The Student Room Group

Birmingham bus stabbing death: Man, 22, arrested on suspicion of murder of 16 ...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rolos12345
why did he just decide to stab the blonde blue eyed girl?

pretty obvious this violent murdering racist has been detained under the mental health act just to cover up the true motives of the crime.

What makes it obvious?
Reply 241
Original post by rolos12345
why did he just decide to stab the blonde blue eyed girl?

pretty obvious this violent murdering racist has been detained under the mental health act just to cover up the true motives of the crime.

So it would've been better or not a problem if he'd stabbed anyone other than a white person?

it will probably get reduced to manslaughter with diminished responsbility due to him probably pleading insanity
Original post by regularposter
it will probably get reduced to manslaughter with diminished responsbility due to him probably pleading insanity

That will depend on whether he is found to be unfit to stand trial.
Reply 245
Original post by Kibalchich
That will depend on whether he is found to be unfit to stand trial.

He has to face trial eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ed-
He has to face trial eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does he? That's not my understanding of how S.37/41 works, but I'm not a legal expert.
Reply 247
Original post by Kibalchich
Does he? That's not my understanding of how S.37/41 works, but I'm not a legal expert.

By 'has to' I mean inevitably will. He won't be deemed to mental to face trial forever...
Original post by ed-
By 'has to' I mean inevitably will. He won't be deemed to mental to face trial forever...

Yeah, you may be right. I'm not a legal expert on the MHA, its a very complicated bit of legislation. I think what the process might be is that he is likely to have been detained for mental health assessment at the moment. If the result of that assessment is that he is suffering from a mental health problem which means that he is unfit to stand trial for his crime, then a court will probably decide he goes to hospital instead of a prison sentence. If it is decided that his crime was as a result of his poor mental health, then I don't think he would go back to court after being detained on 37/41. I'm happy to be corrected if I have got any of this wrong. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending