for this unit3 exam? any tips/tricks would be immensely appreciated. im predicted an A and need to work really hard for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Secretnerd123

g453,what kind of examine board is that ?Im on aqa A,not that hard bt unit 3 just had toooTOOO much content.i revised consistantly and thoroughy with 1 day breaks by typing up my 13 essays, cutting them up so it was like a mini booklet ,highlighting key pararaphs,re-hearsing them with my friends,I alos recorded my essays on my phone LOOL the latter techniqure ddnt work for me at all tho ,i jsut cringed to the sound of my voice.but thats jst me :P might work for you?whats your revision technique like?

i still dont think iv found one that defo works for me!
Reply 15
Lol I had nine in jan. five A2 and four AS. Chem bio maths econ. I started revising in December and I got full marks or close in them all lol. Just chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
g453,what kind of examine board is that ?Im on aqa A,not that hard bt unit 3 just had toooTOOO much content.i revised consistantly and thoroughy with 1 day breaks by typing up my 13 essays, cutting them up so it was like a mini booklet ,highlighting key pararaphs,re-hearsing them with my friends,I alos recorded my essays on my phone LOOL the latter techniqure ddnt work for me at all tho ,i jsut cringed to the sound of my voice.but thats jst me :P might work for you?whats your revision technique like?

i still dont think iv found one that defo works for me!

ohh im ocr ! :tongue: and im currently just bullet pointing my revision in my book then evaluating them using sticky notes. i just CANNOT WAIT to finish!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by tsr1994
Lol I had nine in jan. five A2 and four AS. Chem bio maths econ. I started revising in December and I got full marks or close in them all lol. Just chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:O?well done you.(!)
Reply 18
Work Hard my friend

You get the results you want only if you put in the effort !
Reply 19
It can be done if you revise equally for all of them, and do lots of practice papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending