The Student Room Group

I despise liberals/leftists

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AsdaBasketTosser
The only thing I can think of when reading your posts Carrotcake, Is the Dunning-Kruger effect. You don't know anything about the world. You make that abundantly clear with your wild over generalizations, over simplifications and your hyperbolic accusations.

there is a reason I made this thread in the chat section you know.

my next thread will be on hot guys. I hope everyone finds guys attractive :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Alex_Jones
Both extreme left and extreme right are both as irrational as each other, however the hatred shown towards each other by both groups is also extremely funny and pathetic

lol
Reply 42
Original post by JerzyDudek
I wouldn't say that. The government is always needed because a "free" society wouldn't survive. By paying taxes, you pay for you roads, parks, pedestrian walks, streetlights, free health care etc. I highly doubt that if the government didn't force you to, you would go and buy a streetlight.

It is all known to me. I just generalised my thought. What I mean is that we don't need roads, parks etc. to be administrated by the government. You are right, that if I wasn't forced to, I wouldn't buy a streetlight. It's because I think it is not crucial for me to live happily.

Same to healthcare - I would prefer to pay it on my own. And especially the pension fund - I would like to keep my money where I want to.

I live in Poland and reality here is complete opposite to UK - we pay high taxes, we have to give a lot of money for pension funds and we get almost nothing. If you want to go to the doctor - you have to pay for it, if you have to be treated for cancer - you have to wait 1 year in a queue to get chemo!

But even if those things here functioned like they were mentioned to function, I still would be in complete opposition to public property and taxes.

There is, of course, a minimum that you have to pay taxes for: it is police - your safety, and courts, and maybe a little government. And that's all.
Reply 43
opjoibiuoiybp;ubg;uyg7-p7guijbb[plp[rdsz4erdtryugbonil;,';.
To the left, to the left........everything you own in a box to the left.
Sorry. Beyonce Outburst.

But yeah, we despise you too.
Reply 45
I think lefties are hypocrites really, saying that I suppose some sections of ring wingers could be called the same thing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
leftists are jihadists
Original post by kapsl0k
I live in Poland and reality here is complete opposite to UK - we pay high taxes, we have to give a lot of money for pension funds and we get almost nothing. If you want to go to the doctor - you have to pay for it, if you have to be treated for cancer - you have to wait 1 year in a queue to get chemo!

It's not that opposite then. Taxes in the UK are really high as well (£550bn of tax revenue a year says it all). Although you don't have to pay to visit a doctor, waiting lists are really long, plus dental care isn't free (and very expensive to be honest).

Because of this consistent competition between 2 leading parties, a lot of policies are made just to please the electors.
Reply 48
You despise your own bizarre, exaggerated perception of liberalism, which is in the main, a massive strawman used by those of a right wing persuasion instead of defending their own views with reason or evidence.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Carrotcake18
I love leftards .They name themselves after "freedoms" but have no problem limiting the freedoms of others. Biggest supporters of terrorism in the 21st century.

George Galloway will be needing that 'shot' w/his bearded friends. Glug Glug LOL.

Well this reveals a lot about you. I don't despise those who are right wing, I respect their views and see the logic in them, but disagree. However I think most of them are more intelligent than you.
Reply 50
Original post by abc:)
I think most of them are more intelligent than you.

refrain yourself from using racist language. we are all peaceful here.
Reply 51
my penis is a lefty
Reply 52
Original post by Bronze00
my penis is a lefty

I still want to blow it :wink:
Reply 53
Original post by Redolent
The sad thing is this isn't the first time I've seen someone here compare liberals with fascists.

If you think they are comparable, you're using the wrong definition of the word. Get a dictionary and stop making a fool of yourself.

a liberal also means a pro-market, adam smithian right-winger in the continental sense of the word. do your homework brother before you try to sound clever
Reply 54
Original post by zaliack
That's the difference between we "leftists" and you "rightists". We don't judge people we don't really know; whereas you judge entire groups of people just by your limited understanding.

The irony of it.

Or do you just know every right wing person well enough to be able to come to that judgement?
Reply 55
Original post by an drej
a liberal also means a pro-market, adam smithian right-winger in the continental sense of the word. do your homework brother before you try to sound clever

That's embarrassing for you because you clearly don't know the difference between a classical liberal and a modern/social liberal.
Reply 56
I smell trolls in here.
Reply 57
That's embarrassing for you because you clearly don't know the difference between a classical liberal and a modern/social liberal.

how so? you were the one who saw classical/conservative liberalism and fascism as uncomparable...
Reply 58
Original post by an drej
how so? you were the one who saw classical/conservative liberalism and fascism as uncomparable...

I don't really see how classical liberalism is "conservative" seeing as conservatism as a defined political movement was a reaction against liberalism, and generally refers to social policies rather than economic policies. How do you think they are comparable?
Reply 59
I don't really see how classical liberalism is "conservative" seeing as conservatism as a defined political movement was a reaction against liberalism, and generally refers to social policies rather than economic policies. How do you think they are comparable?

again, are you sure you're not mixing up classical with social liberalism? classical, government interference with the market is minimal? and it's on the right side of the political spectrum(thus conservative)?

Quick Reply

Latest