The Student Room Group

Dailymail readers are racist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2293411/Russia-police-force-Muslim-men-trim-beards-gunpoint.htm

Usually they hide behind the fact that the person they are attacking did something wrong...they haven't bothered this time, the man did nothing, but just look at the comments! :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just can't believe some of the comments on there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're judging the entire Daily Mail readership on 13 comments?

Disclaimer: I don't read the Daily Mail.
Reply 3
lol religion is a cancer to society and Islam is the worst of the lot but anyone who thinks it's acceptable to do that sort of thing for no reason whatsoever is a complete moron who needs a slap, I don't see how anyone could condone that sort of thing.
What do you expect from a bunch of people who read articles written by inbreds.
Does reading Mein Kampf make me Nazi? :holmes:
Reply 6
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
You're judging the entire Daily Mail readership on 13 comments?

Disclaimer: I don't read the Daily Mail.

No, like I said, they usually hide behind the fact that the person they are attacking did something wrong (in many, many articles), but even so it is usually very clear they are just racist. This time though, they didn't even try to do that, they straight out say it's good that some guy was humiliated simply because he was Muslim.
(edited 11 years ago)
They're also receiving loads of upvotes. :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Just one more example of the sickness created by the inventors of the current 'bogeyman'.
When are people going to wake up to the fact that they are just the latest scare to keep them doing what they are told, and paying for wars.
you could almost say this is old news
Reply 10
In other news, the sky is blue.
Crikey, I'm actually quite surprised. I don't normally buy into the whole "Daily Mail bashing" thing, but some of those comments were pretty nasty... Still, at least the editorial team lays out their position clearly at the bottom:

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

Never has a disclaimer been more essential!
Reply 12
To be fair, I do expect some nonsense on the DailyMail.........but I hadn't expected it to be to this extent of ignorance and stupidity.

We shouldn't worry too much, most of those commentators are keyboard warriors and hide behind there computer screens. And society doesn't stand for ugnorance and hate like they do and will be ignored.

Original post by whyumadtho
They're also receiving loads of upvotes. :s-smilie:

Yeah I was wondering the exact same thing...........

Plus where are the DM comment moderators, or does attacking Muslims for no reason is perfectly ok :rolleyes:
BS. Everyone on here always gets uptight when such generalisations are made, and says don't judge a whole group of people by the actions of a few, yet here apparently everyone that reads the DM is racist. Hypocritical or what?
Original post by Shabalala
lol religion is a cancer to society and Islam is the worst of the lot but anyone who thinks it's acceptable to do that sort of thing for no reason whatsoever is a complete moron who needs a slap, I don't see how anyone could condone that sort of thing.

This. Run out of rep unfortunately!
Reply 15
Original post by Shabalala

true, I didn't run out of rep haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by MissCellaneous94
BS. Everyone on here always gets uptight when such generalisations are made, and says don't judge a whole group of people by the actions of a few, yet here apparently everyone that reads the DM is racist. Hypocritical or what?

"From looking at many many online Dailymail articles, assuming racists don't comment more frequently than others, the majority of online dailymail readers are racist" would suck as a title.
Original post by TheGuy117
"From looking at many many online Dailymail articles, assuming racists don't comment more frequently than others, the majority of online dailymail readers are racist" would suck as a title.

Agreed.
Original post by TheGuy117

"A fair proportion of Daily Mail readers appear to be racist" would have been just as effective.

EDIT: This isn't my opinion - it's a stylistic suggestion, if you like!
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm not spotting the racism? They seem to have been made to shave of their beards either because the officers involved are Peter the Great fanboys or because they hate Islam, either way it had nothing to do with the race of the people involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending