The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by I Giorni
He's indian, not arab

It's all the same to me.
Arab guys are beautiful. The ones I know, anyway. Especially Iraqis and Moroccans
It's a little bit worrying that even somewhere like TSR can't get past the confusion between Asians, Muslims and Arabs...

Original post by beansontoast93

Turkish actor Kivanc Tatilug:

Even the Moroccan football player Marouane Chamkh is quite attractive:

Turks aren't Arabs, Morocans are more Berber than anything but the culture is Arab.

Original post by alwaysrepetitive
My boyfriend has an Iranian Mum and an African Dad, and he is fiiiiiiiiiine.
I'd definately consider dating someone with Iraqi parents, and I'm a British girl.

He kinda looks like this:
12721053-handsome-middle-eastern-man.jpg

Please don't worry, I find arab men very attractive and I am sure many girls do!

Iranians aren't Arabs.

Original post by Syrokal
Not really, I don't know why ive always preferred either the stereotypical feminine looking Asian man, or the muscle Eureopean/American Model look.

Arab men don't really do anything for me im afraid.

Edit: well except Sendhil Ramamurthy, id let that man do anything to me. MV5BMjE4NDI2MTQ1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA1NTM5MQ@@._V1._SY314_CR12,0,214,314_.jpg

Sendhil Ramamurthy is Indian.
Reply 23
Original post by talon1579

Sendhil Ramamurthy is Indian.

So I have been told..and as I said before.

It's all the same to me.
I tend to go for British/northern

Marouane-Chamakh1.jpg
marouane+chamakh.jpg
72772.jpg
chamakh_1648698a.jpg

He should buzz his hair tbh, seems to be thinning. With his features he can pull it off too.
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Arab guys are beautiful. The ones I know, anyway. Especially Iraqis and Moroccans

yeah they tend to have strong/refined features.

Im not gay btw.:wink:
Lol, in this thread: All South asians, Arabs and Iranians are the same race. :rolleyes:
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Lol, in this thread: All South asians, Arabs and Iranians are the same race. :rolleyes:

This. The amount of ignorance in this thread is staggering.
I tend to go for British/northern European guys tbh, mostly beacuse I'm not fully European and I think opposites attract. But of course there are middle eastern/arab men who are very good looking. For example:

Turkish actor Kivanc Tatilug:
mohanad_01.jpg
10567_0.jpg
Kivanc_Tatlitug_as_Enver_Walsh.jpg
xy5z51a7.jpg
Kivanc+Tatlitug+Turkish+Male+Model.jpg
24930131688004864634.jpg

So you generously grant that some arabs are good looking, by choosing a non-arab as an example who basically looks European...?

Marouane-Chamakh1.jpg
marouane+chamakh.jpg
72772.jpg
chamakh_1648698a.jpg

Even? Gosh you really are generous.
Original post by milesofsea
So you generously grant that some arabs are good looking, by choosing a non-arab as an example who basically looks European...?

Even? Gosh you really are generous.

I'm half Moroccan myself. I'm also a quarter Indian and a quarter Scandinavian. I have my own personal tastes, lots of middle eastern/Arab men are very handsome of course, but it's just I tend to be more attracted to European men. The more middle eastern looking Arab men of course are also good looking to many women, but I just tend to prefer British men.
I love how everyone has just assumed that middle eastern = arab.
Reply 31
I think you're disgusting to be proudly telling people that you're not religious. Are you desperate?
I find Arabs attractive but I'd rather marry one who lives in an Arabic country rather than a Western born Arab especially if they're like you, losing their morals so quickly..
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm half Moroccan myself. I'm also a quarter Indian and a quarter Scandinavian. I have my own personal tastes, lots of middle eastern/Arab men are very handsome of course, but it's just I tend to be more attracted to European men. The more middle eastern looking Arab men of course are also good looking to many women, but I just tend to prefer British men.

That's fine that you have tastes, (and btw your origins have no impact on what it's acceptable to insinuate). I'm not offended because I'm personally not an arab man, there's no need to try to justify yourself.

What is ridiculous though is the people replying to the thread with examples of men who are hardly arab (the half Austrian etc), where they might as well say 'no'. Of course the nature of the thread's question itself is stupid, so anyone seriously answering it is agreeing to the terms of a stupid question and being equally stupid.

And that's ignoring the matter of the geographical difficulties people are having here.
Sensible posts please, if you want to go debate about crime and what is Asian or Indian etc take it over to Debate and Current Affairs, Health and the Relationships is not the place to have a debate about this.
Original post by milesofsea
That's fine that you have tastes, (and btw your origins have no impact on what it's acceptable to insinuate). I'm not offended because I'm personally not an arab man, there's no need to try to justify yourself.

What is ridiculous though is the people replying to the thread with examples of men who are hardly arab (the half Austrian etc), where they might as well say 'no'. Of course the nature of the thread's question itself is stupid, so anyone seriously answering it is agreeing to the terms of a stupid question and being equally stupid.

And that's ignoring the matter of the geographical difficulties people are having here.

the thing is though, the Turkish man I posted is actually quite typical of a lot of Turks. He is fully Turkish, actually he is from the south of Turkey. I know a lot of Turkish people (one of my best friends is Turkish) and many of them have the light hair/light eyes/pale skin. Hazel eyes are extremely common amongst them, as is the pale skin and light hair. Blue eyes, maybe not as common but many of them still have blue eyes. Part of Turkey is in Europe so it's hardly surprising. But it's still considered a part of the middle east, as is Iraq. Not all middle eastern people fit a stereotypical mold of what is considered 'arab' or middle eastern feautures. My father is Berber, but tbh I look mostly southern European, like Sicillian maybe, or even Hispanic. Not all middle easterners look the same, it's a very diverse and mixed place.
Reply 35
Original post by Syrokal
Not really, I don't know why ive always preferred either the stereotypical feminine looking Asian man, or the muscle Eureopean/American Model look.

Arab men don't really do anything for me im afraid.

Edit: well except Sendhil Ramamurthy, id let that man do anything to me. MV5BMjE4NDI2MTQ1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA1NTM5MQ@@._V1._SY314_CR12,0,214,314_.jpg

Hes not Arab hes black...
Original post by Ali-Iraq94
Hello guys, as the question says, do you girls living in the western countries find us iraqi men attractive? Would you consider dating one?
I myself am an Iraqi Swede (Does that make sense?) living in Stockholm in Sweden, and I was born and raised there. My parents are both Iraqi hence why I look Iraqi.
So I was wondering if you find us attractive and just in general what you think about us. In Sweden the ethnic swedes have this idea that arabic women are oppressed and that we men basically treat them like crap.
(Which of course is not true!).
There is also this idea that Iraqis and arab men in general, view western women as loose and date them with the intention of only wanting to have sex with them, and then they run back home and marry the virgin girl.
I have to admit that this is true, but does not apply to all of us especially if we were born and raised in a western country.
I am a muslim, albeit not very religious, and I personally couldn´t care less from which country she is from, and even though I would prefer that she is a virgin, if I love her, I would most likely be able to look beyond it.
Also I am of the belief that whenever you enter a relationship you should always be hoping that it lasts forever and that one day it will lead to marriage, right?

P.S. The question could be expanded to encompass arabs in general if you don´t haven´t met any iraqis since we are very much alike.

Looking forward to receiving answers from you :biggrin:

Hey, I never realised you lived in Sweden, snacka du Svenska? I was born there and my grandmother is Swedish :biggrin:
Original post by Democracy
Iranians aren't Arabs so unless his dad's from Egypt or somewhere...

To answer the question, most girls aren't fussed either way.

From my experience I find Iraqis and Iranians look indistinguishable from each other. They may speak different languages but they have a shared ancestory. I have been to both countries and met many people from both countries. Of course Iraq is a multi-ethnic nation and you can get all sorts of people but the majority look like Iranians to me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mazy95
I think you're disgusting to be proudly telling people that you're not religious. Are you desperate?
I find Arabs attractive but I'd rather marry one who lives in an Arabic country rather than a Western born Arab especially if they're like you, losing their morals so quickly..

Religion =/= morals.
Original post by Some random guy
From my experience I find Iraqis and Iranians look indistinguishable from each other. They may speak different languages but they have a shared ancestory. I have been to both countries and met many people from both countries. Of course Iraqi is a multi-ethnic nation and you can get all sorts of people but the majority look like Iranians to me.

Er, not really - Arabs are Semites. Iranians are Indo-European.

Latest

Trending

Trending