The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The irony is that the OP also expects the man to be the one who initiates initially and is the one leading on the date; characteristics not synonymous with 'shy' and 'quiet' guys.

Women logic right there for you.
Reply 61
Original post by daniigrace
that describes most of my male friends, give or take the very introverted part

yeh you've friend-zoned them haha. Just joking I hate the constant mention of this so called friend-zone on TSR, just couldn't resist.
obviously havent met me
Original post by fat_hobbit
Yes - they are the boys that you've put in the friends zone. :smile:

Haha! Were you inspired by my response in the other thread! I got negged for that, looks like its the same for you.
Original post by sarah_22_16
Yes but if they are so reserved then maybe it is not because they have been put in the friend zone but are just too shy too approach. That was my thinking anyway.

Like if girls never approach guys. If the girl has the hots for the guy, she finds a way to chat to him. Seen it happen so many times, and it has happened to me a few times.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Maid Marian
Somebody who is:

-Quiet
-Shy
-Nice person
-Not shallow
-Very introverted

I can't find ANY boys like this, do they exist? :wink: (Yes, I was inspired by that other thread).

This would be my dream guy... sigh.

I don't quite understand why you'd want a guy who is quiet, shy and introverted and I'm not sure why all the guys are replying saying they fit this bill! Obviously the nice person and not shallow parts I understand.

Wouldn't you want someone who can share nice, interesting conversation with you, flirt with you, make you smile with jokes, share some light banter occassionally, talk to your friends and family well when you introduce him to them, cheer you up when you're down and in general be lots of fun to be around. If he's shy, very introverted and quiet, its unlikely he'd do these things very well. Just a thought!
Original post by Prune.
bet they're all hideous though.

People like you are why our generation purely revolves around how good looking someone is and not much more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why on earth wouldnt they exist, who have you been hanging out with?!
Original post by superduper9
I don't quite understand why you'd want a guy who is quiet, shy and introverted and I'm not sure why all the guys are replying saying they fit this bill! Obviously the nice person and not shallow parts I understand.

Wouldn't you want someone who can share nice, interesting conversation with you, flirt with you, make you smile with jokes, share some light banter occassionally, talk to your friends and family well when you introduce him to them, cheer you up when you're down and in general be lots of fun to be around. If he's shy, very introverted and quiet, its unlikely he'd do these things very well. Just a thought!

I think it's rather evident that just because people have those characteristics, it doesn't mean that they can't be all of the things you mentioned when comfortable around someone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
As in, they wouldn't consider a girl because she wasn't pretty enough for them.

Well that criteria fits me then, unless the girl was really hideous. Looks are important to some extent.
I fit that, except for shy (I'm just quiet, not shy) and very introverted (introverted but not 'very'). I don't think you really want someone who's very introverted.
Reply 71

I think you're wrong, as I'd say I fit that criteria but it is mainly with new people, once you feel more comfortable it's fine.
Original post by McFlury
I think you're wrong, as I'd say I fit that criteria but it is mainly with new people, once you feel more comfortable it's fine.

+1

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope so... :moon:
Reply 74

Because ... I myself am very quiet and introverted, and I need someone the same. Sure, it would be nice to have someone who was chatty and all that you said, but frankly I can't attract people like that. I just want someone like me, someone on the same wavelength who I wouldn't have to pretend with.
Reply 75
Original post by pessimist
People like you are why our generation purely revolves around how good looking someone is and not much more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha cus I'm clearly being so serious.

But no, every boy like that I know is so socially inept that they arnt worth being with, no matter how nice they are. its all well and good wanting that in a guy but.. realistically its not always as good as its cracked up to be.

all I'm interested in in a guy is a sense of humor and an open mind. someone who can actually hold a conversation with, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that is what I find beautiful in a person so..
Original post by Prune.
haha cus I'm clearly being so serious.

But no, every boy like that I know is so socially inept that they arnt worth being with, no matter how nice they are. its all well and good wanting that in a guy but.. realistically its not always as good as its cracked up to be.

all I'm interested in in a guy is a sense of humor and an open mind. someone who can actually hold a conversation with, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that is what I find beautiful in a person so..

Exactly my point. You're an example of what's wrong with our generation, in my eyes. Blatantly labelling a number of people in this thread as "hideous" just about concludes my opinions on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Prune.

It depends how severely quiet and nervous they are, what you're talking about sounds like it's crippling these people and they don't dare talk to people.
Reply 78
Why seek a relationship where there is mutual satisfaction, gratification, identification? Happiness does not come when you are striving for it. Yes, you may be quiet, shy, but try not to establish a relationship in spite of this; otherwise your relationship with a boyfriend, husband, will be so superficial, limited and circumscribed.
Reply 79
Somebody who is:

-Quiet
-Shy
-Nice person
-Not shallow
-Very introverted

I can't find ANY boys like this, do they exist? :wink: (Yes, I was inspired by that other thread).

This would be my dream guy... sigh.

Well here I am :wink: But seriously I do possess those qualities plus I'm cute/good looking so girls are suprised to meet a guy like myself.

Don't worry OP you will find that guy one day!
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending