The Student Room Group

Re-sits after leaving college

I was wondering if anyone could help me on behalf of a friend. My friend has left college last year and plans to retake a module in June in order to get their conditional offer grades for University.

Assuming that the overall grade that they achieve increases, will this grade be sent to the University that they have firmed when results are released to the Universities or will they have to inform the University themselves?

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!
(edited 11 years ago)
It depends whether they completed their application correctly.

Any retakes should have been entered as a pending grade with the centre number of the college/centre that they're resitting at.

If this wasn't done then UCAS won't match the results to their application.

UCAS can add qualifications as long as you contact them by the end of July (but sooner would be better).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It depends whether they completed their application correctly.

Any retakes should have been entered as a pending grade with the centre number of the college/centre that they're resitting at.

If this wasn't done then UCAS won't match the results to their application.

UCAS can add qualifications as long as you contact them by the end of July (but sooner would be better).

Thank you so much for your help. Will they need to inform their firm choice University as well?
Original post by apple1
Thank you so much for your help. Will they need to inform their firm choice University as well?

It's best to ask UCAS when calling them whether they think you need to inform universities too. If the changes are fairly superficial (ie just adjusting dates if results) then often it isn't necessary because they'll be notified by UCAS but it's also generally a good idea to keep universities in the loop. Getting written confirmation from your firm and insurance prior to results day to say that they're aware that your exam results dates have been amended will avoid them being able to reject you on a technicality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending