The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Lenton and Wortley Hall - private shared bathroom :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by MattTurner4L
Applied for accommodation two days ago, just got my offer in, large single study in Florence Boot - holla if you're in the same boat as me!

My girlfriend got put into Nightingale last week too and it means she's only down the road, super exciting times!!

It's really nice that you're coming to uni together :smile: FloBo is lovely, you look over gardens on one side and towards the lake on the other.

More stuff I keep remembering...
- Your uni card gets you into your hall (some halls have keyed doors too, but many have a card scanner at the entrance) as well as the libraries (there are several - Hallward is the big one in the middle of campus, George Green is the science library, Greenfield in the med school...), and is also your lunch card
- There are lockable bike sheds in each hall, you just pay a small (~£10) deposit for the key; there are also bike stands pretty much everywhere on campus. Bring lights, security will slap you with a £200 fine for riding at night without lights!
- Campus 14; Mooch, The Den, 12 hall bars - one drink at each. You have three hours. Good luck brave adventurer :wink: You'll end up doing this at least once, it's hilarious :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by Dragos
hei!
i got an offer for a ensuite room at Lenton and Wortley Hall. Who else got an offer here ?

Me! For a private shared bathroom though :biggrin:
Reply 63
Original post by JasmineN19
Rutland, En suite
I haven't confirmed yet though! Does anyone know anything about what Rutland's like???

I think Rutland's actually the hall that get's the most "banter" aimed at it, I've heard about chants like "Rutland take it up the arse" because it used to be an all-boys hall or something? Haha! Don't let that put you off though, it seems like a really social hall :smile:
Original post by alex193
It's really nice that you're coming to uni together :smile: FloBo is lovely, you look over gardens on one side and towards the lake on the other.

More stuff I keep remembering...
- Your uni card gets you into your hall (some halls have keyed doors too, but many have a card scanner at the entrance) as well as the libraries (there are several - Hallward is the big one in the middle of campus, George Green is the science library, Greenfield in the med school...), and is also your lunch card
- There are lockable bike sheds in each hall, you just pay a small (~£10) deposit for the key; there are also bike stands pretty much everywhere on campus. Bring lights, security will slap you with a £200 fine for riding at night without lights!
- Campus 14; Mooch, The Den, 12 hall bars - one drink at each. You have three hours. Good luck brave adventurer :wink: You'll end up doing this at least once, it's hilarious :biggrin:

Yeah man it really is, at the moment it's LDR so being a few minutes apart will be brilliant haha! Had a look around Florence Boot when I visited last week as our campus tour guide was there for her first year, seems really, really nice so chuffed with that offer!

Haha I've heard many stories from Campus 14, looking forward to the challenge...
Reply 65
Applied for accommodation two days ago, just got my offer in, large single study in Florence Boot - holla if you're in the same boat as me!

My girlfriend got put into Nightingale last week too and it means she's only down the road, super exciting times!!

Hi there! I got an offer for a large single study in Florence Boot too! I can't wait for September, just need to get the grades now:biggrin:.
Oh, and what subject will you be studying?
Reply 66
Original post by laurajadex
I think Rutland's actually the hall that get's the most "banter" aimed at it, I've heard about chants like "Rutland take it up the arse" because it used to be an all-boys hall or something? Haha! Don't let that put you off though, it seems like a really social hall :smile:

Basically, Rutland always do really well in the Karni Cup (the charity fundraising competition), and rumour has it that they have rich alumni making donations... :wink: They're kind of the hall everyone jokingly loves to hate lol. It's all good natured, and everyone takes the mick out of each other anyway (you'll learn the chants during freshers week :wink2:)!
Reply 67
Original post by snpretorius
I am going there too! I hope it is nice!!

