The Student Room Group

AAT-ACA Fast Track Route ANYONE??HELP

Hello,

I want to become Chartered Accountant and just came across the AAT-ACA route.Anyone gone through this route?Can you pls guide me the steps of entering the route?I do not know whether I need an employer or find a place where they teach this.PLS PLS PLS HELP.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Reply 1
Although I am unable to help you with AAT-ACA route, but I want to direct your attention to ACCA course.

You can start it at college, you don't need an employer but you might want to take tuitions at ACCA's Approved Learning Partners(ALP), it has 14 papers which on average are completed in 2.5 years.

I can help you with your ACCA queries.
Reply 2
Original post by Enoxial
Although I am unable to help you with AAT-ACA route, but I want to direct your attention to ACCA course.

You can start it at college, you don't need an employer but you might want to take tuitions at ACCA's Approved Learning Partners(ALP), it has 14 papers which on average are completed in 2.5 years.

I can help you with your ACCA queries.

But I was told that ACCA and ACA are different qualifications.With ACCA,one can never become a Chartered Accountant.Is that true?
Reply 3
There are 6 certifications, members of which can conduct Audit in the UK including ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI...
Reply 4
That means that with ACCA one can become a Chartered Accountant, if you do ACCA then you might be eligible to be exempted from most papers of ACA..
Reply 5
Original post by Enoxial
That means that with ACCA one can become a Chartered Accountant, if you do ACCA then you might be eligible to be exempted from most papers of ACA..

Oh,really?Thanks for your help.So how many years would it take me to become a CA through ACCA?
Original post by Lassy96
Hello,

I want to become Chartered Accountant and just came across the AAT-ACA route.Anyone gone through this route?Can you pls guide me the steps of entering the route?I do not know whether I need an employer or find a place where they teach this.PLS PLS PLS HELP.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Hi Lassy - the AAT route is also known as an apprenticeship route - you can do this straight from school, without qualifications, unless an employer specifically asks for them. It's a great way of progressing to Chartered Accountancy status without having to go to university, because you can study while you work (and get paid of course!) Why not check out the icaew.com/careers website because it gives you lots of information about the qualification and how it works.

Best wishes. Louise
Reply 7
Original post by ICAEW Advisor Louise
Hi Lassy - the AAT route is also known as an apprenticeship route - you can do this straight from school, without qualifications, unless an employer specifically asks for them. It's a great way of progressing to Chartered Accountancy status without having to go to university, because you can study while you work (and get paid of course!) Why not check out the icaew.com/careers website because it gives you lots of information about the qualification and how it works.

Best wishes. Louise

Hi Louise,

Thanks for your prompt reply and detailed message.However,I am opting for the online CFAB qualification now.I do not want to work now.But I am still very confused about the training agreement.Do we have to obtain a training agreement before starting the ACA or after?Also,will any company even employ me only based on a CFAB qualification?
Reply 8
Original post by Lassy96
Oh,really?Thanks for your help.So how many years would it take me to become a CA through ACCA?

Average time is 2.5 years to pass the exams, you also need 36 months of experience which can be earned while studying or after passing the exams.
Original post by Lassy96
Hi Louise,

Thanks for your prompt reply and detailed message.However,I am opting for the online CFAB qualification now.I do not want to work now.But I am still very confused about the training agreement.Do we have to obtain a training agreement before starting the ACA or after?Also,will any company even employ me only based on a CFAB qualification?

Hi Lassy

The ACA is a professional qualification that you must have an ICAEW authorised training employer to complete, as you will need to have completed a certain amount of relevant work experience, an ethics module and a professional development module too. In terms of your qualifications, each employer is different in their requirements - what are your current plans? Employers will see CFAB as a benefit, but they may want other qualifications too - again it all depends on their requirements.

Louise
Reply 10
Original post by ICAEW Advisor Louise
Hi Lassy

The ACA is a professional qualification that you must have an ICAEW authorised training employer to complete, as you will need to have completed a certain amount of relevant work experience, an ethics module and a professional development module too. In terms of your qualifications, each employer is different in their requirements - what are your current plans? Employers will see CFAB as a benefit, but they may want other qualifications too - again it all depends on their requirements.

Louise

Hi Louise,I am sorry but I am still very confused.I have just completed GCSE.What will the fastest route for me to become a Chartered Accountant?Do I do the CFAB or the AAT-ACA route or is there anything other route for GCSE gradutes?Thanks once again.
Reply 11
Original post by Lassy96
Hi Louise,I am sorry but I am still very confused.I have just completed GCSE.What will the fastest route for me to become a Chartered Accountant?Do I do the CFAB or the AAT-ACA route or is there anything other route for GCSE gradutes?Thanks once again.

Im not to sure about CFAB. Many firms do school leavers programmes which are higher apprenticeship programs. Many look for 3 A levels ranging from 260-320 ucas points depending on the firm, they will also look for a A-B in Gcse Maths and English again depending on the firm.

To become a chartered accountant it's best to apply to do audit in most firms, if you get an offer it will either be an offer consisting off AAT-ACA or straight ACA, again it depends on the firm. Most of the training contracts last for 4-6 years.
Reply 12
Original post by Dhaden
Im not to sure about CFAB. Many firms do school leavers programmes which are higher apprenticeship programs. Many look for 3 A levels ranging from 260-320 ucas points depending on the firm, they will also look for a A-B in Gcse Maths and English again depending on the firm.

To become a chartered accountant it's best to apply to do audit in most firms, if you get an offer it will either be an offer consisting off AAT-ACA or straight ACA, again it depends on the firm. Most of the training contracts last for 4-6 years.

So there is no way for GCSE graduates?The minimum is Alevels?
Reply 13
Original post by Lassy96
So there is no way for GCSE graduates?The minimum is Alevels?

All the school leavers programmes from firms require A levels yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending