The Student Room Group

North Korea Threatens 'Merciless' Retaliation.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RevolutionIsNear!
Lose the question mark, then you're saying something sensible.

i am an idiot????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ( to be continued with 1 billion more question marks because i am not an idiot u are)
Reply 61
Original post by HumanSupremacist
This, just in:

http://news.sky.com/story/1064052/north-korea-threatens-merciless-retaliation

Do you think North Korea will follow through this time?

Will there be a grave escalation?

Are we all in danger?

Or is this just empty rhetoric?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21751226

Going to assume empty rhetoric since they made the same threat in 2009.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by study beats
experience? LMAO, says this fool like he works in the military or something...keyboard warrior u are

You're not very bright, are you?

You completely missed the point of that quote. With that I bid you farewell and hope you enjoy our deluded dumbassery.
Reply 63
Original post by Casserole
It's not North Korea, it's just one little fat dictator. The rest of North Korea just want peace... or more pressingly, food.

He doesn't even look like a leader, he looks like he should be playing call of duty, not leading a country with nuclear weapons. Who knows what NK are or aren't going to do, they're absolutely crazy, maybe they do think they can take on the rest of the world:rolleyes:

But yeah, its a shame mad dictators like this one can't focus their attentions on his starving and suffering people, rather than pointless warmongering.
Reply 64
north korea and its new allies would accompany it in wiping out USA and its allies...

ur not thinking straight are you? have you seen how many countries hate america? and those countries have strong militataries and nuclear weapons....surely if america tried doing anything to north korea, then other countries will see it as an opportunity to attack america and defend north korea...

wipe out north korea in a week...pffft, yeah right my ass they will

Lol typical anti american, I bet you cried when hugo chavez died.

The US is the most powerful country on the planet, no other nation can match it. Its force projection means it can wage war anywhere on the planet in a matter of hours.

No one would dare try to take on the US in an all out war. North korea is a sad pathetic dictatorship which is nearing its end. Good riddance.
Reply 65
South Korea could beat North Korea, without the US and Japan getting involved.

The South is much more powerful than the North. I do wonder what the spirit de corps of the North Korean soldiers would be if a war ever did break out, I can't see them being organised or motivated at all.
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Lol typical anti american, I bet you cried when hugo chavez died.

The US is the most powerful country on the planet, no other nation can match it. Its force projection means it can wage war anywhere on the planet in a matter of hours.

No one would dare try to take on the US in an all out war. North korea is a sad pathetic dictatorship which is nearing its end. Good riddance.

Pffft, I bet any good unification between a few counties could wipe out America by working together....I agree that America is a powerful nation, but they can also be easily taken down with the right strategy and right war plan
Reply 67
Pffft, I bet any good unification between a few counties could wipe out America by working together....I agree that America is a powerful nation, but they can also be easily taken down with the right strategy and right war plan

It would take a number of them banding together and attacking on all fronts. And having the element of surprise. And taking out the countries that would side with the US.
And it still wouldn't be anywhere near 'easy'.

None of which is likely this side of a game of Risk.
Original post by Drewski
It would take a number of them banding together and attacking on all fronts. And having the element of surprise. And taking out the countries that would side with the US.
And it still wouldn't be anywhere near 'easy'.

None of which is likely this side of a game of Risk.

Naaah I don't think its hard to take down an ignorant country.....form a good team cohesion between 2-3 countries and America can be easily overtaken and Americas own citizens will destroy the country itself making the job easier...

Americans are not the most smartest and most technological people on the planet, there's other people as well who would be happy to assisst in taking America down..,.

Japan is so small compared to America yet they managed to cause harm to their military, Imagine what 2-3 ruthless countries could do to america ...

Arguing now is pointless
Reply 69
Arguing now is pointless

First and only sensible thing you've said all thread.
Reply 70
They won't do anything, it's mainly because they are fed up of America that they are trying to warn them from doing anything. (only my opinion)
A war between north and south Korea would be interesting, I wouldn't write of north as some have done here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is how I imagine the US views this (Ignore the whole Dr Evil bit, it's the US cabinet's reaction)

I'd like to think Kim Jong Un isn't stupid enough to launch his entire country in a suicide attack. He's living the good life, why throw it all away? It's just threats for propaganda within the country and to try and extract a better deal from North Korea's enemies when it comes to talks.
Original post by Patriot Rich
This is how I imagine the US views this (Ignore the whole Dr Evil bit, it's the US cabinet's reaction)

I'd like to think Kim Jong Un isn't stupid enough to launch his entire country in a suicide attack. He's living the good life, why throw it all away? It's just threats for propaganda within the country and to try and extract a better deal from North Korea's enemies when it comes to talks.

How will a well planned invasion of south Korea be a suicide attack?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by TheFrozenLake.

Because if they start it, the war will not finish until there's no longer a North Korean government. And because it's not going to be North vs South, it'll be North vs South + USA + elements of Japan and poss the rest of the world.
Since NK's armed forces, while mahoosive, are stationed in the 1950s and have the capabilities to match. A land battle will be gruesome and slow. Every other part of the battle will be a whitewash.
if america tries anything stupid...then i would say there are atleast 5 countries waiting to nuke the USA...

so its not only north korea who would get battered

So given there are 9 countries in the world with nukes, and the US is one so that's out. Leaving Israel...doubtful, NK being another so that leaves 6 - I'm gonna guess the UK isn't going to nuke the US either.

So basically you're saying France, India, Pakistan, Russia and China are going to nuke the US if the US "tries anything stupid".

Yes, I see how that makes sense. :yes:
Original post by TheFrozenLake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's the best case scenario I can think of for the North.

1) North Korean artillery as well as their limited nuclear weapons potential trash South Korea, especially nearby Seoul.
2) The North Korean invasion would stall against the Southern/American defences along the DMZ
3) This buys time for the US fleet in Japan to launch planes, rockets and whatever and flatten the Northern attack. The Northern airforce is swept out of the sky giving the US and SK complete air control
4) The US and Korea cross the DMZ, swotting aside the mass of North Korean troops who have been disorientated by the heavy bombardment.
5) Pyongyang is bombed and landed in by special forces. China watches, perhaps condemns what's going on, but doesn't care enough about its annoying ally to do much.
Reply 77
Original post by Patriot Rich
Here's the best case scenario I can think of for the North.

1) North Korean artillery as well as their limited nuclear weapons potential trash South Korea, especially nearby Seoul.
2) The North Korean invasion would stall against the Southern/American defences along the DMZ
3) This buys time for the US fleet in Japan to launch planes, rockets and whatever and flatten the Northern attack. The Northern airforce is swept out of the sky giving the US and SK complete air control
4) The US and Korea cross the DMZ, swotting aside the mass of North Korean troops who have been disorientated by the heavy bombardment.
5) Pyongyang is bombed and landed in by special forces. China watches, perhaps condemns what's going on, but doesn't care enough about its annoying ally to do much.

Don't forget, the south has the technology to clear the minefields on the DMZ, while the north does not. Also I suspect that China would rather take over North Korea themselves than let anyone else do it, so I wouldn't rule out a very large and rapid invasion from the north, where the fortifications a designed to keep people in not out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by USRaphael
So given there are 9 countries in the world with nukes, and the US is one so that's out. Leaving Israel...doubtful, NK being another so that leaves 6 - I'm gonna guess the UK isn't going to nuke the US either.

So basically you're saying France, India, Pakistan, Russia and China are going to nuke the US if the US "tries anything stupid".

Yes, I see how that makes sense. :yes:

Maybe not Russia?

But china has very good connections with Pakistan and India, so these 3 countries will keep an eye out on America
Maybe not Russia?

But china has very good connections with Pakistan and India, so these 3 countries will keep an eye out on America

India, that key protector of North Korea?

Where were the Pakistan nukes when the US invaded Iraq?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending