The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by otrivine
want to revise :smile:

yeah :smile: ... I am worried though because loads of people on here have retook so many times and still havnt got A :frown:
Reply 101
Original post by Gulzar
yeah :smile: ... I am worried though because loads of people on here have retook so many times and still havnt got A :frown:

Dont worry! Just key thing about this unit is to just be careful with the connectivity and learn mechanism and reagent, do lots of questions and revise! better start revising ASAP!

ok

What do you understand by the process of 'transesterification' and describe (3)
Reply 102
Original post by Gulzar
Does everone know what they need to get an A/B in A2 chemistry?

Yea, need 39 for a B and 99 for an A, trying really hard to get the A* though as I've worked extremely hard over the past 2 years and I would be really gutted if I miss out on it.
Reply 103
Original post by D4rth
Yea, need 39 for a B and 99 for an A, trying really hard to get the A* though as I've worked extremely hard over the past 2 years and I would be really gutted if I miss out on it.

Me too:frown:
Reply 104
Hey :smile: how is F324 going.

Yea it's going ok, quite enjoying it but I'm not going to revise till Easter, if I start too early I'll just get bored. Mostly it is quite simpler, a lot more so than F325, just a lot more to learn.
Reply 105
Original post by D4rth
Yea it's going ok, quite enjoying it but I'm not going to revise till Easter, if I start too early I'll just get bored. Mostly it is quite simpler, a lot more so than F325, just a lot more to learn.

Yes, true, I have to say these exam board take so long to give me my paper back:redface:

Want to revise a bit on F324 :smile:
Reply 106
Dont worry! Just key thing about this unit is to just be careful with the connectivity and learn mechanism and reagent, do lots of questions and revise! better start revising ASAP!

ok

What do you understand by the process of 'transesterification' and describe (3)

Wait...which one is that one?
Reply 107
Original post by Gulzar
Wait...which one is that one?

It is in chapter 1 , ill give you a clue , something to do with Biodesiel
Reply 108

I remember glycerol and something is used to make the biofuel :s-smilie:
I've almost finished covering F324 now :biggrin:
Just finishing up on Spectroscopy and such.
I will be done before Easter.
I'm sitting this for the first time and resitting F325 and F322 :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by Alotties
I've almost finished covering F324 now :biggrin:
Just finishing up on Spectroscopy and such.
I will be done before Easter.
I'm sitting this for the first time and resitting F325 and F322 :smile:

Good Luck , I am sure you will do well :smile:

Want to revise F324 for a bit/:smile:
Reply 111
Talk to me about azo dyes!
Reply 112

Why does bromine react more readily with phenol than benzene?
Reply 113
Original post by Gulzar
I remember glycerol and something is used to make the biofuel :s-smilie:

yes , you are getting there.

Its literally got to do with the fact that , this is the process in which Bio diesel is made and is where a triglyceride reacts with methanol or ethanol in the presence of either sodium or potassium hydroxide catalyst forming biodisel and glycerol.

But good for saying that glycerol is formed cause you would get some marks.

My turn:smile:
Reply 114
yes , you are getting there.

Its literally got to do with the fact that , this is the process in which Bio diesel is made and is where a triglyceride reacts with methanol or ethanol in the presence of either sodium or potassium hydroxide catalyst forming biodisel and glycerol.

But good for saying that glycerol is formed cause you would get some marks.

My turn:smile:

Reply 115
Original post by kevloui
Talk to me about azo dyes!

My friend , nice to see you again :smile:!!!

Azo dyes !

Firstly, the process of making aromatic amines are that a nitrobenzene has to react with a mixture of concentrated HCL(aq) and Sn and the process has to be done under reflux for phenylamine to be made.

Then there are two reactions , Diazotisation and coupling reaction.
In dizotisation , this is where the nitrous acid is reacted with phenyl amine and with concentrated HCL to form the diazonium ion.HNO2 is made in reaction mixture in-situ and reaction is kept <10 degrees.

couping reaction is where the diazonium ion is reacted with an alkaline so is under alkaline conditions and forms the azo dye which is a brighly coloured compound/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Gulzar

Can you ask me from carobxylic acid all the way to chapter 2.
Good Luck , I am sure you will do well :smile:

Want to revise F324 for a bit/:smile:

I'm just doing some maths work but I might revise with you later :tongue:
I need to do well, my grades so far are B (F321), D (F322), A (F323), E (F325) which makes a D overall and I need a B overall to go to uni :colondollar:
Reply 118
Can you ask me from carobxylic acid all the way to chapter 2.

Sure thing (have u not revised the first bit? ) :smile:

What is a zwitter ion and explain the isolectric point of an amino acid?
Reply 119
My friend , nice to see you again :smile:!!!

Azo dyes !

Firstly, the process of making aromatic amines are that a nitrobenzene has to react with a mixture of concentrated HCL(aq) and Sn and the process has to be done under reflux for phenylamine to be made.

Then there are two reactions , Diazotisation and coupling reaction.
In dizotisation , this is where the nitrous acid is reacted with phenyl amine and with concentrated HCL to form the diazonium ion.HNO2 is made in reaction mixture in-situ and reaction is kept <10 degrees.

couping reaction is where the diazonium ion is reacted with an alkaline so is under alkaline conditions and forms the azo dye which is a brighly coloured compound/

Yea thats great! I havent covered the whole module yet, so I dont know about MMR and stuff, but anything before.

Latest

Trending

Trending