The Student Room Group

Are there any girls like this anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ameliestia
Well sure not just a short skirt, but I couldn't be bothered explaining a whole outfit...

So if a man's first impression is how we look, how come they go for someone in really revealing clothes obviously just out to get some (even if the guy says he wants a relationship) than a girl who isn't flaunting herself, and has a little dignity?

In my opinion (and it's just an opinion) but I think you can tell a lot about someone just by looking at them. I know people say 'don't judge a book by its cover' but there's a reason people choose the clothes they do. So why do guys still go after the slutty girls?

Or do all guys just want a slut?

You have to understand that approaching girls is really nerve racking for most guys, rejection is hard. So a girl going out dressed with less on is more likely to actually want attention, so she won't be horrible to you. A girl dressed more modestly is likely to be seen as shields up- she doesn't want attention, and she might well be rude and hurt your confidence.

A girl wearing skimpy clothing does not mean she's a slut, you are seriously outdated in your views.

A smile can do the same job as a mini skirt. I bet you aren't smiling when you are in those nightclubs. A lot of girls other girls call slutty are actually just friendly and nice to talk to.
Original post by nightfall576
Are there any girls who have these qualities?

At least reasonably smart
Nice person
Not a slut/whore (Dosent sleep around)
Dosent smoke do drugs or drink irresponsibly

Any girls like this who respect their bodies and take care of themselves?

Not trying to be hostile just curious!

Yes, anywhere but Britain, or the rest of the "Western" world for that matter. If you know what I mean.
Original post by nightfall576
Are there any girls who have these qualities?

At least reasonably smart
Nice person
Not a slut/whore (Dosent sleep around)
Dosent smoke do drugs or drink irresponsibly

Any girls like this who respect their bodies and take care of themselves?

Not trying to be hostile just curious!

This isn't really addressed at you OP but I don't understand why people are saying that a girl can't drink/smoke and be sexually liberated AND be nice AND be intelligent. As a woman I believe it is my body so what I do with it is entirely my business. People may not agree with my lifestyle choices but really I would much prefer if they didn't insist on pushing THEIR morals or views of right and wrong on me. If my style of life (which is very liberal) doesn't appeal to you - don't lead it, but I find it ridiculous how I'm expected to confirm to what other people believe is right, or people automatically assume that I'm a horrible person. If what I do doesn't harm you and is completely legal I do not believe that anyone has the right to openly judge me.
Reply 143
Yep! Thats me (except the smart bit!) :smile:
Reply 144
Original post by kath_igidbashian
We do exist!! *enter me* oh and btw
I'm not Muslim...
Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant the once I know are muslims..
Original post by RevolutionIsNear!
Yes, anywhere but Britain, or the rest of the "Western" world for that matter. If you know what I mean.

Yeah, go Saudi Arabia, you'll love it, women get lashed if they act so outrageously.
Reply 146
Original post by Mankytoes
Yeah, go Saudi Arabia, you'll love it, women get lashed if they act so outrageously.

Exactly, can't be doing with these people bashing Britain like that.
Reply 147
:lolwut:

There always has been and always will be nice girls as well as not-so-nice girls.

Just because you have seen a girl or a group of girls resembling the main cast of The Only Way is Essex, it doesn't mean everyone has succumbed to the media's pressure. Just hang around in nicer areas to see girls of higher calibre.
Reply 148
Original post by bhaynes
Never again no!

By someone are you implying yourself by any chance?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^

Let's hear more!
Reply 149
I don't understand where in the world you might be to think that all girls are unintelligent, alcoholic, drug users who sleep around. Stop basing your ideas on crappy media portrayals and meet real people.
Girls like that do exist because I am like that and I exist... I think therefore I am. But I don't get noticed. Too shy. Try looking harder.
Reply 151
I have 10 gcses and 3 a levels
I dont drink, never touched drugs, never smoked a cigarette
I dont show my chest/cleavage or above my knees, so yh they exist.
I rarely drink - only special occasions!:tongue:
I dont sleep around or spend nights out with 'others'!!
so HEY!!!!! We exist!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:
you can DM me for proof!!
You have to understand that approaching girls is really nerve racking for most guys, rejection is hard. So a girl going out dressed with less on is more likely to actually want attention, so she won't be horrible to you. A girl dressed more modestly is likely to be seen as shields up- she doesn't want attention, and she might well be rude and hurt your confidence.

A girl wearing skimpy clothing does not mean she's a slut, you are seriously outdated in your views.

A smile can do the same job as a mini skirt. I bet you aren't smiling when you are in those nightclubs. A lot of girls other girls call slutty are actually just friendly and nice to talk to.

My views aren't outdated, just my description. I know what slutty clothing is, and it does make you appear like a slut, even if you aren't one.. don't get me wrong, I like wearing short skirts, but there is a limit.

And maybe where I am is just a different type of males.. I've been bullied by guys for not dressing girly, for wearing hoodies and jeans, and if I smile at them they'd probably think I was starting a fight.

I'm obviously talking about extremes here, not all skimpy clothing is slutty, I completely agree.

Although, your point about nervousness approaching someone seems pretty sensible, but then, I don't understand why the girls who look more 'easy' are more appealing, surely they should be less appealling than the person in the middle, so not too covered up, but not too little, someone in the middle?
My views aren't outdated, just my description. I know what slutty clothing is, and it does make you appear like a slut, even if you aren't one.. don't get me wrong, I like wearing short skirts, but there is a limit.

And maybe where I am is just a different type of males.. I've been bullied by guys for not dressing girly, for wearing hoodies and jeans, and if I smile at them they'd probably think I was starting a fight.

I'm obviously talking about extremes here, not all skimpy clothing is slutty, I completely agree.

Although, your point about nervousness approaching someone seems pretty sensible, but then, I don't understand why the girls who look more 'easy' are more appealing, surely they should be less appealling than the person in the middle, so not too covered up, but not too little, someone in the middle?

That's your perception, mine is different. I've known girls who go out really skimpy and were virgins, so obviously I don't share that opinion. A lot of the time girls just copy their friends, for example.

Some people are just ********s, girls who dress "slutty" get harassed too. The smiling thing is important though- next time you go clubbing, just try to smile at the boys and see how much attention you get. I doubt any of them will try to fight you!

Even if the clothing is "slutty", it isn't a big deal, maybe the girl likes wearing them?

I don't get the question. By definition, someone easy is easier than someone medium. If you want to win a game, you play on easy mode. I haven't found girls who wear more clothes to be nicer or funnier, but I have found them to be more likely to accept me, so why wouldn't I go for those girls?
Original post by Harley
They were sadly hunted to extinction for their pelts :frown:

I use their teeth for my forays into alchemy :/ sorry troops
That's your perception, mine is different. I've known girls who go out really skimpy and were virgins, so obviously I don't share that opinion. A lot of the time girls just copy their friends, for example.

Some people are just ********s, girls who dress "slutty" get harassed too. The smiling thing is important though- next time you go clubbing, just try to smile at the boys and see how much attention you get. I doubt any of them will try to fight you!

Even if the clothing is "slutty", it isn't a big deal, maybe the girl likes wearing them?

I don't get the question. By definition, someone easy is easier than someone medium. If you want to win a game, you play on easy mode. I haven't found girls who wear more clothes to be nicer or funnier, but I have found them to be more likely to accept me, so why wouldn't I go for those girls?

I agree with most of what your saying..
As far as the question goes, again only from my experiences, but the so-called 'slutty' girls aren't the type of girls you want to date, or the type who want to be dated, but instead just want attention from everyone. That's why I don't understand why people would go for them, yes you're more likely to be accepted, but they're more likely to not care about you the next day
I agree with most of what your saying..
As far as the question goes, again only from my experiences, but the so-called 'slutty' girls aren't the type of girls you want to date, or the type who want to be dated, but instead just want attention from everyone. That's why I don't understand why people would go for them, yes you're more likely to be accepted, but they're more likely to not care about you the next day

I think you have a different mindset to most guys, we tend to care more about the short term- that is, getting a good response or sex, than forming a long term relationship when we talk to girls in clubs. I'd be happy to see a girl from a club again, but I wouldn't expect it. Clubbing is more about the immediate pleasure.
hello,

Not trying to be a racist.But many girls from Sri Lanka/India do not have sex until marriage. Even guys ..well i am one.. this is from my experience. approx say 80% stay virgins until marriage. ( most of 80% are from villages , city girls r westernized , sex at 16 )
In the western world , well u know the stats.
Original post by TheBestJamesBond
hello,

Not trying to be a racist.But many girls from Sri Lanka/India do not have sex until marriage. Even guys ..well i am one.. this is from my experience. approx say 80% stay virgins until marriage. ( most of 80% are from villages , city girls r westernized , sex at 16 )
In the western world , well u know the stats.

Sure, but that's to do with religion and cultural pressures. If you're willing to convert, gain good local standing and by some luck be part of the right caste, then I guess that's an option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending