The Student Room Group

HELP!!! GCSE Chemistry Controlled Assessment

I have just started doing my chemistry controlled assessment. I am on the part in which i have to evaluate my data with secondary data however I cannot because I cannot find any secondary data. If anyone else can provide me links to my topic of my controlled assessment of secondary data, I will thank you so much.

The topic of my chemistry controlled assessment is how much energy is transferred as heat when acids react with alkalis.”

The factor I decided to choose is concentration. Please help me with my chemistry controlled assessment.
Reply 1
Original post by Zadie
I have just started doing my chemistry controlled assessment. I am on the part in which i have to evaluate my data with secondary data however I cannot because I cannot find any secondary data. If anyone else can provide me links to my topic of my controlled assessment of secondary data, I will thank you so much.

The topic of my chemistry controlled assessment is how much energy is transferred as heat when acids react with alkalis.”

The factor I decided to choose is concentration. Please help me with my chemistry controlled assessment.

The reaction between acids reacting with alkalis is called neutralisation.

Here are a few key terms you might want to research/read on,
1) heat capacity

2) specific heat capacity

Hint: the solution making up the acids and alkalis are water.

3) Maybe a bit fancier term at GCSE, but; enthalpy of neutralisation
Reply 2
Original post by shengoc
The reaction between acids reacting with alkalis is called neutralisation.

Here are a few key terms you might want to research/read on,
1) heat capacity

2) specific heat capacity

Hint: the solution making up the acids and alkalis are water.

3) Maybe a bit fancier term at GCSE, but; enthalpy of neutralisation

Thank you so much! That helped me a lot. Also, just wondering, do you know what to write for physics controlled assessment for background information?

My topic is about how factors that can affect the output voltage of a potential divider circuit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Zadie
Thank you so much! That helped me a lot. Also, just wondering, do you know what to write for physics controlled assessment for background information?

My topic is about how factors that can affect the output voltage of a potential divider circuit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hah, well that seems to me like an interesting project. Thing is, do you have an idea on what are the possible factors though? I am a chemist by trade, though I am OK with electrochemistry, i am a bit rusty with a potential divider circuit.

Quick Reply

Latest