The Student Room Group

What happens if i am not allowed to do my dissertation?

Hi all, I am doing my taught Masters in Swansea University.. i got my first term marks which came out totally unexpected.. i failed in 4 (below tolerance) modules out of 5.. and i am not performing pretty well in term 2 also.. I feel like this course is way too beyond my horizon and so i should quit.. But i'd like to know, what happens if i quit now that is without doing my final dissertation? Does the university return some of my money back? considering i haven't finished the course..?
Reply 1
Original post by Chavez
Hi all, I am doing my taught Masters in Swansea University.. i got my first term marks which came out totally unexpected.. i failed in 4 (below tolerance) modules out of 5.. and i am not performing pretty well in term 2 also.. I feel like this course is way too beyond my horizon and so i should quit.. But i'd like to know, what happens if i quit now that is without doing my final dissertation? Does the university return some of my money back? considering i haven't finished the course..?

First, sorry to hear that, but it's probably better to leave and try another programme if you really feel like this...
I'm not sure whether you are a home student or not, but I do find this page on the uni website. And yes, you can get some of your money back :smile:

https://www.swan.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-funding/tuition-fees/refunds-policy/

Here's the regulations and stuff...
https://www.swan.ac.uk/careers/informationresources/changingorleavingyourcourse/

Good luck!!!
Reply 2
Thank u annette.. that was helpful..
Reply 3
Original post by Chavez
Thank u annette.. that was helpful..

No worries :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Chavez

Given your marks you will not be allowed to do your dissertation anyway. In fact, you will be lucky to graduate with a postgraduate diploma. If you have paid your tuition fees up front then you might get a small refund but I am a little more sceptical of this, because you will not complete the course for academic reasons. Either way your programme leader will have to sign you off so it is best to speak to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending