The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elda.lauka
<br />
<br />
Esperanto is a language that was supposed to be made out of all the languages in the world with bits and pieces from all of them, so that everybody could speak the same language (apart from their native one). A bit like 'globish' but even better because it would be made out of all the languages. However it never really picked up and didn't become very popular. Personally I think the idea was brilliant!

But it only really worked for speakers of European languages. It's no more similar to Mandarin than English.
Reply 181
Original post by aasvogel
(upside down question mark) Hola amigos! También, soy estudiando espanol para los GCSE y estudiarle para mis A-Niveles (juntos con Frances) y me le gusta!

Me gustaría hablar en espanol para practicar mi nivel de espanol :smile:

me gusta practicar espanol tambien, pero es molestísimo cuando no sabes unos verbos lo que quieres utilizar,

Frances y espanol? wow! es dificil no? O estas fluidez en frances ?
Original post by aasvogel
(upside down question mark) Hola amigos! También, soy estudiando espanol para los GCSE y estudiarle para mis A-Niveles (juntos con Frances) y me le gusta!

Me gustaría hablar en espanol para practicar mi nivel de espanol :smile:

Estoy estudiando los GCSE también, pero creo que seas mucho mejor :tongue: No me gusta la asignatura :lol: Mi lingua preferida es aleman :awesome:

Ich hatte vergessend, dass ich ein bisschen Spanish kann.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harlee24
Lol that's cool, I've been trying to read and watch programs in spanish, but i have to pause every 2 seconds to use google translate and that's sooo long.

We had tons of Mexican soap operas on our TV channels and were already in our language but we could hear the original language, so learnt some words :colondollar:
Reply 184
Original post by ForgetMe
We had tons of Mexican soap operas on our TV channels and were already in our language but we could hear the original language, so learnt some words :colondollar:

Awww how many languages do you speak? or which do you want to be able to speak?
Awww how many languages do you speak? or which do you want to be able to speak?

I can speak Lithuanian fluently (=my native language), English is quite reasonable, I can poorly speak Russian and French :smile: I'd like to be able to speak at least at Intermediate level in Russian, French for the moment :smile: In future might consider learning German and Spanish :smile:
Reply 186
I can speak Lithuanian fluently (=my native language), English is quite reasonable, I can poorly speak Russian and French :smile: I'd like to be able to speak at least at Intermediate level in Russian, French for the moment :smile: In future might consider learning German and Spanish :smile:

Wow that's quite a bit, I just have a real passion for learning another language fluently and since I've been doing spanish for 5 years at school, I really want to be able to speak it properly, I would love to spend a year in south america / spain to improve my spanish
(Insert spanish equivalent of OMG here) claro! Muchas gracias, quiero tomar espanol por mis A niveles, pero pienso que es demasíado dificil, Que tu opinas?

Ahahaha, de nada! :smile: Y yo opino que si es dificil, y a veces puede ser que este muy exigente en cuanto al trabajo que se tiene que hacer, pero me parece que tienes un nivel de espanol que es fantastico, y si lo quieres estudiar entonces definitivamente, lo deberias hacer! Obviamente con tal que trabajas muy duro, no creo que tengas una problema! :smile:
Wow that's quite a bit, I just have a real passion for learning another language fluently and since I've been doing spanish for 5 years at school, I really want to be able to speak it properly, I would love to spend a year in south america / spain to improve my spanish

My only passion is English language, so that's why probably the rest are left behind and I didn't learn them properly :K:
Reply 189
Original post by LyelWolverine
Ahahaha, de nada! :smile: Y yo opino que si es dificil, y a veces puede ser que este muy exigente en cuanto al trabajo que se tiene que hacer, pero me parece que tienes un nivel de espanol que es fantastico, y si lo quieres estudiar entonces definitivamente, lo deberias hacer! Obviamente con tal que trabajas muy duro, no creo que tengas una problema! :smile:

A veces, Gracias! :smile: me encanta el idioma y estoy preparado a hacer el trabajo para ganar un A*, Ojala pueda hacerlo. Y si tengo la oportunidad, viajaría al espana y viviría alli, para practicar espanol. sería fenomenal
Reply 190
My only passion is English language, so that's why probably the rest are left behind and I didn't learn them properly :K:

Well it written wise it sounds absolutely fine! :smile:
Original post by elda.lauka
Esperanto is a language that was supposed to be made out of all the languages in the world with bits and pieces from all of them, so that everybody could speak the same language (apart from their native one). A bit like 'globish' but even better because it would be made out of all the languages. However it never really picked up and didn't become very popular. Personally I think the idea was brilliant!

oh wow, I'm guessing it's not very widely spoken then?
Reply 192
Original post by EmilyJayne14
Google Translate :eek:

Of course I do as my language teachers advise me and NEVER use that :wink:

It's better for some languages than others.
Hey!

J'ai acheté deux livres... Pour l'allemand et l'espagnol...

German one has arrived, and I only just ordered the Spanish one so :biggrin:
Reply 194
図書館で勉強:P
Original post by Music99
図書館で勉強:P

Don't understand that at all :tongue:

How does it work? Is each square symbol a word?
Reply 196
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Don't understand that at all :tongue:

How does it work? Is each square symbol a word?

The first 3 symbols is 1 word, and the next symbol is a particle and the last 2 is another word.

It says I'm studying in the library, In case you were wondering :smile:.
Original post by Music99
The first 3 symbols is 1 word, and the next symbol is a particle and the last 2 is another word.

It says I'm studying in the library, In case you were wondering :smile:.

What's a particle in terms of language?

Aah, I see!
Reply 198
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What's a particle in terms of language?

Aah, I see!

It's like something that assigns a grammatical function, so we know what each part of the sentence is doing.
Original post by Music99
It's like something that assigns a grammatical function, so we know what each part of the sentence is doing.

Wow :eek:

Latest