The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Carr-Saunders, Passfield or Rosebery hall?

Looking for advice from current students but it would be nice to hear from some other perspective students too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've gone for all three! have you heard back yet?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by TPJY
I've gone for all three! have you heard back yet?

I haven't applied for accommodation yet, just trying to narrow down the list.

Have you? If so, where did you apply and where?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by kieronspitter
I haven't applied for accommodation yet, just trying to narrow down the list.

Have you? If so, where did you apply and where?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes i have? i just said :tongue:

order: rose, carr, pass :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TPJY

Oh lol, I misread it. I though you said that you had been to all three.

Which do you prefer??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh lol, I misread it. I though you said that you had been to all three.

Which do you prefer??

Posted from TSR Mobile

haven't been to any so can't honestly say! i've just picked in order of price :tongue: apparently most of the rooms are the same, and plus i've heard good things about the rosebery social life :smile: they're all about a 15-20 min walk
Original post by TPJY

Applied to those 3 in the same order as well
Reply 7
Original post by abhiksetia
Applied to those 3 in the same order as well

Any reason for the order or was it just based on price??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any reason for the order or was it just based on price??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rosebery's apparently one of the more 'social' halls from what I've read, plus the pictures of the rooms looked nicer. Didn't like passfield so much but have that as third because its still the contract length I wanted...
Reply 9
I've gone for Passfield then Rosebury second, I picked Passfield above Rosebury just because of the distance. I went for both because I've heard they're social halls (as well as Carr Saunders, but can't remember why I didn't add that to my list). :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah, I went for 1)Passfield, 2)Roseberry and then 3)Carr-Saunders. I went for the northern cluster halls on the basis of location mainly. Passfield seems to be in a nice area (bloomsbury) + northern cluster halls all seem social from what I've heard.
Reply 11
I'm not applying to Carr or Passfield but Rosebery is my first choice (the other two being High Holborn and Bankside House). I chose Rosebery first because I think the location looks great, seems to be a quiet residential area with lots of trees and parks, and that Exmouth Market area looks really nice. I'm not too bothered about the rooms because as far as I can tell, they're all pretty much the same, but the ones at Rosebery seem nicer than some of the others. The social life is supposed to be better too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
I just sent off Roseberry, Passfield, Carr Saunders, in that order :smile:
Reply 13
Hey! I'm a fresher at Rosebery so any questions about LSE or accommodation just ask! Xx
Reply 14
Original post by Ruby1109
Hey! I'm a fresher at Rosebery so any questions about LSE or accommodation just ask! Xx

Hey, what's the social life and food like??

Any regrets in choosing roseberry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hey, what's the social life and food like??

Any regrets in choosing roseberry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Social life is amazing, definitely the best hall at LSE. I loved it so much I'm staying here next year cos I didn't want to move out of halls, I'm on the committee as social secretary so I organise freshers/club nights/west end trips and stuff like that.
Food is decent. You choose either a meat, fish or vegetarian main course and 2 sides (rice, potatoes, fries, carrots, beans, peas, sweetcorn, broccoli etc. there is always 2 carbs and 2 veg choices) There are bread rolls and a salad bar. And you also get to choose either the hot dessert, cake, yoghurt or fruit!

nope no regrets apart from not taking my cutlery out of the kitchen! And not doing enough work...
Reply 16
Original post by Ruby1109
Social life is amazing, definitely the best hall at LSE. I loved it so much I'm staying here next year cos I didn't want to move out of halls, I'm on the committee as social secretary so I organise freshers/club nights/west end trips and stuff like that.
Food is decent. You choose either a meat, fish or vegetarian main course and 2 sides (rice, potatoes, fries, carrots, beans, peas, sweetcorn, broccoli etc. there is always 2 carbs and 2 veg choices) There are bread rolls and a salad bar. And you also get to choose either the hot dessert, cake, yoghurt or fruit!

nope no regrets apart from not taking my cutlery out of the kitchen! And not doing enough work...

Thank you for the feedback. Does the time you apply effect your chances of receiving your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hey guys, I'm a fresher at Passfield - feel free to contact me with any questions about PF! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by JamesCAN
Hey guys, I'm a fresher at Passfield - feel free to contact me with any questions about PF! :smile:

A little review would be nice! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by JamesCAN

Hi, how accurate is this description (below) of Passfield? Someone posted it in another thread and I was wondering if you agree with it

Original post by greasymonkey93
I am a passfield resdient 2012/2013.

Do not be deceived by the beautiful georgian building. Inside it it a sh** hole. Currently there are mice infestation everywhere, first spotted in the canteen - a dead mice - we all joked about having a passfield pet. But soon found out there some in peoples rooms in the kitchen etc. They said something is being done but I cannot see any progress and still get a visit from the little monsters. There had also been a flooding in the main building with toilet waste dripping from the 3rd floor to the basement - it was disgusting and made the halls smell. to this day nothing had been done to clean the carpet> The sewage remnants are still visible on the light green/grey carpets the have in the passage ways. Sometimes there is no hot water and reception just throw out the excuse it is an old building with a old heating system.

The problems with passfield is endless- do not even get me started on the evening meals - uugggghhhh. The main chef craig - if you ever meet him- has no social skills whatsoever. Everyone hates him! Mind you, everyone else working in the canteen halls are as good as gold.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending