The Student Room Group

Edexcel Spanish A2 6SP04 - 4 June 2013

It seems about time that someone made a revision topic for this.

So, does anyone have any useful revision tips? Any lovely phrases for the speaking exam?

Or any questions?

Also, if you're doing the literature section - which book/play?
Or which area of history if you're doing that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm currently studying "Te Doy Mis Ojos" by Icíar Bollaín.

Se trata del maltrato de una mujer y como se encuentra la confianza de salir de su marido.

I would suggest watching tv in spanish or reading newspaper articles. I've had the advantage of living in Spain for 5 years so the best, yet least useful, advice i could give you is to live in spain.

Also try to engage in spanish conversation with your classmates outside of class, that helped me a lot when i moved here at first!
Reply 2
Original post by Wondermop
I'm currently studying "Te Doy Mis Ojos" by Icíar Bollaín.

Se trata del maltrato de una mujer y como se encuentra la confianza de salir de su marido.

I would suggest watching tv in spanish or reading newspaper articles. I've had the advantage of living in Spain for 5 years so the best, yet least useful, advice i could give you is to live in spain.

Also try to engage in spanish conversation with your classmates outside of class, that helped me a lot when i moved here at first!

I'm also doing te doy mis ojos however ive not started preparing yet - im actually really confused of how to even do a research based essay!!
Reply 3
Our class went over a plan together for each of the 6 possible essay titles... Has your class not done this? You might want to suggest it to the teacher if you can.

Also i suggest downloading the film and watching it at home. I've watched it 4 times now and i've paused the movie at certain points and filled nearly 10 pages with notes on scenes worth remembering and quotes and that :smile:
Reply 4
Our class went over a plan together for each of the 6 possible essay titles... Has your class not done this? You might want to suggest it to the teacher if you can.

Also i suggest downloading the film and watching it at home. I've watched it 4 times now and i've paused the movie at certain points and filled nearly 10 pages with notes on scenes worth remembering and quotes and that :smile:

i've only managed to find 2 titles online from june 2010 and june 2011, could you possibly tell me the other ones by any chance?

Yep I've got the film :smile: not sure what notes to make though!!
Reply 5
3. ¿Que aspectos de la pelicula que has estudiado has encontrado interesante?

4. ¿Que mensaje puede implementarse en la sociedad de hoy en dia acerca de la pelicula que has estudiado? ¿que importancia tiene este mensaje en tu opinion?

5. Expon/discute un do los aspectos/puntos mas importantes de la pelicula. ¿que quiere decir el director con el, desde tu punto de vista?

6. Evalua las tecnicas estilisticas de la pelicula estudiada. ¿Hasta que punto contribuyen estas tecnicas al exito de la obra?

For some reason i havent written down the essay titles for the first two i did. I have spanish in 25 minutes though so i can find them out for you :smile:

essay number 6 is by far the hardest one to do. If you need any help with any plans or specific points let me know :smile:

My email is [email protected] if you wanna contact me quickly xo
Would you mind putting up your notes so that we can see what kind of things you covered?
Reply 7
3. ¿Que aspectos de la pelicula que has estudiado has encontrado interesante?

4. ¿Que mensaje puede implementarse en la sociedad de hoy en dia acerca de la pelicula que has estudiado? ¿que importancia tiene este mensaje en tu opinion?

5. Expon/discute un do los aspectos/puntos mas importantes de la pelicula. ¿que quiere decir el director con el, desde tu punto de vista?

6. Evalua las tecnicas estilisticas de la pelicula estudiada. ¿Hasta que punto contribuyen estas tecnicas al exito de la obra?

For some reason i havent written down the essay titles for the first two i did. I have spanish in 25 minutes though so i can find them out for you :smile:

essay number 6 is by far the hardest one to do. If you need any help with any plans or specific points let me know :smile:

My email is [email protected] if you wanna contact me quickly xo

Hey thanks so much!! Might actually give you a message over the weekend if that's ok!! My school aren't helping much for the RBE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by WillowSummers
Would you mind putting up your notes so that we can see what kind of things you covered?

I havent actually made any notes yet ahha! do you have any?
Reply 9
Sorry for not replying to your email, i dont have internet at home cause of a connection problem so i have to use the school computers...

I'll send you my 6 essays and 4 plans in a zip file a little later if that's okay?
Reply 10
Sorry for not replying to your email, i dont have internet at home cause of a connection problem so i have to use the school computers...

I'll send you my 6 essays and 4 plans in a zip file a little later if that's okay?

Aah thats amazing thank you!!
I've just done one so I will send you that - you might like some of my ideas :smile:
Reply 11

Hey, could you possibly send them to me? :smile:
Original post by SoRo
Hey, could you possibly send them to me? :smile:

Ditto!
Hi I'm very worried about this exam I'm awful at Spanish literally at gcse level right now but I'm doing my AS and A2 this summer, I need a C overall for uni. What is the best way to get up to scratch in the next two months? If you could send me notes wonder mop that would be amazing . Stressing so much, hence the reason I'm up at 4am worrying ah
Reply 14
Original post by Beccadailly
Hi I'm very worried about this exam I'm awful at Spanish literally at gcse level right now but I'm doing my AS and A2 this summer, I need a C overall for uni. What is the best way to get up to scratch in the next two months? If you could send me notes wonder mop that would be amazing . Stressing so much, hence the reason I'm up at 4am worrying ah

ok firstly no need to stress youve got two months!

what are you doing for your oral and for your research based essay?
Reply 15
Original post by Beccadailly

Hey, I'm in the same position as you! I desperately need a B for uni and at the moment I'm looking at a D at best :/

Please forward me any help/advice you get, I'm trying to really work at improving my Spanish but apart from the prospect of failing dismally I've just got no motivation for it whatsoever.
Hellooo everybody. Is anybody else studying 'la casa de bernarda alba'?

Also for the discursive essay - can someone give some insight into how the introductions should be written? I've had conflicting advice from my teachers so I'm kind of unsure now...
Reply 17
Original post by royalblue17
Hellooo everybody. Is anybody else studying 'la casa de bernarda alba'?

Also for the discursive essay - can someone give some insight into how the introductions should be written? I've had conflicting advice from my teachers so I'm kind of unsure now...

What "conflicting advice"?

I can help you with the writing and doubts, not the essay, cause I didn' read "la casa de Bernarda Alba"...
also having problems with spanish! i would recommend looking at the edexcel website..has some resources you can look it. buuut some of them need a password! does anybody have a password they could give me? our school never gave us one!
Reply 19
Hola a todos! Who here is doing El Laberinto del Fauno?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending