The Student Room Group

Annoying/Funny Eating Habbits?

Has anyone ever experienced anyone they know or just a random stranger doing somthing realy annoying or funny while eating?

In my current job I've noticed 2, from my colleagues, one which doesnt annoy me too much, its jus consistent, is a colleague munches REALY loud when eating crisps or biscuits, its like a man sized rabbit in the room

The second, and reason I made this thread lol, I turn around after hearing a noise and another colleague is leant really far forward over his desk, clawing, yes literally doing a claw like motion with his hand on a torn open bag of crisps and putting them into his mout realy fast then licking the fingers,

Aside from that the weirdest I seen was a drunk guy scooping a curry with his hands and ladeling it into his mouth, needless to say curry went everywere lol

Anyway I nearly laughed at the second, seemd like some mad animal gorging lol,

Is it just me or is this odd behaivour? and does anyone else find things like this amusing?

Feel free to share your experiences, or things you've seen lol
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LukeM90
Has anyone ever experienced anyone they know or just a random stranger doing somthing realy annoying or funny while eating?

In my current job I've noticed 2, from my colleagues, one which doesnt annoy me too much, its jus consistent, is a colleague munches REALY loud when eating crisps or biscuits, its like a man sized rabbit in the room

The second, and reason I made this thread lol, I turn around after hearing a noise and another colleague is leant really far forward over his desk, clawing, yes literally doing a claw like motion with his hand on a torn open bag of crisps and putting them into his mout realy fast then licking the fingers,

Aside from that the weirdest I seen was a drunk guy scooping a curry with his hands and ladeling it into his mouth, needless to say curry went everywere lol

Anyway I nearly laughed at the second, seemd like some mad animal gorging lol,

Feel free to share your experiences, or things you've seen lol

I do a few odd things when I eat. I always cut the ends off of chips and just eat the mid section. When I bite into a biscuit I tap it and flick crumbs off like you would a cigarette and when I bite crisps I put a little bit of the crisp and then pull it upwards instead of just biting it :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by smudge_moon
I do a few odd things when I eat. I always cut the ends off of chips and just eat the mid section. When I bite into a biscuit I tap it and flick crumbs off like you would a cigarette and when I bite crisps I put a little bit of the crisp and then pull it upwards instead of just biting it :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol out of interest do you smoke? just wondering about that biscuit habbit lol, the only thing I know I do (as far as im aware) is I like making things into sandwhich type foods like surrounded by bread, or slices of potato, putting food into a yorkshire pudding and so forth,

Usually gets messy n stuf spilling everywhere lol
People always tell me that I dissect my food into bits and inspect it, then take ages to eat :/ I have never noticed myself do this.

But then I'm a bit weird with food. There's loads of stuff that I don't eat, and lots of food that I can't mix, and I can't have certain foods touching on the plate.

If I go over to someone's house for dinner I majorly freak out. Sometimes I can't even relax until the whole meal is over, just in they bring out some food surprises :lol:

Yes, I'm a weirdo :K:
I always find it funny when people stick a whole digestive in their mouth. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by StartSomething
People always tell me that I dissect my food into bits and inspect it, then take ages to eat :/ I have never noticed myself do this.

But then I'm a bit weird with food. There's loads of stuff that I don't eat, and lots of food that I can't mix, and I can't have certain foods touching on the plate.

If I go over to someone's house for dinner I majorly freak out. Sometimes I can't even relax until the whole meal is over, just in they bring out some food surprises :lol:

Sounds like my girlfriend, she has a food aversion (think you call it) and she cant eat certain things or wont unless theyr done in a certain way or so forth,

When she comes round to mine I have to make her meals seperate or she feels mass anxiety :/

I wouldnt say thats funny though, luckily it doesnt annoy me xD
Original post by LukeM90
lol out of interest do you smoke? just wondering about that biscuit habbit lol, the only thing I know I do (as far as im aware) is I like making things into sandwhich type foods like surrounded by bread, or slices of potato, putting food into a yorkshire pudding and so forth,

Usually gets messy n stuf spilling everywhere lol

I smoke on and off.i wouldn't say it's an addiction as I can go like a year without wanting one, and ill go hmmm I could do with one now :L I just like smoking sometimes :L I do the Yorkshire pudding thing, everything has to go in there like a little bowl :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by smudge_moon
I smoke on and off.i wouldn't say it's an addiction as I can go like a year without wanting one, and ill go hmmm I could do with one now :L I just like smoking sometimes :L I do the Yorkshire pudding thing, everything has to go in there like a little bowl :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol yes! i use to pile stuf in there then top it with mash like a little pie lol
Original post by LukeM90
Sounds like my girlfriend, she has a food aversion (think you call it) and she cant eat certain things or wont unless theyr done in a certain way or so forth,

When she comes round to mine I have to make her meals seperate or she feels mass anxiety :/

I wouldnt say thats funny though, luckily it doesnt annoy me xD

Well it seems to amuse other people!
Reply 9
Original post by StartSomething

I do this! I always take small pieces of things, and I will not eat something if it has some sort of blemish that I don't like the look of.

I don't eat most food, so I'm always a problem when getting food anywhere. The most important priority when I go to eat somewhere is whether I can actually eat something! Touching food is just awful.

I don't like going to eat somewhere I haven't been before, because they might do something 'wrong' with my food.

We're all weird!
Reply 10
If I'm eating anything that's made of meat I have to look at the bit I'm about to bite before I can eat it. Like if I'm eating a burger I'll take a bite, then look at the inside of the gap that's made so I know that my next mouthful won't involve gristle or fatty bits. Yeah I'm weird... :tongue:
I'm a food dissector. I have to take everything apart before I eat it. I have no idea why but my mum said she's never known me to not do it!

By everything I mean chips are cut into tiny chunks, chicken must be pulled apart, pies have to have the filling removed from the pastry.

No one has noticed it other than my current bf however, and his reasoning was "can you not pull your wings to pieces- it's makes it harder to steal them when you go to the loo."

EDIT: my sister says I always stick my tongue out a little to guide things into my mouth. I will test the hypothesis over dinner.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Clioashlee
I'm a food dissector. I have to take everything apart before I eat it. I have no idea why but my mum said she's never known me to not do it!

By everything I mean chips are cut into tiny chunks, chicken must be pulled apart, pies have to have the filling removed from the pastry.

No one has noticed it other than my current bf however, and his reasoning was "can you not pull your wings to pieces- it's makes it harder to steal them when you go to the loo."

EDIT: my sister says I always stick my tongue out a little to guide things into my mouth. I will test the hypothesis over dinner.

never seen anyone do that before lol, would you like seperate chocolate bars n stuf? as in ones with filling say a star bar or a snickers? lol

sounds messy lol
Original post by LukeM90
never seen anyone do that before lol, would you like seperate chocolate bars n stuf? as in ones with filling say a star bar or a snickers? lol

sounds messy lol

Chocolate is a nightmare lol. Bars; I'll carefully peel away at the chocolate shell to expose the filling first. I like milky ways and mars bars best or this. If its a very soft filling like a kinder bueno, I'll take the bottom off and finger/ lick (:colone:) the filling out before eating the shell.

Maltesers are my favourite! But I have to get the chocolate off each one before I eat he honeycomb.
Reply 14
I'm fussy about food and I MUST pick out every single fat, e.g. out of the chicken, otherwise I won't eat it.
I find it annoying/disgusting when people eat chewing gum with their mouths open. In fact, I can't bare the sight of chewed gum. Especially those people who, when about to eat, stick their gum in the side of a crisp packet or the side of their plate and save it for later :'( When I can hear them chew or make popping noises I can't open my mouth or I'll probably be sick... In their face.

Anyone else eat their snicker bar by nibbling the chocolate from around the edges so that there's only chocolate on the top and bottom and then eat it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
When I eat Walkers crisps I nibble a bit off the entire circumference of each crisp and then eat the middle remaining bit. No idea why
Reply 17
I break food. It sounds so stupid but if I'm eating a chocolate bar I won't bite into it. I'll break it into a piece then that piece into two and eat it. If I'm eating crisps I can't eat them whole, I will break it with my hands then eat it. Same with sandwiches, list goes on. My friends noticed a few years ago and I still haven't managed to stop!
Whenever it comes to a main meal such as a roast dinner, I'll always eat it in a certain order one thing at a time:
Things lower down in the 'hierarchy' (vegetables etc.) get eaten first.
Then the tastier things (the potatoes) get eaten next.
The meat (if any) gets eaten last.

But yeah, I don't 'mix and match' like you're supposed to, I eat it one thing at a time. I think that's a bit weird for an eating habit.
Reply 19
My friend is on a diet but her dad makes her sandwiches every morning so she usually ends up sharing them with me. She absolutely hates the fact I always leave the crust.

Quick Reply

Latest