The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BooksOfWonder
Not in Paris! * Je n'aime pas Paris! * In Corsica they don't really pronunce the end of some words and they really accentuate. * J'habitais sur le continent avant, dans les Alpes!

Mais les parisiens, est-ce qu'ils ne sont pas les plus romantiques etc? :P hahaha, je devrai rechercher plus ça. :P est-ce qu'il est aussi drôle que l'accent québécois ? (Mais je m'aime quand-même ça :P)
Original post by constantmeowage
Mais les parisiens, est-ce qu'ils ne sont pas les plus romantiques etc? :P hahaha, je devrai rechercher plus ça. :P est-ce qu'il est aussi drôle que l'accent québécois ? (Mais je m'aime quand-même ça :P)

Non, les parisiens ne sont pas plus romantiques xD * It is a cliché! * Non, l'accent Québécois est vraiment rigolo! Le Corse est différent!
Non, les parisiens ne sont pas plus romantiques xD * It is a cliché! * Non, l'accent Québécois est vraiment rigolo! Le Corse est différent!

:frown: j'ai entendu que les parisiens n'aiment pas ça quand quelqu'un étranger 'meurtre' leur langues, mais j'sais pas si c'est vrai :P
:frown: j'ai entendu que les parisiens n'aiment pas ça quand quelqu'un étranger 'meurtre' leur langues, mais j'sais pas si c'est vrai :P

I don't think that's true...
Reply 104
Anyone on here who's learnt multiple languages (I don't mean as child), how do you go about thinking in that language? Currently I'm studying medicine in Czech Republic and they teach the course in English but they are also giving us Czech language classes so that we can speak to patients by 4th year (I'm in my 1st).

At the moment, if I hear a question in Czech, this is what happens in my mind:
Hear Czech --> translate to English --> think of response in English --> translate to Czech --> speak in Czech.

Now obviously that's a really long process and highly inefficient but I just wanted to know that how is it possible for the flow chart above to be cut down to just:
Hear Czech --> speak in Czech?

I don't want to translate it into my mother tongue, I just want to know what is being said as soon as I hear it without having to think about. I've heard that it's not as if you keep learning more and more of the language and one day you are magically able to think in that language, but that it's more difficult than that.

Anyone got any tips?
Original post by qasidb
Anyone on here who's learnt multiple languages (I don't mean as child), how do you go about thinking in that language? Currently I'm studying medicine in Czech Republic and they teach the course in English but they are also giving us Czech language classes so that we can speak to patients by 4th year (I'm in my 1st).

At the moment, if I hear a question in Czech, this is what happens in my mind:
Hear Czech --> translate to English --> think of response in English --> translate to Czech --> speak in Czech.

Now obviously that's a really long process and highly inefficient but I just wanted to know that how is it possible for the flow chart above to be cut down to just:
Hear Czech --> speak in Czech?

I don't want to translate it into my mother tongue, I just want to know what is being said as soon as I hear it without having to think about. I've heard that it's not as if you keep learning more and more of the language and one day you are magically able to think in that language, but that it's more difficult than that.

Anyone got any tips?

Try to familiarize with the language, watch TV with subtitles in the language, read books. Even if you don't understand everything, it's fine! But it will help you! Also, the more you will talk and spend time with native speaker, the more it will come easily to you!
I hope it helps!
I don't think that's true...

Good! I don't want people to hate me for not pronouncing my Ts on feminine adjectival endings :tongue:
Danke :colondollar: könntest du mir bitte die Fehler erklären, die ich gemacht habe? :smile: Ich habe gerade eben einen Fehler gefunden (,zu klein sind' :angry::angry:), gibt's andere Fehler?

Natürlich! Hier ist was du zum ersten Mal geschrieben hast:

"Und natürlich fühle ich mich ganz besorgt, dass meine Deutschkenntnisse zu klein sind, um gute Note in August zu bekommen.

Zu viele Sprachen. :P"

Ich würde persönlich "dass mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist" schreiben. Wenn du den Wort "Deutschkenntnisse" benutzen möchtest, dann wäre es besser mit "dass meine Deutschkenntnisse zu wenig sind"

Dann der zweite Fehler: Im letztem Teil sollte man "um eine Gute Note..." schreiben :smile:
Reply 108
La nostra classe di Italiano dobbiamo insegnere 3,000+ parole da un libretto per nostri esami nel giugno... ho imparato/ho ricordato 150-200 parole nelle mie lezioni ieri e oggi!! :biggrin: Sono molto contento!
Original post by Floydacious
Natürlich! Hier ist was du zum ersten Mal geschrieben hast:

"Und natürlich fühle ich mich ganz besorgt, dass meine Deutschkenntnisse zu klein sind, um gute Note in August zu bekommen.

Zu viele Sprachen. :P"

Ich würde persönlich "dass mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist" schreiben. Wenn du den Wort "Deutschkenntnisse" benutzen möchtest, dann wäre es besser mit "dass meine Deutschkenntnisse zu wenig sind"

Dann der zweite Fehler: Im letztem Teil sollte man "um eine Gute Note..." schreiben :smile:

Ah, ich verstehe jetzt, warum man 'wenig' benutzen würde :smile: ('I have too few knowledges of German', not 'too small' :P). Und danke :smile: ich werde mich hoffentlich in Mai bei der mündlichen Prüfung ein bisschen besser ausdrücken. :smile:
Original post by EmilyJayne14
La nostra classe di Italiano dobbiamo insegnere 3,000+ parole da un libretto per nostri esami nel giugno... ho imparato/ho ricordato 150-200 parole nelle mie lezioni ieri e oggi!! :biggrin: Sono molto contento!

Congratulazione!
I speak Saesneg a Cymraeg yn unig mais Je parler un peu de Francais og Jeg er lærer et litt Norsk.
Hola a todos! Yo puedo hablar espanol, ingles, urdu y mirpuri punjabi!

Je comprends un peu francais, e tambem um pouco de portugues.

Yeh thread mujhe bohot zabardast lag raha hai!

Fascinating stuff! :smile:
Reply 113
Hello everyone :smile:

Mi povas paroli Esperanton, un peu de français (je l'étudie comme A Level), y un poco español tambien

Hopefully I can start to learn German in the near future
Original post by Giant
Hello everyone :smile:

Mi povas paroli Esperanton, un peu de français (je l'étudie comme A Level), y un poco español tambien

Hopefully I can start to learn German in the near future

There are a few Esperanto learners :biggrin:

Nous pouvons apprendre l'allemand * together
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 115
Original post by L'Evil Fish
There are a few Esperanto learners :biggrin:

Nous pouvons apprendre l'allemand * together

Haha bien sûr,

Sabe como comenzar aprenderlo?

À mon avis, il vaudrait mieux l'apprender en utilisant "Pimsleur" ou "Michel Thomas"

PS, I wouldn't call myself an Esperanto "learner", I had a brief fling with the language last year and have simply retained most of it due to it's simplicity :wink: It's worth learning tbh, it's given me a better control over French and has made learning Spanish a lot easier.
Original post by Giant
Haha bien sûr,

Sabe como comenzar aprenderlo?

À mon avis, il vaudrait mieux l'apprender en utilisant "Pimsleur" ou "Michel Thomas"

PS, I wouldn't call myself an Esperanto "learner", I had a brief fling with the language last year and have simply retained most of it due to it's simplicity :wink: It's worth learning tbh, it's given me a better control over French and has made learning Spanish a lot easier.

Je commencerai quand mon livre a été arrivé! :biggrin:

Hmmm.... I don't know how to start learning that!
Hallo alle!

Ich heiße Sophie und bin Englisch, aber ich kann auch Französisch, Deutsch, Chinesisch und Japanisch sprechen. Ich hab zur Abi Französisch und Deutsch gelernt aber ich muss zugeben, dass ich schon die Mehrheit von meiner Französisch vergessen hab. Jetzt bin ich an der Uni in Sheffield und studiere Chinesisch und Japanisch. Im August fahre ich nach Nanjing in China um dort zu studieren. Ich freu mich sehr darauf!

Ich hätte gern Spanisch und vielleicht Indonesisch lernen. Das wäre echt toll, glaube ich :smile:
Original post by super_kawaii
Hallo alle!

Ich heiße Sophie und bin Englisch, aber ich kann auch Französisch, Deutsch, Chinesisch und Japanisch sprechen. Ich hab zur Abi Französisch und Deutsch gelernt aber ich muss zugeben, dass ich schon die Mehrheit von meiner Französisch vergessen hab. Jetzt bin ich an der Uni in Sheffield und studiere Chinesisch und Japanisch. Im August fahre ich nach Nanjing in China um dort zu studieren. Ich freu mich sehr darauf!

Ich hätte gern Spanisch und vielleicht Indonesisch lernen. Das wäre echt toll, glaube ich :smile:

Herzlich Willkommen bei uns, Sophie :smile: Es freut mich, dich kennenzulernen :smile: Warum sprichst du immer noch Deutsch ganz gut? Et si j'écrivais tout en français, est-ce que tu ne pourrais rien comprendre ? Warum hast du entschieden, Japanisch und Chinesisch zu studieren? Sie sind ganz anders im Vergleich mit den ,sicheren’ europäischen Sprachen! :smile:

Willkommen! :smile:

(Tut mir leid, das ist kein Interview! :colondollar:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 119
こんばんは!

Latest