The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
Sometimes I really dislike Sir Alex Ferguson as a man utd fan. His decisions on not buying strong and robust midfielder are very bad . I mean look at dembele, how can you not sighn him up? he better than cleverley and anderson put together and most importantly is consistant in showing his qualities (unlike cleverly and anderson).
I mean Sir Alex is so picky, his philosophy is buying is Quality=Price of money. So the greater quality=greater price of player is. That has mainly worked out for him over the years, but HIS perception of a quality players varies. And I really do not know how a club like man utd have missed out on Dembele, he showed his quality in one of the last games of the season last year against man utd-and still he showed not interest-it's like why? I don't understand, are they slow to pick out quality players in their scouting system? Its like FFS.

Just imagine: Dembele---Carrick
-------- Kagawa--------

Best midfield contender of Europe potentially. Dembele with is his huge presence and carrick with his passing, leaving Kagawa to do what he wants.

Sometimes I want a younger manager like giggs to replace Sir Alex for the good of the club, I just find Sir alex is being very slow in everything (no disrespect to him), it is a fact of life-everyone gets old-he is not superman.
I think it will eventually effect Man Utd as a football club. I hope he is the first to recognise that and not someone telling him.

I've been doubting SAF the last couple of years too, with some of the transfers he makes and tactics he uses.

But after the tie against Madrid, I restored some faith in him. He showed that he can still get it tactically right (up until the red card when he should have made substitutions straight away). Although, that restored trust will probably disappear again once he signs another striker in the Summer and sells Nani.
Can never have enough strikers
Original post by Tommyjw
Can never have enough strikers

You score 5? Simple we score 8! :pierre:
Hodgson would have been seen to be vindicative if he hadn't brought Rio back when there is a clear need to and he has more than exceeded the questions he was asked, i.e playing regularly etc. I'm sure he'll do an awesome job and get the points needed in the qualifiers. SAF probably won't be too chuffed but glad that Rio never gave up when it might have been easy to walk away.
Original post by SirMasterKey
You score 5? Simple we score 8! :pierre:

How about you score none and we score 8?

Simple.
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
How about you score none and we score 8?

Simple.

We'll have at least 6/7 forwards. Lots of empty space so we will concede. :pierre:
We often score six but we seldom score ten? :wink:
Can you play a 2-0-8 please?
Reply 2048
Would have been Galatasary. Well that's ****ing annoying :colonhash:
Original post by Louis.

Knowning our luck with draws, it would have been Barca/ Bayern. Also, SSN saying De Gea been called up for the Spain squad.
De Gea deserves his call up.

The Lewandowski rumours just won't go away
Original post by samiz20891
Knowning our luck with draws, it would have been Barca/ Bayern. Also, SSN saying De Gea been called up for the Spain squad.

Its about time hes been picked. Deserves it.
Original post by Malevolent
Its about time hes been picked. Deserves it.

Tbh, I can't see why he wouldn't be picked this time. He's in great form. Also, Casillas isn't fully recovered yet, Reina not been in the best form either which leaves Valdes as the main three spainish keepers and I didn't see Marino getting called up to the main squad.
Original post by Louis.

Not really, we already played them this season.
Tbh, I can't see why he wouldn't be picked this time. He's in great form. Also, Casillas isn't fully recovered yet, Reina not been in the best form either which leaves Valdes as the main three spainish keepers and I didn't see Marino getting called up to the main squad.

He should be ahead of Reina and Valdes anyway. Valdes is absolutely balls and this is coming from a Barcelona fan. Reina nothing special for a season or two. Also as you said Casillas barely recovered so perfect time for De Gea.

Diego Lopez? Is he in the squad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommyjw
De Gea deserves his call up.

The Lewandowski rumours just won't go away

Hope not- although is it just me who would like to see Welbeck move out wide, which would leave space for another striker, would it be too much to ask for Falcao......?:tongue:
Original post by cheetahs56
Hope not- although is it just me who would like to see Welbeck move out wide, which would leave space for another striker, would it be too much to ask for Falcao......?:tongue:

Welbeck has spent the majority of his apps this season in the left/right roles.. which i guess have been managed well.. last season (in my opinion) he was asked to do an actual winger role too much, this season he isn't.

Literally the only way we bring in another striker is if one striker is sold, or at least one winger is sold and we move to make Welbeck a wide forward "permanently" so to speak.

Can't ever see Lewandowski playing with RvP though, they aren't different enough imo
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Welbeck has spent the majority of his apps this season in the left/right roles.. which i guess have been managed well.. last season (in my opinion) he was asked to do an actual winger role too much, this season he isn't.

Literally the only way we bring in another striker is if one striker is sold, or at least one winger is sold and we move to make Welbeck a wide forward "permanently" so to speak.

Can't ever see Lewandowski playing with RvP though, they aren't different enough imo

Well it looked like Nani was gonna leave, however he (seems) to be on the comeback trail. With Zaha coming it would most likely be Valencia who leaves? Can't see SAF selling Chicharito or Danny, so maybe depends if Rooney leaves. Lewa and RVP are both poacher sort of roles so they can't play together, if Rooney left it would maybe be Kagawa in the hole with one of them up-top, although I'm praying the Ronny rumours are true :moon:
Original post by jam277
Diego Lopez? Is he in the squad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I read it was De Gea, Valdes and Reina.

Latest