The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Pharmacy with Foundation (5years)

Hi Everybody
Is there anybody in here chose or will be choosing Manchester's Pharmacy program with a foundation year(2013 entry)?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Ver_2013
Hi Everybody
Is there anybody in here chose or will be choosing the Pharmacy with foundation program for 2013 entry?

hi, ive got an offer from manchester for the foundation pharmacy
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by baigy94
hi, ive got an offer from manchester for the foundation pharmacy

Thanks for replying....

I am an international student and I am interested in Pharmacy.I heard that in order to recieve an offer,you have to do an online assessment? Was that the case with you?

BTW Congratulations on your offer.Wish you best of luck !
Reply 3
Thanks for replying....

I am an international student and I am interested in Pharmacy.I heard that in order to recieve an offer,you have to do an online assessment? Was that the case with you?

BTW Congratulations on your offer.Wish you best of luck !

I didnt have to do an online assessment, i think you will have to do one if your an international student though. Where are you from?
Reply 4
Original post by baigy94
I didnt have to do an online assessment, i think you will have to do one if your an international student though. Where are you from?

Egypt...What about you?
I am worried that IF I applied and got offer ,I won't be able to meet the grades?
What is your offer?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Egypt...What about you?
I am worried that IF I applied and got offer ,I won't be able to meet the grades?
What is your offer?

my offer is distinction in business, B in chemistry and C in biology. Pretty hard for a foundation year. Have u applied anywhere else?
Reply 6
Original post by baigy94
my offer is distinction in business, B in chemistry and C in biology. Pretty hard for a foundation year. Have u applied anywhere else?

Until now ..no. But don't you think that getting 70 % in Chemistry and Math in order to pass the foundation and get to year 1 of pharmacy is a hard task?
Reply 7
Until now ..no. But don't you think that getting 70 % in Chemistry and Math in order to pass the foundation and get to year 1 of pharmacy is a hard task?

Yes it's very hard that's why I've decided to go for biomedical science at de Montfort uni. They want 60% in order the get onto the first year of Pharmacy and they also have lower entry requirements for Biomedical science.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Original post by baigy94
Yes it's very hard that's why I've decided to go for biomedical science at de Montfort uni. They want 60% in order the get onto the first year of Pharmacy and they also have lower entry requirements for Biomedical science.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

and why do you think it is too hard? how is the 70% divided?is it all based on examinations? I am not familiar with the UK exam's system.
Biomedical science? but I think there are other easier foundation programmes (mostly for international students) that can get to Pharmacy school upon a successful year completion? Are you home student or international student?

Quick Reply

Latest