The Student Room Group

"Any vaguely ok looking girl has at least a few guys chasing after her"

I remember someone saying this to me a while ago. That any vaguely ok looking girl either

a) has a boyfriend
b) has at least a few guys chasing after her
c) has a boyfriend AND has at least a few guys chasing after her

By chasing after her, I dont mean following her everywhere she goes and acting desperate and creepy. By chasing around, I mean she has perhaps several male friends or acquaintances in her life who look out for her and are ready to snatch up any opportunity to get with her.

Thus, many girls have a line of guys who want her. This can get to many girls' heads and inflate their egos to extraordinary levels. This makes it extremely difficult for the average guy to gain any sort of sexual or relationship experience, unless they pay for it.

To what extent do you agree with this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Insecurities
I remember someone saying this to me a while ago. That any vaguely ok looking girl either

a) has a boyfriend

By chasing after her, I dont mean following her everywhere she goes and acting desperate and creepy. By chasing around, I mean she has perhaps several male friends or acquaintances in her life who look out for her and are ready to snatch up any opportunity to get with her.

Thus, many girls have a line of guys who want her. This can get to many girls' heads and inflate their egos to extraordinary levels. This makes it extremely difficult for the average guy to gain any sort of sexual or relationship experience, unless they pay for it.

Trying to build up your neg rep?
Reply 2

a) has a boyfriend

Post a picture of a "vaguely ok" looking girl?
Reply 3
Original post by edithwashere
Trying to build up your neg rep?
if you haven't got anything appropriate to add to the discussion, don't post.
I must be really butt damn ugly and hideously deformed then.
Reply 5
Hmm. I think it comes down to preference. What you find average, others find extremely attractive. But also as you said it's usually their male acquaintances who fancy them, which means they know the girl pretty well so it may come down to factors beside looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I must be really butt damn ugly and hideously deformed then.
maybe so, girl, maybe so. i advise wearing some makeup, wearing shorter, tighter clothing and smiling. that should get you some attention in no time. glad i could be of help girl.
Reply 7
Faaaaaantastic. So now I'm not even "vaguely OK looking".

:unimpressed:
Reply 8
Original post by eliza.anne
Hmm. I think it comes down to preference. What you find average, others find extremely attractive. But also as you said it's usually their male acquaintances who fancy them, which means they know the girl pretty well so it may come down to factors beside looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this, but they do have to be fairly good looking, unless the guy is ugly himself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Don't necessarily agree with the ' must have boyfriend' part, but hate to say the ' chasing after' part might be true. I've seen this happen so much. But to be fair you can't blame them, if they like her looks, what's going to stop them ' chasing after her'?
Why are there so many shy, introvert pretty girls then.
Original post by eliza.anne

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, tbf, some women do just get looked at all the time, in the street, etc - walking around town with a friend who is rather stunning can be amusing at times, trying to keep count of all those looks, not to mention very second-rate chat-up attempts in shops, flirtatious brushings, guys stopping to ask if she has a modelling contract yet, yawn, etc, etc. Lol. I think she gets pretty fed up with it though, it's the guys who take no interest that she is interested in.
I don't know if you're being serious, but if you are I can never understand these arguments. You seem to be assuming there are more men than women in society. There aren't. There are roughly the same amount. Either you're saying that each of these 'follower' guys is 'following' multiple girls, in which case they clearly aren't really that interested or invested in any one of them and need to stop whining about it, or you are saying that less than average looking guys 'should' be able to get with average, i.e. more attractive than them, girls. I'm not saying they can't, that's a different argument, but there is something not adding up about your proposed situation.
Change " any vaguely ok looking girl" to "any pretty girl" and I would agree.

Someone said to me once, "every boy has at least one girl who fancies him, but in most cases he doesn't know it and she is too scared to say".
I'd say that's more true, but I bet no boys on here would agree. :indiff:

a) has a boyfriend

This is so boring, the amount of times this has been posted on TSR...
It's probably true if you are a regular part of the clubbing and drinking side of youth culture, but for the vast majority of people it simply isn't true.
Reply 16

Yes that's the reason you have to pay for sex .....

Nothing to do with you, it's the inflated egos of all those "vaguely ok looking" girls out there. If only they didn't have inflated egos, I'm sure you'd be getting laid like crazy :rolleyes:
Original post by lizz-ie
I'd say that's definitely not true. Not to seem arrogant, but I've been told that I'm quite good looking by some of my friends (who are girls), and I've never had a boyfriend, or even come close to having one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

all girls say that to their friends
Reply 18
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Well, tbf, some women do just get looked at all the time, in the street, etc - walking around town with a friend who is rather stunning can be amusing at times, trying to keep count of all those looks, not to mention very second-rate chat-up attempts in shops, flirtatious brushings, guys stopping to ask if she has a modelling contract yet, yawn, etc, etc. Lol. I think she gets pretty fed up with it though, it's the guys who take no interest that she is interested in.

This is true. But I don't think girls necessarily have to be that good looking. I would never consider myself above average but I approached a fair bit and given creepy compliments. I think a lot of men are just very confident/desperate lol. Then again I do live in a scummy area lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most men are desperate sex fiends, so it's not really news that they will take anything they can get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending