The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Film napier

Hi did anyone apply to film at napier uni?

did you start your portfolio yet?

Denise
Reply 1
Hi!
Well, I did.
I started it two weeks ago. Let's hope I'll finish it!!

What about you? Have you already sent it?
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 2
were we not supposed to send it before the 5th of February? I have an interview on the 26th :smile: did you do the "person at work" short film?
Reply 3
Original post by deniseimuzzini
were we not supposed to send it before the 5th of February? I have an interview on the 26th :smile: did you do the "person at work" short film?

They asked me to do it for the 20th of March, probably because I sent my application later!
Anyway, I did it! Which job did you choose? Did you have any experience filming? (I didn't XD) What did they say to you?

Thank you for having answered :smile:
Reply 4
thank you for answer too!!! :biggrin: I live in the UK by my own (i'm from Milan,Italy) so I didn't know anyone, I asked to the friend of my father who lives here and I've filmed him, he designs engines and components for modem and so on, I've filmed him but it wasn't that good, If I were in Italy I would have filmed my mother who is a teacher, that would have been more interesting I guess. what did you do? :smile: and what film did you write the essay on? I wrote about "Requiem For A Dream" btw. I don't have experience either but I have reaaaaaaaally enjoyed filming and editing :biggrin:
Reply 5
I'm from Italy too, actually! I live in Treviglio, it's between Milan and Bergamo. Right now I'm saving money and I plan to come there in August. Well, it doesn't seem so bad, at all! I chose to film my mother, who is actually a Housewife. It's
quite a stange choise I guess! Let's hope it will be appreciated!
I wrote about "Il Riccio", a french film based on the book "L'eleganza del riccio". I didn't read the book, though ahahah.
I really enjoyed too, but I'm afraid that the result won't be so excellent, and that they won't accept me è.è

Where are you living at the moment?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
oh are you? that's nice, i'm from Milan, I came here last year as an exchange student and now i'm attending college. I think the idea to film your mother is nice, it is unusual but that's what it make is nice, I also thought about film someone who is unemployed and he's looking for a job. I hope we both enter, that would be nice! At the moment i'm living in a town near Edinburgh. my email il [email protected] if you want we can talk more via email or fb or whatever ahah :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hi guys!! Did you have the interview via phone or at the college?
I have a phone interview next week for BA Film...I would like to have a clue of what they're going to ask me.. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Neocim
Hi guys!! Did you have the interview via phone or at the college?
I have a phone interview next week for BA Film...I would like to have a clue of what they're going to ask me.. :smile:

Hi! I have sent my samples of work ten days ago and I m waiting for their answer!!
I d like to know as well aha
When did you send you samples?
Reply 9
Original post by Layra
Hi! I have sent my samples of work ten days ago and I m waiting for their answer!!
I d like to know as well aha
When did you send you samples?

My portfolio was sent the March 14 (via Google Drive)

And my essay was about the film Koyaanisqatsi.

I hope the telephone interview is not with a Scottish man...that accent scares me! xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi!!I had my telephone interview for the BA Film two days ago..

Finally,they offered me a place on the second year of the programme!!

If your'e interested, what they asked me on the interview was (more or less) :

Why you want to study film, which film directors inspires you (they seem to be interested on independent cinema), if have you read any film books, and they also asked me about the 90s shortfilm we had to send them and one of the videos I sent with my portfolio

Good luck!
Reply 11
Original post by Neocim
Hi!!I had my telephone interview for the BA Film two days ago..

Finally,they offered me a place on the second year of the programme!!

If your'e interested, what they asked me on the interview was (more or less) :

Why you want to study film, which film directors inspires you (they seem to be interested on independent cinema), if have you read any film books, and they also asked me about the 90s shortfilm we had to send them and one of the videos I sent with my portfolio

Good luck!

Hei,

May I ask how you got into second year? As I'd like to try the same.

Thanks,
A
Reply 12
I think they just liked my portfolio,the videos I sent them.
Also I told them that I studied Photography in another country,but they haven't check my scores or something like that
So not shure actually
I've asked the entry requirements for Master of Film. The requirements are so easy that seems unbelievable.
Moving images clip is acceptable for portfolio, not need a short film.
Will anyone apply for this course? Please tell me about its quality.
Thank you.
I've just sent my application! I wonder when I'll be asked to send my portfolio...
Hi, I've just received an interview for BA Film at Edinburgh Napier! Really excited.
Has anyone got any tips with regards to the type of questions asked and material to bring? This is my first choice and I really really want to go :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 16
Can you tell me more specifically what they told you ? On the course page it's not very clear .
Reply 17
Can you tell me more specifically what they told you about entry requirements for MA? It seems pretty general on the university site.

Quick Reply

Latest