The Student Room Group

North Korea Threatens 'Merciless' Retaliation.

This, just in:

http://news.sky.com/story/1064052/north-korea-threatens-merciless-retaliation

North Korea has confirmed it has scrapped an armistice with 'its enemies' and says the next step is an act of "merciless" military retaliation.

The warning was made in a lengthy statement issued by the North's armed forces ministry on Wednesday.

The statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency argued that the real "warmongering" was coming from the United States and its "puppets" in Seoul.

The statement said: "They would be well advised to keep in mind that the armistice agreement is no longer valid and (North Korea) is not restrained by the North-South declaration on non-aggression.

"What is left to be done now is an action of justice and merciless retaliation of the army and people."

It added to the tide of threats that has been flowing from Pyongyang in recent days that have raised military tensions on the Korean peninsula to their highest level for years.

More follows...

Do you think North Korea will follow through this time?

Will there be a grave escalation?

Are we all in danger?

Or is this just empty rhetoric?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Apparently The Queen has just tweeted this:

"STFU Kim Jong Un" #RAF #SAS #ROYALMARINES

:cool:
Reply 2
I think NK know that an all out attack on the South is akin to the assured destruction of NK by the United States. So no, I think this is just more rhetoric from a tired regime.
Reply 3
North Korea is utterly dysfunctional. Their crazed leader is capable of anything.
Sometimes I wonder if the kid with the red button will get drunk/throw a tantrum/have too much cake = hyper, and just end the world without anyone having predicted it.
Kim Jong Un is probably just making a show to cement his authority in North Korea, stave off potential coups and dissenters and what not.
oh crap? are they actually gonna attack soon now?
Reply 7
Does anyone know what sort of vague 'warmongering' the US is doing to set NK off? Or did NK they just make that up to satiate bloodthirst?

This came out of nowhere apart from those nuclear tests which were seemingly supposed to be 'a warning to the world' (i.e. we have nuclear power and the potential to be extremely destructive) but actually just came off as attention seeking, pointlessly antagonistic childs play. Is there more I'm missing or is their explaination about the US to justify their hunger for power and an apparent wanton lust for war -

do they have any actual reasons or grounds-? Its as though teenagers from the London riots are running the country
Original post by fjoanne99
Does anyone know what sort of vague 'warmongering' the US is doing to set NK off? Or did NK they just make that up to satiate bloodthirst?

This came out of nowhere apart from those nuclear tests which were seemingly supposed to be 'a warning to the world' (i.e. we have nuclear power and the potential to be extremely destructive) but actually just came off as attention seeking, pointlessly antagonistic childs play. Is there more I'm missing or is their explaination about the US to justify their hunger for power and an apparent wanton lust for war -

do they have any actual reasons or grounds-? Its as though teenagers from the London riots are running the country

i agree

the united states isnt doing anything on purpose....they are waiting and provoking north korea to attack something just so they can wipe out the north koreans...

they did the same with japan, they knew japans military tensions were high but didnt do nothing about it...in the end they killed millions of japanese lives..

i beleive the same could happen to north korea
Human nature makes me sick...especially in men!

cant believe how desperate the USA and north korea are for war...makes me so sick....

men are the only reason for wars....gonna end up killing each other for no reason...the USA is a terrible super power of the world, terrible!
Reply 10
Original post by study beats
Human nature makes me sick...especially in men!

cant believe how desperate the USA and north korea are for war...makes me so sick....

men are the only reason for wars....gonna end up killing each other for no reason...the USA is a terrible super power of the world, terrible!

I'm pretty sure that Barack Obama could walk into Pyongyang and stick his penis in Kim Jong Un's ear and the North would do nothing but blast out more empty rhetoric. A war between the North and South would be incredibly costly but eventually the North would probably lose.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
This is comedy gold lel huehuehue...

Ok but seriously north Korea has no chance. The US and its allies would probably wipe out north Korea within a week.
Reply 12
From The Times today:

Kim Jong Un yesterday warned frontline troops that war could break out at any moment.
"Once an order is issued, you should break the waists of the crazy enemies, totally cut their windpipes and thus clearly show them what a real war is like".

State media has said "there is no telling what could happen in this land now".

Then there's this video being shown on state tv.
[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3a8_1362925707[/video]

Which is actually pretty funny.
Original post by ESPORTIVA
This is comedy gold lel huehuehue...

Ok but seriously north Korea has no chance. The US and its allies would probably wipe out north Korea within a week.

north korea and its new allies would accompany it in wiping out USA and its allies...

ur not thinking straight are you? have you seen how many countries hate america? and those countries have strong militataries and nuclear weapons....surely if america tried doing anything to north korea, then other countries will see it as an opportunity to attack america and defend north korea...

wipe out north korea in a week...pffft, yeah right my ass they will
Reply 14
north korea and its new allies would accompany it in wiping out USA and its allies...

ur not thinking straight are you? have you seen how many countries hate america? and those countries have strong militataries and nuclear weapons....surely if america tried doing anything to north korea, then other countries will see it as an opportunity to attack america and defend north korea...

wipe out north korea in a week...pffft, yeah right my ass they will

'New allies'?

China would wash it's hands of them.

If a war were to break out - and anyone with any semblance of common sense would hope it does not - then NK will lose.
Reply 15
to poster above i agree though there are some extremely level headed leaders/ policy makers/ political thinkers in the USA - trouble is so much of the countries international activity and decision making is military operated -. Much of the military intervention is socially unwarranted and doesnt reflect US public opinion and though it sounds stereotypical, some of the decisions made in the past seem to have been made by short sighted, compassionalty detached jar heads , causing bloodshed first and foremost and having a huge unfluence on the USAs relationships, international outlook etc
Original post by Drewski
'New allies'?

China would wash it's hands of them.

If a war were to break out - and anyone with any semblance of common sense would hope it does not - then NK will lose.

yes in the end north korea and its allies would lose

but a billion lives would be lost.....so hopefully america doesnt do anything stupid because then everyone would want to get involved....
to poster above i agree though there are some extremely level headed leaders/ policy makers/ political thinkers in the USA - trouble is so much of the countries international activity and decision making is military operated -. Much of the military intervention is socially unwarranted and doesnt reflect US public opinion and though it sounds stereotypical, some of the decisions made in the past seem to have been made by short sighted, compassionalty detached jar heads , causing bloodshed first and foremost and having a huge unfluence on the USAs relationships, international outlook etc

if america tries anything stupid...then i would say there are atleast 5 countries waiting to nuke the USA...

so its not only north korea who would get battered
Reply 18

Actually, history would tell us most of the errors in that arena are caused by politicians who don't understand the nature of fighting and warfare because they've got precisely no experience of it. They then get the military into situations that are less than ideal and make the situation far messier than needed.

But equally worrying, is the large percentage [though, realistically, still a minority] of the US public who would be 'happy' for a war.

yes in the end north korea and its allies would lose

but a billion lives would be lost.....so hopefully america doesnt do anything stupid because then everyone would want to get involved....

A billion? :rolleyes: Let's start by being vaguely realistic.
A Korean war would not turn into a world war, there isn't 'enough' at stake for other countries to get involved. Certainly no European nations would feel threatened.

if america tries anything stupid...then i would say there are atleast 5 countries waiting to nuke the USA...

Oh be quiet. While one or two nations may think badly about the US, none of them would actively want to nuke them. And even fewer of them actually could.

The mainland US is in no way threatened.
(edited 11 years ago)

This isn't a movie, little dear.

Countries are not just going to simply pop off nukes like there's no tomorrow. Even with Japan and the US, the US did not just pop off a nuke without any foresight and deliberation and just pressed the button dancing around as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending