The Student Room Group

How many exams is too many for June?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hormonal
Yeah IKR! I do really really well on mock tests and the such, then in the real exam I end up with a B or scrape an A.

It really depends what I end up with. I'm holding an AAB offer at the moment, but if I achieve AAA, then I'll take a gap year and reapply. How about you?

I had BBB at the end of last year, It was a resit in January that bumped me from a low B to a very high A in chemistry. Since I think I wanted to read Law (preferably at Manchester or Bristol) I decided not to apply, since I didn't really think I could offer a competitive application for such a popular course, I took a gap year. I'm feeling much better this year, and my teachers are confident of me reaching AAA so I'm putting in for three resists. Thankfully they're all spread out, with at least four days between each. What course and where are you thinking of studying?
Reply 21
I've got 12, no resists -_-
Original post by H0ls
I had BBB at the end of last year, It was a resit in January that bumped me from a low B to a very high A in chemistry. Since I think I wanted to read Law (preferably at Manchester or Bristol) I decided not to apply, since I didn't really think I could offer a competitive application for such a popular course, I took a gap year. I'm feeling much better this year, and my teachers are confident of me reaching AAA so I'm putting in for three resists. Thankfully they're all spread out, with at least four days between each. What course and where are you thinking of studying?

Medicine, ideally at KCL (*fingers crossed*)
Reply 23
Medicine, ideally at KCL (*fingers crossed*)

I feel for you, a lot of people in my chem want to do medicine and have been rejected. I presume you hold at least one offer though, right? Good luck x
Reply 24
From May to June I have a total of 22 exams (none are resits). I win.
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_
I am doing 15 exams... 6 in May 9 in June... Wish me luck :smile:

I've got 11 and I thought I had it bad, good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
CIE Maths would be the death of me :frown:
Depends on how much stress you can handle, how well you can manage your time, how well prepared you believe you will be for each of your exams, etc, etc.

I have 6 or 7 exams and I'd say anything more than 7 is too many, but I have really bad experience with exams because my anxiety gets the best of me. But really, it depends on the individual.
Original post by Rosaknows
From May to June I have a total of 22 exams (none are resits). I win.

I would rather take your 22 GCSE Exams than even one of my A Level ones...

Original post by H0ls
I feel for you, a lot of people in my chem want to do medicine and have been rejected. I presume you hold at least one offer though, right? Good luck x

Sadly not! (not for Medicine, I have my backup offer) But I haven't given up just yet. On the resit wagon if everything goes well. And thanks, good luck to you too :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
I would rather take your 22 GCSE Exams than even one of my A Level ones...

Sadly not! (not for Medicine, I have my backup offer) But I haven't given up just yet. On the resit wagon if everything goes well. And thanks, good luck to you too :smile:

Ah, at lot of my friends have been rejected from medicine this cycle too. I paid for my resits today too, I'm now £100 poorer. I think my college charges us ridiculous amounts. Thanks:biggrin:
Reply 30
I'm resitting 3 Maths modules, 2 already at A grades, but I need to resit one of them in order to get an A*, I would like to resit the other one because it's easy (Core 1). The other one is at a D grade - but it isn't essential, it is to bring my fourth AS level up (would like to achieve atleast A*AAb).

I'm resitting 2 Biology modules, one at a C, other at a B as I am ~35 UMS off an A.

Also resitting 1 Chemistry module (10 UMS off an A).

are these two biology resit exams on top of unit 5?
Original post by Libby18
are these two biology resit exams on top of unit 5?

Yeah.

Original post by H0ls
Ah, at lot of my friends have been rejected from medicine this cycle too. I paid for my resits today too, I'm now £100 poorer. I think my college charges us ridiculous amounts. Thanks:biggrin:

£126, do I win(or lose?)? :frown:
Reply 32

You definitely lose. Going to have to have a couple of weekends in to hopefully scrape a few pennies back... ah well.
Reply 33
I'm an A2 Student who is burdened by many resits (6) for this summer, and I'm questioning whether I should give up on some of these resits.

Is 9 too many? I'm not exceptionally well at studying (hence the need to resit), but I was able to take 5 in January and come out with good results, will I struggle with 9? I shall be studying from today.

I have 7 exams in the summer, 3 of which are re-takes and although its a lot of work it will really help your overall grade therefore take as many as you need
I have 10, 6 resits - 3 AS, 3 A2 (retaking all my jan exams, they all flopped! and retaking ASs because they can obviously pull my A2s up since i seem to not be doing so well currently), and 4 non-resits. *sobs*
Original post by lazershus
I have 10, 6 resits - 3 AS, 3 A2 (retaking all my jan exams, they all flopped! and retaking ASs because they can obviously pull my A2s up since i seem to not be doing so well currently), and 4 non-resits. *sobs*

OMG, you're in almost exactly the same situation. I shall think of you for 5 minutes every morning during the exam season.

Just kidding, I'm not that creepy.
Original post by H0ls
You definitely lose. Going to have to have a couple of weekends in to hopefully scrape a few pennies back... ah well.

I think I might be finally forced to get a part time job to pay my parents back for this. FML!

I lose two times over!
Reply 36

I think I might be finally forced to get a part time job to pay my parents back for this. FML!

I lose two times over!

Man up! I'm already working weekends. I think it can be easier to fit in work when you have less time, plus the extra money is good!
Reply 37
Yeah.

good luck :smile:
Reply 38
Anyone got any revision tips for unit 5 Bio?
Reading threads like these make me so glad I did humanities rather than sciences...

I know people who are doing more exams. If you can handle the workload, go for it. That being said, if you don't HAVE to resit, like, if it's not absolutely necessary then I think your time spent revising for that exam would be better spent trying to do even better on another. So only resit what is important. (:

Quick Reply

Latest