Awesome! From what I've read, it is pretty decent :biggrin:

What course are you doing? :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by laurajadex
Lenton and Wortley Hall - private shared bathroom :smile:

I'm staying at Lenton and Wortley :biggrin: what will you be studying?
Just got my offer :smile: Willoughby hall, single study. Has anyone else had an offer for Willoughby? And do any current students know what it's like there? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Nuh_a
Hi there! I got an offer for a large single study in Florence Boot too! I can't wait for September, just need to get the grades now:biggrin:.
Oh, and what subject will you be studying?

Hahah yeah, the grades, final hurdle!

Politics, yourself?
Reply 71
Original post by alex193
Hey guys, current 1st year student living on University Park here - if you've got any questions about life in halls, feel free to ask! I'm in Sherwood by the way :smile:

Hey alex193, I just got an offer for a single study room in Willoughby halls. I have to be honest, I wasn't too happy with the offer as I wanted to be at the bottom of the downs and because Willoughby seems to be have quite a few 'lads' and bimbos living there; so I was just wondering whether you know anything about Willoughby (good or bad!)? I'd rather know the about it, even if it's not encouraging, so I can prepare myself :smile: thank you for all the info you've already posted on this thread!
Reply 72
Hahah yeah, the grades, final hurdle!

Politics, yourself?

I'll be studying Engineering, and it just so happens it's on the opposite end of the campus to Florence Boot... :redface:
Reply 73
Original post by sarah567
Hey alex193, I just got an offer for a single study room in Willoughby halls. I have to be honest, I wasn't too happy with the offer as I wanted to be at the bottom of the downs and because Willoughby seems to be have quite a few 'lads' and bimbos living there; so I was just wondering whether you know anything about Willoughby (good or bad!)? I'd rather know the about it, even if it's not encouraging, so I can prepare myself :smile: thank you for all the info you've already posted on this thread!

Well, every hall has a mixture of people - you're all randomly allocated, so there's always going to be a mixture of personalities! University is a little microcosm of society and it'd get very boring if we were all grouped by personalities, but on the whole everyone seems to get along really well. I've got some lovely friends from Wills, and they're both enjoying living there. Wills is single-gender floors (I think! Certainly my friends are all on girls-only floors) so you'll probably be living with lots of other girls, which takes the 'lads' out of the equation :smile: As for the downs, you can still walk across them to get to most places, but trust me, you'll get fed up with that hill quicker than you'd expect :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sarah567

Willoughby is in a pretty good position. Located near FloBo, Cavendish and Ancaster and a nice 10 min walk to Portland. It has a large Mix bar which serves food at lunch times. Don't worry about the people you'll be with! The allocation of halls is completely random so you should have a good mix of different types. The university stopped allowing you to choose your hall a few years ago for exactly this reason as certain halls seemed to attract particular types. Eg Cripps and Hugh Stewart had more students from private schools.
Reply 75
Original post by adampowdrill
Just got my offer :smile: Willoughby hall, single study. Has anyone else had an offer for Willoughby? And do any current students know what it's like there? Thanks! :smile:

My boyfriend's in Willoughby atm. It's alright! Not one of the prettiest halls I don't think but it's not bad (in my opinion)
Original post by alex193
Hey guys, current 1st year student living on University Park here - if you've got any questions about life in halls, feel free to ask! I'm in Sherwood by the way :smile:

I just got an offer for Sherwood Hall - what is it like? :smile:
I got my offer today for Cavendish hall, anyone else going to be there too? :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by epicnerd
I got my offer today for Cavendish hall, anyone else going to be there too? :smile:

Hi! I've also got an offer for Cavendish hall :biggrin:

What course are you doing? :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by abzy1234
Yeah, I just looked around now, and apparently where Cavendish is, there's a bunch of building blocks lol. We shall hopefully see in the future! :tongue:

Ah that's awesome, you're guaranteed a place then :biggrin: I need to get AAA, which is certainly doable; but a lot of hard work required.

Oh god, hope that's not there come September!

Yep, it's def nice not having the pressure :biggrin: Good luck!

Original post by epicnerd

I got Cavendish, too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending