The Student Room Group

CIE Physics free stuff

Hi Guys....I want to take 9702 as a private candidate.I'm finding free stuff about Physics 9702 like examsolution.com....( ebook, videos, guides.)
Personally for Physics (including the Math part in it), I'd recommend Khan Academy for complete newbies who have even skipped out on the basic Math before taking up Physics A Level

As for revision, or if you're fairly decent at Math, then I see no reason to not use examsolutions for revision sake. That's probably the best site to revise. Although the questions are from Edexcel, if you practice em along with CIE Past papers, you'll be more or less, thorough.

As for the best TEXTBOOK,
I'd recommend
Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics Coursebook by David Sang (Revised Edition - 2013)

Best book out there for Physics prep.
It even comes along with worksheets

So yeah,
2 sites for revision/learning ,1 book for revision/exam prep and 1 site for notes

www.khanacademy.org/
www.examsolutions.net/
Textbook - Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics Coursebook by David Sang (Revised Edition - 2013)
www.s-cool.uk/ (This site's got the notes)

If you've got the book and use those 2 sites frequently then I see no reason to why one can't make good progress
lol tbh, you don't even need a teacher to teach you with all those resources. :biggrin:

But yeah
It's best you equip yourself with 3-5 months time right before the board exam in order to prepare steadily and thoroughly and not regret it.
:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for your Precious recommendation. :smile: I need more recommendation regarding Chemistry. Actually, I wanna to take C.I.E Board as a private Candidate..
Original post by unknown.addi
Thanks for your Precious recommendation. :smile: I need more recommendation regarding Chemistry. Actually, I wanna to take C.I.E Board as a private Candidate..

I'm not sure about Chemistry since I take Physics,Math,ICT,Computing and English for my AS Levels

Khan Academy has got a huge library of tutorials for AS and A Level chemistry. (It pretty much covers up a lot)

Regarding that

Best sites for Chemistry revision would be:
www.khanacademy.org/
www.thenewboston.com

www.s-cool.uk

S-cool.uk has notes on all the science subjects, plus they cover the lessons in a nutshell. They've got exercises too but not videos though.

As for the past papers, you can get them from:
www.xtremepapers.com

Before you even start learning from these sites and their tutorials/notes, it's best that you check up the topics covered in your Chemistry syllabus and follow along and watch the tutorials accordingly
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks dude. its really nice and useful links.Well, do you use FB or Skype..if you don't mind you can pm me your id of skype or facebook for any further interaction.
Original post by unknown.addi
Thanks dude. its really nice and useful links.Well, do you use FB or Skype..if you don't mind you can pm me your id of skype or facebook for any further interaction.

Sure
I've got Skype
Add me
Reply 6
Hi is there anywhere I can download these books from the internet. I am registered as a private candidate but I need these books
U can get the physics and chemistry book on smartnotesonline.com

Quick Reply

Latest