The Student Room Group

Tea & Biscuits - To Dunk or Not to Dunk...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schichtoe
I wish I could tell you otherwise but yeah, pretty much. A world without tea is one I couldn't bear.

Fine then, this is the last time I speak to you! :wink:
Reply 61
DUNK! How can you not?
Drives my Mum insane though. I'm a rebel. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Fine then, this is the last time I speak to you! :wink:

:frown: Gonna have to go make myself a cup of tea and have some biscuits with it to get over the disappointment.

^^
:frown: Gonna have to go make myself a cup of tea and have some biscuits with it to get over the disappointment.

^^

Enjoy fueling your caffeine addiction. :smile: I have cake though, and cake is much better than biscuits.
Reply 64
Enjoy fueling your caffeine addiction. :smile: I have cake though, and cake is much better than biscuits.

Hm, I feel like that's a whole other debate. I love cake. ****ing love it. With tea though, I'm not sure they have the right texture to stand up to it.
Reply 65
Dunk everything. Digestives? Dunk. Bourbons? Dunk. Maryland cookies? Dunk. Custard creams? Dunk. Tea Biscuits? Now that's an easy one!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 66
I will make a cup of tea just to dunk my biscuits in!
Hm, I feel like that's a whole other debate. I love cake. ****ing love it. With tea though, I'm not sure they have the right texture to stand up to it.

It's a shame you can't have any of my cake then! :tongue:
Don't posh people have cake with tea when they have Afternoon Tea though?
The problem I have is I see how many dunks the biscuit will hold, and it is the last dunk when the biscuit breaks and turns into a soggy mess at the bottom of the tea that puts me off dunking, and for this reason; I dunk no more :frown:
Reply 69
DUNK!
But it should be a sturdy biscuit, like a hobnob - a malted milk just broke and splashed tea all over my maths homework :frown:
Dunk definitely!
Why would you... I just... Don't even... Why?!

Who wants a soggy biscuit that has potential falling to the bottom of the mug and ruining the tea?!

I have never understood why people dunk their biscuits.
Reply 72
It's a shame you can't have any of my cake then! :tongue:
Don't posh people have cake with tea when they have Afternoon Tea though?

They do, but I just don't think an eclair goes that well with a cup of tea. I'd sooner have a can of irn bru.
They do, but I just don't think an eclair goes that well with a cup of tea. I'd sooner have a can of irn bru.

Oh okay. :smile: I don't like Irn Bru either. Posting on here has made me realise how fussy I actually am.
Reply 74
Dunk Dunk Dunk
Reply 75
Oh okay. :smile: I don't like Irn Bru either. Posting on here has made me realise how fussy I actually am.

I thought you said you considered studying in Scotland? It's actually a pre-requisite. What happens here is when symptoms of extreme hangover are presented, irn bru is prescribed. It's like... it's our culture.
I thought you said you considered studying in Scotland? It's actually a pre-requisite. What happens here is when symptoms of extreme hangover are presented, irn bru is prescribed. It's like... it's our culture.

It would have been a wasted application then, wouldn't it. :tongue: I can't quite pin-point what is wrong with it, there's just something wrong...
In Wales, sheep shagging is our culture. :wink:
I love dunking! :h:
But you have to be careful not to dunk for too long otherwise you'll lose half the biscuit but for too short and the biscuit will not be softened and moistened enough.
It's a very fine art if you ask me! :biggrin:
Reply 78
Indeed it is an art form. If there hasn't already been a PhD thesis on the perfect dunkability then someone needs to do that. As soon as possible.

Firefox has red underlined 'dunkability' but that's definitely a word.
It depends on the biscuit. Normally I don't do it, but there are ones which I would dunk into tea.

Quick Reply

Latest