The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by emah123
hi guys i need some honest advice has to how likely (and how hard) it's going to be for me to get an A in biology?
My scores for far AS biol1: 84 (a), biol2: 114(a) biol3x: 46(b) A2 biol4: 72 (B)

i need an A for medicine and was predicted an A*- is is going to be impossible for me to get an A*? also seen as i'm literally on the A boundary for AS does this mean its going to be really hard to get an A??

SO SO worried that im not going to get my A :frown: :frown:

i think it is very likely that you can get an A in bio! just focus on unit 5 now, as thats the biggie. good luck!
Original post by frogs r everywhere
DNA technology is such a long topic.... interesting nonetheless

I;m not enjoying this topic because it's just so boring learning it!
Original post by emah123
hi guys i need some honest advice has to how likely (and how hard) it's going to be for me to get an A in biology?
My scores for far AS biol1: 84 (a), biol2: 114(a) biol3x: 46(b) A2 biol4: 72 (B)

i need an A for medicine and was predicted an A*- is is going to be impossible for me to get an A*? also seen as i'm literally on the A boundary for AS does this mean its going to be really hard to get an A??

SO SO worried that im not going to get my A :frown: :frown:

To be honest the A*(need 270/300 in A2) is still mathematically possible since you have only drop 28 ums so far. However realistically it will be improbable to only drop 2 marks in the empa and the massive biol5 exam. However the A is still very much with in your grasp. So far you have 316 (that's already a D even if you fail the rest of your exams) and you need to get atleast 164 to get the A that you really need. To me A sounds feasible since you have a possible 200 ums left from the empa and the biol5. But that means realistically you need atleast 110 from biol5 out of 140 and a really good mark in the empa. Hence if you want to be on the safe side (and realistically still want the A*) you can resit biol4. Hope this helped :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 203
can anyone help me with this Q: explain how muscles have adapted to perform their function of efficient contraction?
Original post by Anjna
can anyone help me with this Q: explain how muscles have adapted to perform their function of efficient contraction?

You can maybe talk about the fact that there are three types of muscles (cardiac, skeletal and smooth) and talk about the properties that allow them to function a certain way. But I would say concentrate more on skeletal and talk about how highly folded the sarcolemma is, how there are thousands of tiny fibres in a single muscle, how they have lots of mitochondria and how each fibre is one giant cell with many nuclei. I hope this helped! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 205
Original post by evan almighty
You can maybe talk about the fact that there are three types of muscles (cardiac, skeletal and smooth) and talk about the properties that allow them to function a certain way. But I would say concentrate more on skeletal and talk about how highly folded the sarcolemma is, how there are thousands of tiny fibres in a single muscle, how they have lots of mitochondria and how each fibre is one giant cell with many nuclei. I hope this helped! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank youu!! :smile:
hey guys, did anyone use the collins aqa biol4 revision book? Does anyone have it for biol5? I was thinking of getting it but im not sure if its worth it. Whoever has these books please let me know if they're worth it please
Thanks
So guys I need 75% in u5 for an A overall... I think it's too risky , shall I resit one of my AS exams or focus just on U5 ?
Original post by CameronLee
So guys I need 75% in u5 for an A overall... I think it's too risky , shall I resit one of my AS exams or focus just on U5 ?

I remember you :wink:

How did Unit 1 and Unit 2 go for you?

Thats do-able :s-smilie:, I don't understand. If you put the work in, than that is more than achievable.
Original post by James A
I remember you :wink:

How did Unit 1 and Unit 2 go for you?

Biol1 - 76
Biol2 - 120
How about you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats do-able :s-smilie:, I don't understand. If you put the work in, than that is more than achievable.

I think I can definitely get an A in the last exam it's just if I have a bad day ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I can definitely get an A in the last exam it's just if I have a bad day ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. My advise would be to concentrate solely on U5. :biggrin:

If you really really really want to boost your UMS mark up just to increase our chances of an A, then re-take.
But I'm sure if you decide not to retake, you'll be more than fine. :smile:

What course do you want to do?
Reply 213

If you really really really want to boost your UMS mark up just to increase our chances of an A, then re-take.

I'd agree, because the time you spend on the retake will divert time away from Unit 5. I suppose it also depends on which unit you'd resit - what did you get in BIOL4?
Original post by erniiee
I'd agree, because the time you spend on the retake will divert time away from Unit 5. I suppose it also depends on which unit you'd resit - what did you get in BIOL4?

78 I've sent off for a remark to try and boost up the ums :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I get AAA ill do gap year medicine :smile: and also my school have been scaring us with how last year most people bombed on unit 5 ... Hby what course are you gonna do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone on here done the genetics ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody got any advice on how to best prepare for unit 5? Resitting unit 2 aswell at the same time to bank me some UMS. Need an A as well for medicine, I've gotten A's in all my exams in biology, but its a bit borderline at the moment as I only got 82/100 on unit 4. Don't know where it went wrong.
Biol1 - 76
Biol2 - 120
How about you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biol 1 - 63 :/

Biol 2 - 123

Well pissed with the biol 1 result man.

I bet you must have been shocked with biol1, I thought you would have scored higher in it!
Original post by James A
Biol 1 - 63 :/

Biol 2 - 123

Well pissed with the biol 1 result man.

I bet you must have been shocked with biol1, I thought you would have scored higher in it!

Yeah the grade boundaries were so low as well , tbh I'm gonna see how my bio4 remark comes back and if I go higher ill submit one for bio1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending